The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
Main Menu

The Real Ghostbuster figures

Started by Sparky, 03/26/2018, 07:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sparky

Hi guys, been awhile.  Still around and have wet dreams and a lot of love still for my TG16.
Just thought I would ask if anyone is into The Real Ghostbusters? Was a great cartoon back in the day.

I have been collecting off and on and looking for upgrades, weapons, ghosts and monsters.
I already have quite a few but thought I would ask here what you have and maybe if you want to sell to me or trade or warm hugs towards them.

TheClash603

Quote from: guest on 03/26/2018, 07:43 AMHi guys, been awhile.  Still around and have wet dreams and a lot of love still for my TG16.
Just thought I would ask if anyone is into The Real Ghostbusters? Was a great cartoon back in the day.

I have been collecting off and on and looking for upgrades, weapons, ghosts and monsters.
I already have quite a few but thought I would ask here what you have and maybe if you want to sell to me or trade or warm hugs towards them.
I had EVERY figure when I was a kid.  My parents would hunt for miles around until I had every figure in each set, it was pretty amazing of them actually.

By the time I was in middle school, the figures were all gone.  Not sure if they threw them out or if they got lost in a move, but they just ceased to exist.

seieienbu

The only one I ever had was an old lady with a giant mouth that opened named Granny Gross iirc.  I got it for either a birthday or Christmas one year.  I watched the show on occasion but didn't ever get into the action figure line (I was more of a Transformers kid).  If I can find Granny Gross and you'd like her she's all yours.

Quote from: TheClash603 on 03/26/2018, 07:55 AMI had EVERY figure when I was a kid.  My parents would hunt for miles around until I had every figure in each set, it was pretty amazing of them actually.

By the time I was in middle school, the figures were all gone.  Not sure if they threw them out or if they got lost in a move, but they just ceased to exist.
Wow, that's straight up tragic.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Sparky

Clash that's crazy there all gone!!! Someone had a yard sale when you were away!!!

And thanks seieienbu but I got that dirty Granny, shes one of my fav! :)

TR0N

I watched the real ghostbusters last year on netflik.The show still holds up well at least season one does after that the show goes downhill.Though i never got into the toys as a kid i all ways thought kenner could have done better with them.Still,this new line coming by from diamond select toys look way better then the original line  :shock:
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Sparky

Quote from: TR0N on 03/27/2018, 12:59 AMI watched the real ghostbusters last year on netflik.The show still holds up well at least season one does after that the show goes downhill.Though i never got into the toys as a kid i all ways thought kenner could have done better with them.Still,this new line coming by from diamond select toys look way better then the original line  :shock:
The retro figures were more then I ever expected with there hidden scare modes and accessories, I still giggle with the hair raising figures and the eyes that pop out, teeeeheeee, but ya that new line looks pretty cool.

TR0N

Quote from: Sparky on 03/29/2018, 07:01 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 03/27/2018, 12:59 AMI watched the real ghostbusters last year on netflik.The show still holds up well at least season one does after that the show goes downhill.Though i never got into the toys as a kid i all ways thought kenner could have done better with them.Still,this new line coming by from diamond select toys look way better then the original line  :shock:
The retro figures were more then I ever expected with there hidden scare modes and accessories, I still giggle with the hair raising figures and the eyes that pop out, teeeeheeee, but ya that new line looks pretty cool.
Dunno when i was kid i had kenner run of star wars and i like it.I don't know why but i got never got into the original toy-line for,real ghostbusters.Still i like this trend of late of taking toys from the 80's and having them redone with more detail with transformers,he-man motu etc.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Sparky

Quote from: TR0N on 03/30/2018, 02:35 AM
Quote from: Sparky on 03/29/2018, 07:01 AM
Dunno when i was kid i had kenner run of star wars and i like it.I don't know why but i got never got into the original toy-line for,real ghostbusters.Still i like this trend of late of taking toys from the 80's and having them redone with more detail with transformers,he-man motu etc.
I have the original Star Wars from when I was a kid and many years back I almost found them all, I am just short a few power of the force figs. The Ghostbusters figs in comparison are super goofy and I think that's why I never got into them. Some reason I appreciate them more now and love the actions and style of them. Some are super ridiculous but that smile they give me and my kids has got me after them. I hate being a collector sometimes, my kids are turning out to be just like me :P

soop

I think I had the original four, but I doubt I still have them
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

esteban

I don't think I ever saw the toys in real life, but I'll admit to watching the cartoon (it was a lot better than I thought it would be).

It's funny how a few years in age makes all the difference with certain toys/shows growing up.

Anyway, the *other* Ghostbusters show (Ghostbusters, on a competing network) was basically unwatchable (but I still watched some of it, rather than fifth repeat of something else).

Anyway, what I'm basically saying is this: You should collect Ghostbusters toys from BOTH toy lines. We don't have to close our hearts off anymore.

Call me if you knew help (the gorilla character who wears clothes is hilarious!)

#bustingGHOSTBUSTERSrivalries
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

wildfruit

I had the 4 guys, a slimer, a stay puft, a firehouse and a sweet ecto-1 with a winch in the back. After I moved out I went back home one day and asked my mum where they were.
" I probably threw them out"

IMG

Sparky

Bullshit!!! The firehouse? Slimmer. You don't throw that stuff out. You question her again!!! I don't care how long it's been. She gave it away to a neighbors kid or a cousin in the family! Keep us posted!

ToyMachine78

Quote from: guest on 03/26/2018, 10:09 PMClash that's crazy there all gone!!! Someone had a yard sale when you were away!!!

And thanks seieienbu but I got that dirty Granny, shes one of my fav! :)
You mean Granny Gross

wildfruit

Quote from: guest on 04/17/2018, 10:35 PMBullshit!!! The firehouse? Slimmer. You don't throw that stuff out. You question her again!!! I don't care how long it's been. She gave it away to a neighbors kid or a cousin in the family! Keep us posted!
I think the most likely explanation is she took them to a table sale fundraiser at the school she works at cos I know she did that with some other stuff she thought had no value. To be fair I had forgotten about most of my old stuff and only remembered it when I turned into a man child few years ago.
The one that hurt me the most was my Nintendo adventure books. I had them all, done in pencil so I could rub out and do again. I knew them off by heart but still read them over and over in my room when I had no friends. ( I went to a school far away to be with one friend and he moved away after one year)

esteban

Quote from: wildfruit on 04/18/2018, 06:14 PM
Quote from: guest on 04/17/2018, 10:35 PMBullshit!!! The firehouse? Slimmer. You don't throw that stuff out. You question her again!!! I don't care how long it's been. She gave it away to a neighbors kid or a cousin in the family! Keep us posted!
I think the most likely explanation is she took them to a table sale fundraiser at the school she works at cos I know she did that with some other stuff she thought had no value. To be fair I had forgotten about most of my old stuff and only remembered it when I turned into a man child few years ago.
The one that hurt me the most was my Nintendo adventure books. I had them all, done in pencil so I could rub out and do again. I knew them off by heart but still read them over and over in my room when I had no friends. ( I went to a school far away to be with one friend and he moved away after one year)
You just reminded me... I bought a Bionic Commando "novel" (??) many years ago but only read half of it. I want to read it properly, but I just checked all my bookshelves and can't find it. Goddammit, it's probably having a cigarette with my MIA TurboEverDrive somewhere...
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG