PcenginefxTV: What would YOU like to see in the next ep?

Started by PCEngineFX, 08/02/2004, 05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCEngineFX

I've been getting a lot of requests for a new episode of PcenginefxTV, so I'd like to ask visitors what you would like to see in the next episode.  Any kind of suggestions/requests are welcome!
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG
IMG

cubanraul

I somehow missed the episodes when I first came to the site in its older incarnation and am glad to finally get to see them!  I really liked seeing games I may have played on sega genesis and sega cd being played on the turbo (fatal fury on genesis was just plain sad).  Most of all seeing obscure PC-FX stuff and those great commercials have got to be my favorite parts though.

Anonymous

Those are GREAT features and I'd just love to see MORE of them.  I guess I'd like to see some more PC FX stuff, as there isn't much written about that console or its games.  The Turbo Duo stuff is great for nostalgia, though.  I can't get enough of it.

Can't wait for the next one!

jlued686

Freaking awesome!  I just wish they were a little longer, but hey, I'll take what I can get.  Those promo videos were great.  I used to have all of them, but like a fool I got rid of them in high school.   :oops:

I hope a new one comes soon!

PCEngineFX

Just to let everyone know, the next episode of PcenginefxTV is well into production, to be released this month ;D
IMG
IMG

jlued686

That's great news!  I'll be looking forward to it!

dpaint4

Ummm... I know it will be a few monthes until the next episode because I know how much work putting that stuff together is, but I want to answer anyway.  My two cents:

Wishlist of games to cover in no particular order:

-VALIS 1, 2, or 3, or 4 (CD/SCD, CD, CD, SCD) (MY ALLTIME FAVORITE ACTION SERIES!!)
-Devil Hunter Yohko (SCD)
-3x3 Eyes (SCD)
-Cotton (SCD)

-Last Imperial Price (PC-FX)

-Any good non-dating, non-softcore RPG for the PC-FX.

-GT, or Shuttle, or that thing were you can attach your DUO to your headband for play on a bicycle.  Just kidding.  :shock:

dpaint4

Nevermind about Last Imperial Prince - it got really lame really fast.  Sorry.  I was a little too excited about it.  The screenshots seemed really promising, and I was hoping for a more ACTION oriented Action RPG. It's insane that there are times where you just walk across screen after screen of completely flat environment with no events in site.  Weird.

Don't bother with it.

Nutribrain

I also gave Last Imperial Prince a testdrive some weeks ago. I was also a bit disappointed. It looks a little bit too simple in terms of graphics. And the gameplay at the very beginning wasn't that great to lure me to spend more hours with this game.

I'll probably try it again in some months.

Other FX games that would be great to show Rururi Ra Rura comes to my mind. It's always nice to see some games in action. Or Miraculum, I would also be interested. But probably Zeroigar would be a good choice, because I see that every 2 months I see someone asking what kind of shooter it is, and if it is great ...

Kepp up the great work, Aaron!

Jared4781

i would like to see any TV commercials / AD Campagne's that NEC / TTi produced for the Turbo line in the USA. I've searched the net far and wide and can not find commercials or anything for Turbo stuff (plenty of master system, nes, genesis, atari, etc ...)
always looking to buy mint turbo games. hit me up if you've got some!

PCEngineFX

Thanks everyone for the suggestions for future shows!  I will seriously take all of your recomendations into consideration.

As for USA Turbo ads, even I don't really recall seeing any TV ads for the unit...however I *thought* that NEC had one or two TV ads for the Turbo, however I don't think I have them.  The only TV stuff I have are the info commercials for the TurboGrafx-16, TurboDuo, and TurboCD.
IMG
IMG

esteban

QuoteAs for USA Turbo ads, even I don't really recall seeing any TV ads for the unit...however I *thought* that NEC had one or two TV ads for the Turbo, however I don't think I have them. The only TV stuff I have are the info commercials for the TurboGrafx-16, TurboDuo, and TurboCD.

During fall 1989 (possibly starting in late summer 89) there were TV ads for TurboGrafx-16 on WPIX 11 (new york city).  I didn't see them too often, or for a long period of time, but they were aired during afternoon cartoons ... i had taped a show (g.i. joe or transformers) and there was a commerical for this crazy new video game system!  my brothers and i knew we had to get it (we had NES at the time).  

the genesis wasn't out, and there weren't any tv ads for genesis yet(otherwise we would have had to make a decision on which console to get).

the tg16 ad made fun of NES games (not by name, but NES dominated the market).... there may have been variations/different length commercials, but this is what i remember:

"why choose the competitor's old stinky system..." [ image of a crudely join sprite shooting a gun, but projectile can't make it off the screen and falls down ]

"when you could have the action, speed, and graphics of these games for turbografx-16" [montage of clips from Blazing Lazers' Bubble Stage, China Warrior's boss confrontations, can't remember what else, but if you blinked you missed a game or two]

i really can't remember what the announcer said (i wish i could remember the tag line at the end), but i know they didn't show footage from an actual NES game or name Nintendo directly, but you knew what they were getting at. they might have shown a clip of gameplay from Bloody Wolf (i.e. as the superior "commando" game in contrast to the fictional one the ad opened with) but i thought Bloody Wolf came out after launch.

my guess is that they showed clips from many of the launch titles.  i looked for this VHS tape years ago (late 90's), when i was visiting my parents, but they must have thrown out all the old boxes my brothers and i were storing in the basement.  it probably was recorded over, anyway...

TRIVIA: a preview of Blazing Lazers (with gameplay footage) was featured on some corny-ass video game show around the same time.  i can't remember the name of the show, but it had hosted segment(s) (teenage/20 something male) + bad cartoon every episode.  one of the characters in the cartoon was a talking/walking turnip (or something).  The show rarely, if ever, covered tg16 (mostly NES and genesis).  it aired on either wwor 9 or wpix 11 (NYC).

QuoteBut probably Zeroigar would be a good choice, because I see that every 2 months I see someone asking what kind of shooter it is, and if it is great ...

YES! I'd love to see some Zeroigar...
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

PCEngineFX

Thanks for the description stevek666...I guess I need to start hunting for those ads :D

As for Zeroigar, footage of it is on the latest episode of PcenginefxTV if you haven't seen it yet...
IMG
IMG

esteban

^^ i haven't had a chance to watch any of the episodes... if i finish all the tasks i have on my to-do list, then i will treat myself.  i've been saying this for a 2-3 weeks now, mind you.

as for the tg16 tv spots: it probably wasn't a national campaign... perhaps the tv ads were only shown in the markets/regions where the console was initially launched.

the commercial was very short, so my brothers and i had to play it in slow motion to get a better look at the gameplay footage.  

REQUEST:  on the old site, there was an awesome JAPANESE YS MUSIC VIDEO with a "live band" playing a song from YS I & II.  Is that featured in PCfxTV?  Also, what are the details behind this video....

thanks for all your hard work :)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

asshat

I can say I only have two requests:

1 It would be great to see what a Supergrafx game looks like - in particular Ghouls and Ghosts.

2 More reviews of fun games that contain a lot of Anime that English speakers can navigate.  Simple platformers or puzzle games would be great!

PS: I own the Neo-Geo version of Fatal Fury Special but the review you had of PCE FFS was so cool that I am going to track it down  :D

vtnwesley

The typical gameplay footage stuff for older games usually says a lot more these days than actual reviews. Focusing on the game footage and in-game music (even if you just tag the footage to an MP3 from the game so you can flip from scene-to-scene without music changing) would be a nice minimalist approach, with perhaps a review or two for more indepth coverage afterwards.

Any old commercials, hardware reviews, or other things we DON'T get via emulation would totally rock. Hardware review inparticular would have me interested. Showing off the hardware, going over the basic ins and outs, the good/bad/ugly.

Once you hit about 45-60 minutes worth of video total between all eps, I'd kill to see you take the source video you used (hopefully WAY higher quality) and make VCDs or WMV data discs and sell them on the Cafepress store. You could have some spankin' Turbo related box art and what not. It'd be awesome. I'd pay $12-15 for an hour of full resolution VCD quality video. It might lighten your bandwidth load on the site and even make you a little money.

Just some ideas. Keep up the great work.

Keranu

I think he makes some very good points. By the way, does anyone here watch that Retrocore series that's hosted online? I think it's pretty funny and informational for the hardcore gamer.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Whoom

evilmax17

Hope to see a new episode soon!

While I love PCEFXTV in its current form (and I hope it continues in the same fashion), how about short weekly video reviews of the TG16 Wii releases for that week?  Maybe this wouldn't necessarily fall under the PCEFXTV label, but it might be a nice addition to the site.
IMG

Dark Fact

A new PCEngineFX episode is long overdue in my opinion.  There is still so much more to see and cover! I would like to see some focus on the Valis series, Cosmic Fantasy, and the rare RPG classic Emerald Dragon.

Hell, one of the biggest reasons why I even joined this community was because of PCEngineFX TV! Making whole shows for something like the PC Engine proves the amount of commitment that was made in keeping the PCEngine legacy alive! :D
homepage2.nifty.com/tkdate/ysmusic/screen/graphic/Win_CP_THE_LAST.jpg
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

PCEngineFX

The next PcenginefxTV is long overdue, yes... I can't tell you when I will be able to make another episode however as my day job and my home job (my video production business) takes up most of my time and I can only make my own projects when I am between paying clients...
IMG
IMG

Dark Fact

Ok, no biggie! :) Work and putting food on your table is a top priority after all.
homepage2.nifty.com/tkdate/ysmusic/screen/graphic/Win_CP_THE_LAST.jpg
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

PCEngineFX

......though it never hurts to keep jabbing me once in a while to get a new show out :)  But all means, keep on voicing what you guys want.  Keeps me on my toes  :wink:
IMG
IMG