10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

pcengine-fx.com web host/boards/email status: 11.3.04

Started by PCEngineFX, 11/04/2004, 12:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCEngineFX

Hi all,

SITE STATUS: Well, here is what happened...my web host went down, and I heard talk about them going out of business recently, so to save myself the pain of doing it later, I have decided to ditch my current host and just go with someone reliable.  The new plan I have is 2x better than my old host, and it's even cheaper with better service and faster servers! (YAY!)

EMAIL: Email is still down, so don't bother sending anything to pcefx@pcengine-fx.com for a few more days.

FORUM: Good news!  I was able to backup the old forum database (LUCKY!), and reload the backup to the new host forum...so NOTHING has been lost (so happy about that).  I will be doing monthly backups of the forum just in case (if it is one thing I hate is loosing forum messages...grr)
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG
IMG

cubanraul

great to see the forums back at the very least, glad you found improved hosting as well!

monads

Yea I missed the forum.  But what was with that temporary Pcenginefx forum?  It requred you to re-register and the threads were old?

PCEngineFX

The forum was not yet complete monads.  I first thought that I could only recover the board with an old backup, but I was lucky and managed to backup the current board from the old web host and do it that way.
IMG
IMG

Jammaniaclord

Man that totally blows !

Well at least you didn't lose any data, and work progress, and got a better server for less cash.

Heres to PCEFX.COM!   *cheers*
PC Cocoron Hunter

PCEngineFX

SITE UPDATE 11.6.04:

- eMail is now working (pcefx@pcengine-fx.com)

- Currently working to bring the site back.  No ETA, but should be soon...
IMG
IMG

PCEngineFX

Guwodu, welcome to the boards.  For future reference, please don't resurrect 2 year old posts unless absolutely necessary.
IMG
IMG