10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Fighting Street Suspended Until Further Notice...

Started by NightWolve, 05/08/2018, 04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NightWolve

The idea for closing Fighting Street for a couple of weeks/months had been floated, 2 people even told me they wanted it shut down for good though I'm not sure I agree with that in full... More obvious rules need to be specified against things like death threats, dox jobs, and some level of discretion when things get too out of hand as was true for months!!! It can't be just a pure 4chan situation...

Given all the drama, 5 self-deletions after the delete/permaban of Nulltard for extortion/blackmail/intimidation by hijacking a dox job, various forms of continued group/gang trolling/abuse/hounding weeks afterwards, exodus threats, some being carried out, FS has done more harm than good in terms of venting versus destroying... So, a temporary shutdown was in order given the extraordinary circumstances...

In addition, last week I started looking for another moderator, I'd like 2 new ones, but only made the offer to someone that could even be trusted as a co-admin so far, and I can't think of anybody else here besides him. Obviously that plan was expedited as I was hoping for a few months for us to cool off first, but enough still wanna continue hound harassment trolling (including Necromancer/NecroPhile who I *deeply* regret ever making a mod!) and other forms of it...

Any suggestions for said new moderator roles can be PM'ed to me. My 1st choice wasn't sure he'd want to, and maybe less so now given the escalation, but yeah, I need ideas on that and for new future rules for Fighting Street, plus the forum in general.

ALSO, ANY attempts to poison existing threads or make new ones to continue Fighting Street (as some of you quickly tried to organize off a chat room) WILL be heavily policed, you'll join a 1 week timeout ban immediately! Yes, peace via delete and ban-hammer! Take/Keep your trolling snipes/viciousness/hatred/hate-mongering somewhere else!!! This forum needs a long break from it!