@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

"Lords of Thunder" High Scores

Started by PCEngineFX, 09/28/2007, 01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCEngineFX

IMG

Making placeholder post for my favorite shooter...

Overall Score (difficulty NORMAL)
csgx1: 2,398,500
elnino: 2,310,100 (using Earth armor)
Nulltard: 2,297,000
PunkCryborg: 1,510,800
Necromancer: 1,117,100
vestcunt: 1,112,200

Level 1 Score (difficulty NORMAL)
Pcenginefx - Coming soon...

Overall Score (difficulty HARD)
csgx1: 2,555,500
Geise: 1,950,600

Overall Score (difficulty SUPER HARD)
Ultra Luigi: 2,486,700 (using Earth armor)
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG
IMG

elnino

Well, let's get this started!

elnino: 2'310'100 All clear

The difficulty was set to normal and I've used the almighty earth armor in every level.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
People said his brain was infected by devils!
PCE Shmupscountown: 109/110 (1to go)
PCエンジン - シューティングゲーム読み秒:109/110個 (1個余る)

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

VestCunt

Never really paid attention to my score on this before.
Today I got 1,112,200
Topic Adjourned.

Ultra Luigi

All right, I can finally share a score with you guys.

Super Mode
2,486,700 (earth armor) All Clear

geise

1,950,600 (Hard mode)
Started at Dezant with the fire armor, and went clock wise on the levels.  Same with the armor.  Sarted with fire, then earth, water, lighting, then back to earth for the rest of the game.  I need to make sure I don't get hit cause you get extra points for collecting the weapon power ups if you're already full power.  Same goes for health.  BTW it is mega impossible to take a snapshot of your high score.

esteban

Quote from: geise on 07/19/2013, 06:02 PM1,950,600 (Hard mode)
Started at Dezant with the fire armor, and went clock wise on the levels.  Same with the armor.  Sarted with fire, then earth, water, lighting, then back to earth for the rest of the game.  I need to make sure I don't get hit cause you get extra points for collecting the weapon power ups if you're already full power.  Same goes for health.  BTW it is mega impossible to take a snapshot of your high score.
1. Be certain batteries in remote control are FRESH.
2. Play the damn game.
3. Ask mom to press the RECORD button(s) on your VCR during final boss battle. NOTE: Remote control recommended for Step#3, but optional.
4. Be certain FRESH VHS TAPE is in VCR.
5. Thank mom.

IMG
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

geise

Yeah, hehe.  I think video runs are the only way to go to prove that it really is your score.  I'll have to capture one at some point.

esteban

Quote from: geise on 07/20/2013, 07:45 AMYeah, hehe.  I think video runs are the only way to go to prove that it really is your score.  I'll have to capture one at some point.
I trust you, but as for other folks? Hell, no.

PunkCryborg

IMG
Hopefully the creator of this thread, our absentee admin, will someday update this or let someone who cares about this forum and our pce scene like me ability to update high scores.

csgx1

I thought I was getting pretty good at this game after my latest run/score (below) on hard.  So I tried super difficulty and I couldn't get past the first level.  Super is really challenging. 

2,555,500 - Hard
IMG

DQ187

1CCed Lords of Thunder last night for the first time with a score of 1,563,770. I have the Sega CD version though so I don't know if this counts here as I don't know if there are differences in the PC Engine version. I've never played that 1 :/  Beat on Normal with Water Armor:

IMG

csgx1

2,398,500 - Normal difficulty run I did a few months ago.

IMG

esteban

Quote from: DQ187 on 03/24/2016, 12:44 PM1CCed Lords of Thunder last night for the first time with a score of 1,563,770. I have the Sega CD version though so I don't know if this counts here as I don't know if there are differences in the PC Engine version. I've never played that 1 :/  Beat on Normal with Water Armor:

IMG
Sell me the Sega CD version so I can compare them. :)

I am happy to include your score, we just put a note by it (FEKA-CD) and it might encourage some other folks to play through FEKA's version.

:)