Publisher and Developer: KONAMI
Release Date: 21 FEBRUARY 1992
Game Style: SHMUP
Format: HUCARD  8Megabit

IMG

IMG

=======================================================
The Bells:
Enemies that release power up capsules also seem to randomly release power booster bells.  Shooting a bell changes it's color. The power boost is different for each color.  Obtain them can sometimes get you killed but once you have them, use them skillfully to help you clear the game. 
  •    Shooting a bell once makes it change color, shooting it 4 times makes it cycle to the next color.
  •    After changing the power bell to Red the color cycle will loop back to the start.
The cycle of color change goes:  Yellow -> blue -> yellow -> white ->  Yellow ->
       Green -> Yellow -> Red

Yellow Booster Bells   - Gives you bonus score points: 500, 1000, 2500, 5000, 10000
Blue Booster Bells      - Gives you a super bomb that wipes all enemies of the screen and does some
                                   damage to bosses. Can be stored.
White Booster Bells    -  Hurt your enemies with your words!  You are are equipped with a megaphone
                                   for a brief period and during this time you cannot fire bullets only missiles.
Green Booster Bells    - Turns you into a giant for a brief period, Firing bullets is impossible during this
                                   time but neither walls nor enemy bullets can hurt you.
Red Booster Bells       - Allows you to fire 3 laser walls one at a time which will kill or
                                   damage anything that flies in it's path. They can be stored so
                                   use them wisely,  however picking up a different colored booster bell (non
                                   yellow) will cancel any remaining laser walls you have stored.

[-X If you keep shooting a bell till it cycles all through their color change, once the color cycle has
       looped twice shooting it further will exhaust the bell and it will perish.
 [-X Collecting colored bells that are non yellow will cancel your shield so beware!

IMG
Member:                         score:                          difficulty:                          character:
BlueBMW                        691,900                        normal                             octopus
Digi.K                             659,500                        normal                             pentarou

IMG
Member:                         score:                          difficulty:                          character:
Shubibiman                    1,914,100                    normal                               twinbee
BlueBMW                        1,515,300
Majors                            1,473,300                    hard                                  twinbee
Digi.K                             1,388,300                    normal                               pentarou
PunkCryborg                  1,132,100                                                             twinbee

shubibiman

Here is my score :

1 524 500 playing with Twin Bee
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

shubibiman

Here is the picture for my score :
/my.php?image=img3945on5.jpg

NecroPhile

Quote from: shubibiman on 04/25/2008, 02:32 PMHere is the picture for my score :
Your pic won't show up here, but I could follow the link; you need to use one of the forum links instead.  Well done, by the way.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

shubibiman

Digi.k

wow you must have gotten the special bosses :O

shubibiman

Yes, I've got the final boss.
Higher my score may be, I just lost my first place today on the french board parodius high score  :cry:

PunkCryborg

My first play through ever I got 691,900 as the octopus on normal. Looks like I need a lot of practice on this one! It's gonna be a lot of fun though, this game is great. I was playing on my GT.

11/8/11 1,132,100 twin bee

nat

elabit, was this a score from the special/caravan stage or the game itself?

PunkCryborg

That score is from the special stage, I haven't beaten the game yet.

BlueBMW

Crap.. am le suck.  Just got 856700 with twinbee.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

PunkCryborg

Quote from: BlueBMW on 02/22/2012, 10:57 PMCrap.. am le suck.  Just got 856700 with twinbee.
It's all about getting every bell, if you miss one the points drop back to 100. Also the stuffed animals and coins are worth big points.

BlueBMW

1,230,900   Pic coming soon!

Now 1,515,300
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

esteban

Quote from: BlueBMW on 04/13/2014, 01:19 PM1,230,900   Pic coming soon!

Now 1,515,300
Parodius DUH!  IMG
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

majors

Over the MGC weekend- 1,473,300

Hard, Twinbee. First time I ever got the smoke ghost end boss ever.

/IMG_20150412_104855.jpg
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

Digi.k

Thread will be updated sorry I've been slacking here da!!  Made some changes to the opening thread and added some banners and guide to the Booster Bell system.  Hope it helps and hope you like the new banners:D

If I've made any mistakes on the game guide let me know and I will try and get off my ass and amend it.

normal game mode
IMG

Lazing Blazers

Made it to level 5 in the second loop with a score of 796,600. I could post a picture but this section is pretty inactive currently and I doubt anyone cares. Always loved the Gradius series and it's wacky spin-off Parodius!