10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Rondo of Blood coming to the US after 30 years says Konami

Started by tbone3969, 06/17/2021, 10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbone3969

https://kotaku.com/almost-30-years-later-castlevania-rondo-of-blood-is-c-1847097497

Almost 30 Years Later, Castlevania: Rondo Of Blood Is Coming To TurboGrafx-16
Rondo of Blood on original hardware? Can't beat that

IMG

Quote from: KotakuE3 2021 has been a great time for folks with modern consoles, but what if you stopped upgrading in 1992? Well, this is for you: Limited Run Games is releasing the original TurboGrafx-16 version of Castlevania: Rondo of Blood in America for the very first time. No release date yet, but the boutique publisher said the game is "coming soon" during today's surprise reveal.

What is Castlevania: Rondo of Blood?

Castlevania: Rondo of Blood, perhaps better known by its Japanese title of Akumajō Dracula X: Chi no Rondo or just Dracula X, was released in 1993 for Japan's PC Engine CD, what we know in the states as the TurboGrafx-CD. It's long been considered one of the best Castlevania games of all time. Although it features mostly linear, level-based gameplay akin to earlier installments, Rondo of Blood is actually a direct prequel to 1997's Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, the PlayStation hit that first introduced Metroidvania-style gameplay to the franchise.

After remaining exclusive to Japan for over a decade, Rondo of Blood eventually made it to the West in 2007 as part of the PlayStation Portable's Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles collection, which included both a new polygonal remake and the original TurboGrafx game as a secret unlockable. This provided fans the opportunity to play Rondo of Blood with an official English translation for the first time. The game appeared on PlayStation 4 as well, bundled with Symphony of the Night in 2018's Castlevania Requiem compilation.
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

EvilEvoIX

IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

technozombie

I'm sure this will be successful, maybe it could lead to some other official releases. As an ardent lover of RPGs, I'd love to see more of them translated.