OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Why doesn't the LT work on a CDRom2?

Started by Slypty, 07/08/2018, 10:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slypty

As per the title, I've seen mods where you hack up the top front of the Super CDRom2, and the LT will work on that system if you don't mind demolishing your SuperCDRom2 System.

I'd like to attempt a similar mod on the CDRom2 UHF-30 unit, but I wanted to make sure that the only reason it won't recognize the LT is because the SCART pin adapter that sticks out of the CDRom2 just isn't far enough out?  Are the pins on the LT shorter than most to make a connecting point?
  There's room in the UHF-30 to push the whole motherboard forward, I'd think someone had tried this by now.  Don't want to get myself in a hole if this is a doomed mission, anybody know?

Keith Courage

Why not just plug the pc engine lt right into the IFU-30 docking station? No UHF 30 needed

Slypty

I think the Super CDRom2 has a different RGB layout than the PCE White, Core and Core GrafX 2. 

I bought this RGB booster to go with my LT, and although I can get regular AV I can't get RGB out.  I didn't realize till now that it isn't compatible with either the LT or Super CD Rom2, but the RGB will work the other PCE Systems with SCART out. 

Visit here to see the compatibility list.  So the ROMROM2 does do something to relay the RGB signals at the least.. 

https://zenmarket.jp/auction.aspx?itemCode=n273923759

SignOfZeta

I'm confused. The LT plugs into the IFU. I've seen it a million times. That's why it's the same size and shape as the Core systems. What exactly is your question?
IMG

Slypty

I was under the impression that was what the RomRom2 adapter is for?  To make it compatible with the UHF-30 or other systems.  If that isn't what it's for, what is it used for?

SignOfZeta

IMG

Slypty

Had no idea.  Actually had it hooked up and had no AV output from the LT at one time, I'll try again.  Thanks

thesteve

may need a separate power supply connected, but it does work
all the pinouts are the same RGB ect