RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

"Soldier Blade" High Scores

Started by elnino, 10/02/2007, 03:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elnino

IMG

Here's the high score thread for one of the finest shooters on HuCard!

Main Game
dqualls187: 2,538,600 Operation Complete
shubibiman: 2,260,900
bust3dstr8: 1,972,000 Operation Complete
Obfuscate: 1,951,100 Operation Complete
elnino: 1,915,600 Operation Complete
SamIAm: 1,896,300 Operation Complete
Tatsujin: 1,526,000

2min Game
shubibiman: 639,300
Obfuscate: 609,800
Trevpwnsnoobs: 596,800
elabit: 530,800
dqualls187: 501,000
Ninja Spirit: 468,800
runinruder: 468,500
Vimtoman: 430,000
Neurosis138: 428,400
coolshooterspaceship: 419,400
roflmao: 408,600
Pcenginefx: 368,500
BlackandBlue: 367,400

5min Game
shubibinman: 1,726,200
Obfuscate: 1,630,600
Ninja Spirit: 1,457,000
dqualls187: 1,342,500
elnino: 1,234,600
coolshooterspaceship: 1,097,100
roflmao: 985,700
www.pcedaisakusen.net
People said his brain was infected by devils!
PCE Shmupscountown: 109/110 (1to go)
PCエンジン - シューティングゲーム読み秒:109/110個 (1個余る)

NecroPhile

Here's my scores from last night:

2 Minute: 422,000
5 Minute: 1,202,800

I don't have a high score for the main game, as I haven't played it through since my high scores were deleted (damn Sim Earth).
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Keranu

Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

PCEngineFX

IMG

Damn NecroPhile, you must have found all of those extra gold blocks to get that score over 400K...
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG

_Paul

NecroPhile

Woot!  New scores fresh from today's shmupping:

2 Minute: 428,300
5 Minute: 1,295,700

PCEngineFX

Quote from: guest on 10/15/2007, 12:15 AMWoot!  New scores fresh from today's shmupping:

2 Minute: 428,300
5 Minute: 1,295,700
Tell me your godly ways to get the almighty high-score!
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: Pcenginefx on 10/15/2007, 12:53 PMTell me your godly ways to get the almighty high-score!
Pick up all the gold Z thingys, destroy as many things on screen as you can, and shoot everything as soon as it enters the screen.  The quicker a wave is obliterated, the sooner the next wave will appear (more enemies equals more points).

elnino

Quote from: guest on 10/16/2007, 12:15 PMand shoot everything as soon as it enters the screen.  The quicker a wave is obliterated, the sooner the next wave will appear (more enemies equals more points).
This is basically true, but keep in mind that you get extra points if you let the snake like buddy form a circle around you and shoot him from the inside!
www.pcedaisakusen.net

NecroPhile

Quote from: elnino on 10/17/2007, 03:25 AMThis is basically true, but keep in mind that you get extra points if you let the snake like buddy form a circle around you and shoot him from the inside!
Hmmm.... I'll have to try this.  I usually waste its ass before it makes its first turn.

elnino

Quote from: guest on 10/17/2007, 10:44 AM
Quote from: elnino on 10/17/2007, 03:25 AMThis is basically true, but keep in mind that you get extra points if you let the snake like buddy form a circle around you and shoot him from the inside!
Hmmm.... I'll have to try this.  I usually waste its ass before it makes its first turn.
The best way is to kick his ass when he enters the screen but stop as soon as he's turning red. Kill anything which might get in your way, go to the middle of the screen and wait until he has circled you completely. You can now kill him with one or two shots and you don't waste precious time. If you do it correctly you get an extra 50k points, if you've been impatient you'll get only half of them.
www.pcedaisakusen.net

NecroPhile

With elnino's fine tip, I've pushed my scores up, up, up the ziggurat, lickety-split.

2 Minute: 501,400
5 Minute: 1,454,300

nat

Nice homage there, Necromancer.

elnino

Quote from: guest on 10/18/2007, 05:04 PMWith elnino's fine tip, I've pushed my scores up, up, up the ziggurat, lickety-split.

2 Minute: 501,400
5 Minute: 1,454,300
Nicely done! Here's another tip, maybe you know about this but anyway. There are some plant like enemies which show up in a pair on a water canal twice in the game, on from the left and one from the right side. They are completely harmless and don't throw anything towards you. However, if you stay in the horizontal middle of the screen when you start shooting at them you will likely destroy both of them at the same time which will get you 50k instead of the usual 10k.
www.pcedaisakusen.net

PCEngineFX

Quote from: guest on 10/16/2007, 12:15 PM
Quote from: Pcenginefx on 10/15/2007, 12:53 PMTell me your godly ways to get the almighty high-score!
Pick up all the gold Z thingys, destroy as many things on screen as you can, and shoot everything as soon as it enters the screen.  The quicker a wave is obliterated, the sooner the next wave will appear (more enemies equals more points).
Do the Z thingys just show up if a bulllet passes over them or do they show up if your ship passes over the area?  I've only seen 2 of them ;\
IMG

NecroPhile

You have to shoot them a few times before they'll show up, and you have to keep shooting them to get the bonus points.  You'll hear a kind of ringing noise when you're shooting the right spot, but sometimes it gets drowned out by the other stuff going on.

runinruder

Gave two-minute mode a try today.  468500.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

shubibiman

This is my best 2 minutes mode score : 565 300
Normal mode : 2 260 900
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

Ninja Spirit

Normal game score is pitiful cause I continued

2 Min. - 468,800

5 Min. - 1,261,500

I do would like to mention another enemy of interest: those giant metal orbs that split into smaller ones. If you destroy all the smaller orbs you get bonus points as well. They get away from you fast!

BTW who likes to dance with the mid boss (matching it move for move)? That is some fun shit!

shubibiman

2 Min : 565 300
Normal game : 2 260 900

Keranu

Quote from: Ninja Spirit on 04/12/2008, 01:30 PMBTW who likes to dance with the mid boss (matching it move for move)? That is some fun shit!
That is a lot of fun! I love the bosses in Soldier Blade, they have such a fun feel to them. Knocking off individual parts is a blast.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

NecroPhile

Keranu, nat, or Joe: could one of you add shubi's awesome scores to the list.  Four months is long enough to make a fellow wait, don't ya think?

shubibiman

Thanks for your support, Necromancer  :wink:

Ninja Spirit

My new 5 Minute score as of 4/22: 1,457,000

Ceti Alpha

What happened to posting pics of scores? I cry foul!!!  :P
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

nat

Yeah, seriously.

We've gotten seriously lax about this. Pics are required... Isn't that in the rules? If not, it should be!

NecroPhile

Quote from: nat on 04/22/2008, 12:37 PMYeah, seriously.

We've gotten seriously lax about this. Pics are required... Isn't that in the rules? If not, it should be!
Then please edit out my high score from the official list.  I don't have a digital camera and ain't about to get one just to satisfy proof nazis.  :roll:

nat

Well, I'll leave it in, but I guess we need to add my high score of 928,579,484,383 in that case. Too bad I didn't have a camera around to capture that wonderful moment.  Darn. No matter, anything goes! :roll:

shubibiman

I do have pictures of my scores and can post them anytime you want ;)

nat

NecroPhile

Quote from: nat on 04/22/2008, 01:02 PMWell, I'll leave it in, but I guess we need to add my high score of 928,579,484,383 in that case. Too bad I didn't have a camera around to capture that wonderful moment.  Darn. No matter, anything goes! :roll:
If you're that worried about other's honesty, then feel free to delete it.  I'm already over it.

I simply don't see the need for proof, as only a pathetic loser would lie about a high score in a sad attempt to garner adulation on a forum.  Such a desperate fool could easily edit in whatever score they wanted anyway, so what's the point?

P.S. - I've matched your high score and have a screen shot to prove it, but decided against posting it, since I used Aaron's dandy pic as a starting point.  It made me giggle, but I wasn't too sure that he'd see the humor in it.

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: guest on 04/23/2008, 12:37 PM
Quote from: nat on 04/22/2008, 01:02 PMWell, I'll leave it in, but I guess we need to add my high score of 928,579,484,383 in that case. Too bad I didn't have a camera around to capture that wonderful moment.  Darn. No matter, anything goes! :roll:
If you're that worried about other's honesty, then feel free to delete it.  I'm already over it.

I simply don't see the need for proof, as only a pathetic loser would lie about a high score in a sad attempt to garner adulation on a forum.  Such a desperate fool could easily edit in whatever score they wanted anyway, so what's the point?

P.S. - I've matched your high score and have a screen shot to prove it, but decided against posting it, since I used Aaron's dandy pic as a starting point.  It made me giggle, but I wasn't too sure that he'd see the humor in it.
Well, that just it Necro. Most of us wouldn't bother to lie about a score, but I still think it's a good rule to have. There are pathetic losers/trolls that come around these parts from time to time. In the end, it takes less than 5 minutes to take the picture, transfer the file to the computer, and post it. I personally enjoy seeing pics of everybody's scores.

I guess if you're posting a score of 9000 on NAI then it's not really necessary to post a picture. But if you're posting a score of 1,987,320 then a picture would be nice. It's not a matter of trust with regulars, but just so some random dude couldn't come in and say I got such and such a score.
IMG

esteban

Well, I'm going to squeeze in a few games tonight, but so far I've racked up 17,000,986,002,000,001 points in Soldier Blade.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: ceti alpha on 04/23/2008, 02:51 PMWell, that just it Necro. Most of us wouldn't bother to lie about a score, but I still think it's a good rule to have. There are pathetic losers/trolls that come around these parts from time to time. In the end, it takes less than 5 minutes to take the picture, transfer the file to the computer, and post it. I personally enjoy seeing pics of everybody's scores.

I guess if you're posting a score of 9000 on NAI then it's not really necessary to post a picture. But if you're posting a score of 1,987,320 then a picture would be nice. It's not a matter of trust with regulars, but just so some random dude couldn't come in and say I got such and such a score. 
I respectfully disagree, as I don't really care if someone dishonestly gains the #1 spot.  Screen shots are nice and all, but shouldn't be mandatory, though if they're going to be added to the rules as a requirement, so be it.  I'll just keep my handful of scores to myself.....my precioussssss.  :)

Back to the topic at hand: How did you get such an awesome score, shubibiman?  I demand to know your Zeograde destroying secrets!  :D

Ceti Alpha

QuoteI'll just keep my handful of scores to myself.....my precioussssss.  Smile
No fair!! I wanna see!!!  [-o<
IMG

shubibiman

IMG
OG: http://shubibiman.free.fr/Hiscores/SOldier%20Blade%20Normal%202.JPG

I just realised I didn't have a picture for my 2 minute mode score that a made 2 years ago.

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

BlackandBlue

Man I don't know how you guys do it, but I gave it a shot.  Seemed to get progressively worse as I played, so first score was the best.

IMG
Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

bust3dstr8

Clowns Suck
IMG IMG

bust3dstr8

/dsc02005q.jpg
/dsc02008l.jpg
Clowns Suck
IMG IMG

Ceti Alpha

IMG

Tatsujin

it seems I have to give it another shoot soon again :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Opethian

IMG
my best :(
IMG

henrycsc

395700.... I'll work on it
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

shubibiman

Keep in mind that the amount of points is different whether you play the regular hucard or the special gucard.

NecroPhile

Quote from: shubibiman on 07/16/2010, 07:45 PMKeep in mind that the amount of points is different whether you play the regular hucard or the special gucard.
Which one is generally more generous and gives higher scores?

shubibiman

The Special Hucard (and not gucard, of course ;))

Alt-Nintega

Almost beat bust3dstr8's score in the main game....

IMG

I definitely need more practice in the caravan levels. Didn't beat the boss at the end of the 5 min game.

NecroPhile

BlueBMW

I can tell that you guys must be VERY good to break 500k on the 2 minute mode.  I played for nearly an hour and a half straight on just the 2 minute challenge.  The best score I got was 483500!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc