Webmaster Dude Needed

Started by SignOfZeta, 05/21/2018, 03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SignOfZeta

It used to be everyone had a website. Then people got lazy and just let Facebook do everything for them. I'm stuck in the middle. I don't want to keep my skills up and I don't want to use the popular alternatives either. So I need a web designer guy. This is of course a paying gig, but not a big one. It's mainly just going to be a place to make available any of the audio stuff I do. There are no ads, no income at all.

Basically I need a guy to keep my page working and to make a few new ones. There isn't going to be a Squarespace thing or anything like that. I want non-proprietary stuff up and down. You can probably do everything in like...HTML 2.5. I don't want anything fancier unless it's requried. I also don't want to talk to my ISP about anything so that's your job too. Basically I just don't want to do anything like this anymore, I need to free up time resources for other things.

PM me here or email me at signofzeta@mac.com
IMG

bob

flashing gifs, a button for AOL, and must be netscape compatible?
sign me up.  i will draft the site map and we can go from there.  you might want to work on a first pass of FAQs.  those queations are asked frequently

NightWolve

I dunno if Bob/galam is serious or not, but I believe soop said he's a web guy of sorts if memory serves, so that's somebody else to ask if he doesn't see this first.

In my opinion, you need a web team of at least 2 if you want a website you can be proud of/not embarrassed by. One worker for graphics, art, design, color choices, overall appearance, and the other worker on the technical side to handle programming/coding for HTML, CSS, script client/server side (if need be), functionality, domain registration, hosting issues, tech support, etc.

I suppose for what you're asking for, static HTML, and nothing too fancy, etc. maybe you can find someone to handle it all and get a decent result if enough experience is there. But yeah, that's what I'd look for to get my money's worth.

esadajr

Ah the good ol days. Way before the likes of wordpress would do everything for us (well, sort of). Even nowadays one can pull some good stuff with plain old html, a few frames here and there, (now that bandwidth is not a problem) a bunch of gifs, some dropdown menus (so think dthml anyone). If I had the time I'd offer my services. Keep us posted on how that website goes.
Gaming since 1985