OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Where would you go to watch a retrogaming stream?

Started by finerion, 01/01/2019, 10:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finerion

I'm looking into doing some live streams of my Sega Genesis Challenge video series in the near future and I was curious what the community's thoughts are on which streaming service to go with. Twitch, YouTube, Mixer, and Facebook all have their pros and cons around features, community building, and saturation, but none really seem to have a very significant retrogaming stream community that I can tell. What are your thoughts?
Check out new episodes of The Alfred Effect.

majors

Personally I do not watch live streams of ppl playing games unless it's a fighting game tournament(with high production). I know it's popular with the kids, but I'd rather just play game myself :) but good luck with your endeavor!
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

NightWolve

I would say YouTube has the highest visibility than the others. Even the earliest SmartTV Operating Systems came with a YouTube app, so if want guaranteed views across all platforms, that's the way to go. I sometimes watch GameSack on my TV, more convenient than with my phone. Although it's more a show while their "Playing with Sacks" content is more in line with live streaming and then just publishing it to YouTube when it's over.

DragonmasterDan

I'm not big into watching Streams but it seems like Twitch is the big platform for that. Since I'm into watching streams, I don't watch Twitch much. So I would actually say YouTube but I am not your target demographic for streaming videos.
--DragonmasterDan

finerion

Definitely leaning towards Twitch as the more established platform at this point. I really like YouTube for hosting my static videos, but not sure it is the best in terms of streaming. Lots to consider and continue to research. I definitely appreciate the feedback from everyone.
Check out new episodes of The Alfred Effect.