The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Redifer

bladerunner.jpg

I decided to go for the $25 version instead of the $100 version since there is absolutely no difference other than the inferior packaging on the more expensive version.

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 07/21/2008, 10:00 PMbladerunner.jpg
I decided to go for the $25 version instead of the $100 version since there is absolutely no difference other than the inferior packaging on the more expensive version.
=D>  =P~ Very nice.
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Keranu

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 07/19/2008, 06:53 PMI bought two McDonald's double cheeseburgers (new/sealed/mint, though pickles and onions were not included) and some chicken McNuggets (complete) along with a hot fudge sundea (used but in excellent condition) and a small Diet Coke® (mint/complete).  Well worth the purchase!!
Sounds like your two double cheeseburger transaction was more satisfying than the one I posted.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

JoshTurboTrollX

Tried the Burrito Taco Salad from Hardees.  Wasn't all that good....

Oh, last week I bought a 2006, Chevy Uplander!  Perfect for the trip to MGC next year, so I'll have plenty of room to haul my gaming collection....wait........

](*,) ](*,)
 :cry:
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Joe Redifer

OceanBlueKirby

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 07/22/2008, 12:14 AMTried the Burrito Taco Salad from Hardees.  Wasn't all that good....

Oh, last week I bought a 2006, Chevy Uplander!  Perfect for the trip to MGC next year, so I'll have plenty of room to haul my gaming collection....wait........

](*,) ](*,)
 :cry:
I heard that you had to sell your entire game collection from reading the shoutbox a little while back. Was it because your children were a great threat to it, or was your wife unable to have room or stand for it anymore? Either way, I'm sorry that you had to dispatch the lot of it (I'll definitely try to take great care of the three games CrackTiger was able to buy from you now) :(.

I bought three pairs of shorts jeans from going to Mervyn's today. They're all capri-style, very much, and I had some difficulty purchasing the right size since I didn't know of the one I was (I turned out to fit well in a size 6, as opposed to 8-10 like I had originally though). I needed them for my vacation to New Jersey, which I will be leaving for next Tuesday.
"Here comes a new challenger! Four new contestants stepped into the Audio Deathmatch ring today. You be the judge as these juggernauts battle it out in a fight to the finish!" - A segment of the August 3, 2006 update of SuperPCEngineGrafx .com

termis

A mobile phone -- a cheapo LG KG290.

I've been cellphone-less for the past 2 years, & been fine without it, but I'm now in a situation where I definitely need one, so I made the plunge.  :?

Tatsujin

/haulall20080722up1.jpg
/fcgunsvy5.jpg

NTSC-J Wildgunmen zapper pendants :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Keranu

Ahh, they just don't make light guns like they used to.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

SNKNostalgia

NES:

Faxandu
Duck Tales
Xexyz
Strider

Genesis:

Gaiares
Spiderman (The first game)

All for $25

The gametrader store is doing a buy 1 get one free up to $50 value. The lady told me they would be lucky to stay in business past this Christmas  :cry: . Now where the hell am I going to get used games other than E-bay, sheesh. I guess I will clean up what they have left that I want. This place overprices some games but the get 1 free deal nulls that problem completely. Example: Contra NES $30, Super Punchout SNES $35. So $35 for both, not a bad deal really.

BTW, I remember Spiderman for the Genesis being a lot more fun when I played it in 1990. This game didn't age all that well.

Turbo D

Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: Nijustat on 07/22/2008, 09:37 PM/haulall20080722up1.jpg
/fcgunsvy5.jpg

NTSC-J Wildgunmen zapper pendants :)
Oh nice the zapper for the famicom  =D&gt; I bet that cost you alot to get it with the holster and every thing.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

guyjin

Tatsujin

TEH WHY? I DO NOT KNOW, HUMAN. it was just there to buy (lol).
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

MissaFX

Holy crap, those lightguns are the best I have ever seen!  Now that's a NES Zapper!
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

Sparky

well since i have been back from holidays i got in the mail...

TurboDuo... SimEarth (from DreamTR :D)
PC Engine... Gokuraku Chuka Taisen (cloud master) & Far East Of Eden Kabuki Den (From the man nectarsis =D&gt;)
DC... Metropolis Street Racer

& for PS2... Mister Mosquito... & believe it or not i found this in Alaska in a small town called Skagway for $10...
shit, i laughed when i found this and presented it proudly to my wifey... she did not share in my excitement  :P

Digi.k

slightly off topic i guess but I popped into chinatown/soho area and picked up some japanese snacks and sushi!  :P

Fuel for gaming!!

/kwoksta/IMG_0606.jpg

gee I 'd love to share em XD

bust3dstr8

Clowns Suck
IMG IMG

Tatsujin

NecroPhile

Yummmmmm..... dried peas.  =P~

Since when is A&W a Japanese snack?  :lol:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Digi.k

Quote from: guest on 07/28/2008, 01:06 PMYummmmmm..... dried peas.  =P~

Since when is A&W a Japanese snack?  :lol:
haha welllll they don't officially sell A&W here in the UK so its imported from asia.

Tatsujin

todays instant hauls:

/hauls20080729gm2.jpg

:)

Ceti Alpha

...and tats has even kindly offered to give me his DEII... :-"
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

guyjin

Joe Redifer

Tatsujin, please have less instant hauls next time.  This was way too instant for my taste.  Even instant tea isn't that instant.  Now stop it this instant!

MissaFX

Deep Blue Fleet for the FX, New in Box.  $10.
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer

Sparky

Riot Zone came in the mail today... which i cradled in my arms for a short time

also picked up on my way home from work...
PS2... The Adventures of Cookie & Cream & Shinning Force NEO
NES... P.O.W., Kung-Fu Heroes & Marble Madness which is so much fun to play!!!

Tatsujin

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 07/29/2008, 05:55 PMTatsujin, please have less instant hauls next time.  This was way too instant for my taste.  Even instant tea isn't that instant.  Now stop it this instant!
but i bought those very instantly without having a plan to buy anything :-"

CosMind

cave's espgaluda for yon ps2, bay-bee.

MissaFX

/dscf6991qj8.jpg

A box arrived from GeePee today :dance:

nectarsis

My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Ninja Spirit

I bought my DS, AND Manji Maru DS came in the mail, two things fell through in one day. 
IMG
Thanks Kozo

I might consider going out and buying Final Fantasy III DS

nectarsis

LOL...was just in shout a bit ago..we had a power outage for the last 24 hours...FINALLY started FF 3 DS back up...prob played 5-6 hours.

BTW NICE grab on the Manji Maru DS...to few people have this.   :)

Ninja Spirit

Here's a vid of myself messing around with MMDS

Tatsujin

wow..nice hauls all you've goten :)

SuperDeadite

@Missa, you got the ugly Voice Paradise.  There are two versions, that one and also one with just the anime art on the cover and not the actual VA mugshots.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

MissaFX

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 08/02/2008, 06:27 AM@Missa, you got the ugly Voice Paradise.  There are two versions, that one and also one with just the anime art on the cover and not the actual VA mugshots.
Oh I didn't know there were two box arts for this title.  I only picked it up to work towards a complete collection.  I may have to pick up the other Voice Paradice now though.  Do you know of any other FX titles with variant art?

geepee16

hi guys.  there are not - as far as i know - two versions of this game.  actually (and i forgot to tell you about this missa), that game features a reversible jacket (which i didn't know about until the night i packed up missa's stuff [and i have had the game forever!]).  so, just slip out the cover and flip it over and you have a much nicer looking package!! a common misconception is dispelled (?).

MissaFX

Quote from: geepee16 on 08/05/2008, 11:36 AMhi guys.  there are not - as far as i know - two versions of this game.  actually (and i forgot to tell you about this missa), that game features a reversible jacket (which i didn't know about until the night i packed up missa's stuff [and i have had the game forever!]).  so, just slip out the cover and flip it over and you have a much nicer looking package!! a common misconception is dispelled (?). 
Stranger yet...

geepee16

while running around and doing shopping for people on the turbo mailing list and some of you here,  i have taken the opportunity to pick up some stuff for myself though my hands have been too full for things things i have wanted.  still, i got the following (some of which i once owned and just brought back into the fold, others i got for the first time):

pc-fx:
arubarea no otome

bandai playdia:

private step
welcome to marikotown

pc engine:
ryukyu (looking for this one for AGES)
final soldier
momotarou turbo
atlas
hyper wars

dreamcast:
episode of the clover
first kiss II
konohana true report
pia! welcome to carrot 2.5
pia! welcome to carrot 3

plus 15 more dc games
saturn:
over 30 saturn games including langrisser IV

xbox:

otogi
angelic concert
brave knight
air force delta II
j phoenix plus

and more.  can someone tell me how to post images here?

NecroPhile

Nice hauls, geepee.  =P~

Quote from: geepee16 on 08/05/2008, 11:51 AMcan someone tell me how to post images here?
The easiest way is to park 'em somewhere on the web (such as photobucket, image shack, etc.) and then use the link that they provide for forums - easy as cut 'n' paste.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

PCEngineHell

Coke and 5 boxes of ice cream,5 diff flavs of fun :)

Sparky

me gots in the mail today Implode & Meteor Blaster DX ... from the haze!!!! :D :dance:

Digi.k

Joe Redifer

Superman for the Genesis - mintcomplete

Turbo D

Yuna vhs tapes for .99 each. How could I pass them up!

IMG
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

nectarsis

MissaFX

MissaFX

I am rather sure I purchased this, yup that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

/ddqu0.jpg

nectarsis

Greatest Hit 8 times over in canada ;)