The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NecroPhile

Quote from: MissaFX on 08/08/2008, 04:57 PMI am rather sure I purchased this, yup that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Online only donairs?  That doesn't sound very satisfying.  :lol:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

MissaFX

Quote from: guest on 08/08/2008, 05:09 PM
Quote from: MissaFX on 08/08/2008, 04:57 PMI am rather sure I purchased this, yup that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Online only donairs?  That doesn't sound very satisfying.  :lol:
There is an offline binging mode too, don't worry.  That symbol only means you cannot play it online over dial-up.  Broadband only online mode ensures fresh Donairs with every login.
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

NecroPhile

Quote from: MissaFX on 08/08/2008, 05:13 PMThere is an offline binging mode too, don't worry.  That symbol only means you cannot play it online over dial-up.  Broadband only online mode ensures fresh Donairs with every login.
I stand corrected.  That sounds extremely satisfying.

nectarsis

Be careful though...to much sauce can give your PS2 the dreaded DRE error.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: nectarsis on 08/08/2008, 05:19 PMBe careful though...to much sauce can give your PS2 the dreaded DRE error.
Haha!! I can imagine the quest for the donair beginning on the west coast and having to make your way to the east coast for the holy donair. But beware the mutant donair. It kills with one hit.
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

jboypacman

Didnt buy them today but over the past week or so i have gotten the following......

PC Engine:

Rastan Saga II
Nekketsu DodgeBall
Download
Space Invaders
Puyo Puyo CD

NES:

NES "Toaster"
Starship Hector

Sega Master System:

Gangster Town
GhostBusters
Great Baseball

NecroPhile

I didn't buy 'em today, but they arrived today:

TV Sports Basketball
Pac-Land

I did get a strange surprise from one of the games - the expanded polystyrene spacer was broken in half.  When the two pieces fell out of the box, I quickly rechecked the box exterior for damage, yet found none.  There aren't enough small bits to account for the size of a whole piece, so it must've been broken before being inserted.  There is no further evidence to lead me to believe that the game was resealed, so this must be a tale of quality control gone awry.  Out of dozens of sealed games, this is the first such occurrence for me.  Have any of you come across this phenomena before?

Tatsujin

some trash of this week:

/hauls20080810xr8.jpg

:)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Ninja Spirit

Arkhan Asylum

Just got a copy of Tricky Kick for 5$, and Panzer Dragoon for 6$

weeeee.

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Turbo D

grabbed another Yuna vhs today. heh.

IMG
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Sensei

Bought a Famicom Robot and Robot Block.  I already have one, but someday I would like to assemble an army of them and take over the world.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: turbo D on 08/10/2008, 08:20 PMgrabbed another Yuna vhs today. heh.

IMG
*hug*

...Yuna.  Not you!
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Tatsujin

<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Tatsujin on 08/11/2008, 01:15 PMyuna is teh hotty!!
Yeah, if I were a video game character, I'd nail her.  I don't care if she beats my ass afterwards.  It would be worth it.

and then I can move on to another game!  Like CAL.  Theres hotties afoot all over the Super CD-Rom world.

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: guest on 08/11/2008, 01:57 PM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 08/11/2008, 01:15 PMyuna is teh hotty!!
Yeah, if I were a video game character, I'd nail her.  I don't care if she beats my ass afterwards.  It would be worth it.

and then I can move on to another game!  Like CAL.  Theres hotties afoot all over the Super CD-Rom world.
Yes, yes there are.  :mrgreen:
IMG

rolins

I bought a XRGB2 for about $250 but I used a ebay 10% coupon, so only $225. I guess that's good deal. With it I'm going to consolidate all my gaming to a single monitor, my 19" LCD Samsung SyncMaster 953BW. The best part about this XRGB2 is that the seller modified it to accept euro-scart which are easier & cheaper to find than the japanese counterpart. My Sony MSX2+, Saturn, and PS2 are played through scart cables, except for my Nes its using composite video (of course). The MSX, Saturn, and Nes games look great especially with the fake scanlines. The only problem I had was with a couple PS2 games like Mushihimesama and FFXII. I tend to get alot of green/grey lines which was very irritating, but I managed to fix most of it by tinkering with setting on my monitor & XRGB2. PS2 doesn't look as good looking on a CRT but the picture quality is fair enough.

Auction link

rolins

I can't believe I totally forgot about these, the Capsule Shooting Watch by Yujin. I got these several months ago on ebay, iirc just under $5 each. They're inspired by the original Hudson shooting watch made famous by Takahashi Meijin. It can tells time and measures how fast you can press a button in 10 seconds. My record is 115 in 10 seconds with a single button, no where close to Takahashi. There's 5 watches in all with designs from Adventure Island, Bomberman, and famicom. I have the other two, the original Hudson design and Star Soldier. Now if I can just find the bomberman I'll be satisfied.

/egg1aq6.th.jpg /egg2ix2.th.jpg /egg3ua8.th.jpg /egg4dh5.th.jpg /egg5nh6.th.jpg

MissaFX

Quote from: rolins on 08/14/2008, 07:30 PMI can't believe I totally forgot about these, the Capsule Shooting Watch by Yujin. I got these several months ago on ebay, iirc just under $5 each. They're inspired by the original Hudson shooting watch made famous by Takahashi Meijin. It can tells time and measures how fast you can press a button in 10 seconds. My record is 115 in 10 seconds with a single button, no where close to Takahashi. There's 5 watches in all with designs from Adventure Island, Bomberman, and famicom. I have the other two, the original Hudson design and Star Soldier. Now if I can just find the bomberman I'll be satisfied.

/egg5nh6.th.jpg
wow, I have never seen these before.  I assumed when you first called it a shooting watch, the idea was to "shoot" other people's shooting watches with your own.  still a pretty cool little thing.
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

PCEngineHell

Between yesterday and today,2 3DO systems,with 23 games total. Stuff like Way of the Warrior,Primal Rage, Samurai Shodown, ect.. Also nabbed Tekken 3,Ridge Racer 4,3 PS1 mem cards,DS stylus pens for my daughter as part of her birthday gifts.

Sparky

2 3DO systems!!!! nice mike!!! and rolins never seen anything like that before as well...

one lonely TG16 item for me... a manual for Chew Man Fu from DreamTR :D tankya
also...
PS2... Samurai Western
Gameboy... Double Dragon

Tatsujin

yeah..rolins, got two of them as well (original & famicom style) :)

/hauls20080713re1.jpg

as well i own the original, which is almost unpayable nowadays^^

those shooting watches rule the world of very simple gaming!! 8)

unfortunately the yujin remake is a little bit cheap made and doesn't reach the precision of the original :(

Tatsujin

Quote from: MissaFX on 08/14/2008, 07:43 PMI assumed when you first called it a shooting watch, the idea was to "shoot" other people's shooting watches with your own.  still a pretty cool little thing.
you have to push the trigger (button) as mich time you can within 10 seconds. started right after the first hit.

takahashi meijin got famous for his 16 hits/sec. record back in times. here he's reaching only 13/sec. few years back in an interview.
here he tries it with a water melon^^
here is his 16 shot blog: http://www.16shot.jp/blog/ :)

and for those who don't know, he's also the main character of the adventure island games from hudson^^

rolins

Quote from: Tatsujin on 08/15/2008, 02:50 AMas well i own the original, which is almost unpayable nowadays^^

those shooting watches rule the world of very simple gaming!! 8)

unfortunately the yujin remake is a little bit cheap made and doesn't reach the precision of the original :(
I know they're cheap, but they're gimmicky remakes with very cool labels. I can't resist them.

Tatsujin

yeah..i love 'em too, especially the original and famicon designed ones, just way too cute :)

Tatsujin

doday was a big day :)

hauls:

/hauls20080815ea6.jpg

finally could n-joy some light "colt" action:

/wild1ku1.jpg
/wild2sg2.jpg

here a vid of the NTSC-J Wild Gunman =)
:lol:

NecroPhile

Quote from: Tatsujin on 08/15/2008, 10:00 AMdoday was a big day :)
Double the Timeball for double the shit!  I hope the paid you to take those stinkers.

Tatsujin

those are for spare parts use, since the sleeve and acryl-case is like new :)

rolins

Nice roscoe, Tatsujin. I need to get me one those.

Joe Redifer

Splatterhouse 3 - 3 times the splatter, 3 times the house - it totally PWNZ J00!

Keranu

Quote from: rolins on 08/14/2008, 07:30 PMI can't believe I totally forgot about these, the Capsule Shooting Watch by Yujin. I got these several months ago on ebay, iirc just under $5 each. They're inspired by the original Hudson shooting watch made famous by Takahashi Meijin. It can tells time and measures how fast you can press a button in 10 seconds. My record is 115 in 10 seconds with a single button, no where close to Takahashi. There's 5 watches in all with designs from Adventure Island, Bomberman, and famicom. I have the other two, the original Hudson design and Star Soldier. Now if I can just find the bomberman I'll be satisfied.

/egg1aq6.jpg
/egg5nh6.jpg
I've never seen that watch version before, that's cool! I really want to get one of those pad shaped ones. Button tapping (with other people especially) is surprisingly addicting. I can tap 10 times per second in Star Soldier R.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

bust3dstr8

Got another Bomberman game for the girlfriend.

home .comcast .net/~fawst/neobomb.jpg
Clowns Suck
IMG IMG

guyjin

Quote from: bust3dstr8 on 08/16/2008, 10:02 AMGot another Bomberman game for the girlfriend.
/neobomb.jpg
Sweet! :)

But I didn't realize that MVS stuff came with boxes like that - I figured they just came in plain brown cardboard with some black printing or something. (or is that an MVS cart mismatched with an AES case?)

TR0N

Quote from: guyjin on 08/16/2008, 04:11 PM
Quote from: bust3dstr8 on 08/16/2008, 10:02 AMGot another Bomberman game for the girlfriend.
/neobomb.jpg
Sweet! :)

But I didn't realize that MVS stuff came with boxes like that - I figured they just came in plain brown cardboard with some black printing or something. (or is that an MVS cart mismatched with an AES case?)
What busted shows is a shockbox for the mvs cart, a member at neo-geo.com makes those for anyone that wants that a case for it.

Some of the mvs carts i have used them.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

guyjin

Quote from: TR0N on 08/16/2008, 11:34 PMWhat busted shows is a shockbox for the mvs cart, a member at neo-geo.com makes those for anyone that wants that a case for it.

Some of the mvs carts i have used them.
Cool. Nice to hear that not everyone at N-G.com is a jackass.

Sensei

I got a copy of Goonies for the Famicom for my wife.  She used to play it on her older brothers Famicom when she was just a kid.  She is really not a gamer but she likes some of the classics.  (and the Wii)

Turbo D

Nice, I used to love playing the goonies game. I had the US version though, which is like part two or something? lolz!
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

jboypacman

Found a copy of MappyLand on Friday for my NES nothing exciting but i have been wanting to play this game for a short while.

Its actually quite fun and plays very much like the Mappy arcade game so i think i did good on this one. :D

Tatsujin

cool..so will buy that as well. holded it in my hands yesterday :)

TR0N

Quote from: turbo D on 08/17/2008, 05:10 AMNice, I used to love playing the goonies game. I had the US version though, which is like part two or something? lolz!
I think sensei is talking about the frist goonies game.

While it did show up here in the arcades on nintendo vs system,it never got a domestic release for the nes.

Even though it did show up on the famicom.

Pretty much the nes just got the goonies 2 instead for the u.s  :twisted:

Btw a video of the frist goonies game.
IMG

TR0N

IMG

/pcelot1.png

BTW the music for lagrange point is really good for a famicom game.

Thanks to it's VRC7 chip  :dance:
IMG

Lochlan

Quote from: guyjin on 08/17/2008, 12:39 AMCool. Nice to hear that not everyone at N-G.com is a jackass.
Everyone at neo-geo.com is a jackass -- but that's the source of most of the magic.

(Shockboxes are awesome, but also a poor-man's home cart :wink:)
Quote from: ridgewood_general_store_1 on 08/15/2014, 11:12 AMI'm not sorry about this, as I'm not sorry about ANY attack by the goverrats.

Ceti Alpha

A pack of double AA batteries for my camera so I can start taking pics of my collection and gets.  :mrgreen:

IMG
IMG

MrFulci

Shockboxes are pretty nice. Nearly all the MVS I own are inside a shockbox, with art. Not quite what I would call a "poor man's homecart", especially sonsidernig what the boxes cost, with art, shipped. You add about another $10 to the price of a cart by having a shock box!

I place mine in shockboxes to keep them clean and safe, I think it looks better than a stack of MVS carts, and it also makes it easier to locate games, especialy those jap carts!
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

guyjin

Quote from: ceti alpha on 08/22/2008, 08:22 AMA pack of double AA batteries for my camera so I can start taking pics of my collection and gets.  :mrgreen:

IMG
shoulda got rechargables. then you won't have to go to the store to get more  :)

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: guyjin on 08/22/2008, 09:10 AM
Quote from: ceti alpha on 08/22/2008, 08:22 AMA pack of double AA batteries for my camera so I can start taking pics of my collection and gets.  :mrgreen:

IMG
shoulda got rechargables. then you won't have to go to the store to get more  :)
Tell me about it. I bought rechargeables with my camera and managed to lose them within days.  ](*,) ](*,)  #-o #-o I might just bite the bullet and get some more. My camera just eats through batteries like a drunk Nova Scotian chomps through a donair on a Saturday night.
IMG

Lochlan

Quote from: MrFulci on 08/22/2008, 08:23 AMNot quite what I would call a "poor man's homecart", especially sonsidernig what the boxes cost, with art, shipped.
LOL

I have several home carts worth around the $200 mark.  There are plenty more that go up from there, with the most expensive carts being around $1000 (except for a couple really spendy exceptions like Metal Slug 1).

So, yeah: poor man's homecart :mrgreen:
Quote from: ridgewood_general_store_1 on 08/15/2014, 11:12 AMI'm not sorry about this, as I'm not sorry about ANY attack by the goverrats.

ooPo

Today, a bit of luck landed me my first NeoGeo AES:

IMG

Also included were Samurai Spirits, Fatal Fury Special and King of Fighters '99.

I already had a NeoGeo CD system, but its nice to not have the loading time between matches. Using an actual arcade stick is a nice touch too.

TR0N

Quote from: ooPo on 08/22/2008, 10:54 PMToday, a bit of luck landed me my first NeoGeo AES:

IMG

Also included were Samurai Spirits, Fatal Fury Special and King of Fighters '99.

I already had a NeoGeo CD system, but its nice to not have the loading time between matches. Using an actual arcade stick is a nice touch too.
Congrats man i hope you know what your getting into.

Given the price for aes carts in general though i'm a mvs owner,since it's dirt cheap compare to aes.
IMG

ooPo

I know enough to know I have no plans to collect a complete set of AES carts, I'm nowhere near that wealthy. :)

But, I'll probably pick up some of the cheaper carts just to have a bit of variety. This was a system I wanted to have back in the day and when I saw one available for local pickup (no shipping, wahoo!) I couldn't pass it up.