RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Introducing myself and Turbo Views......

Started by ChrisBucci, 01/05/2009, 02:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

c0ldb33r

Good idea - it'd be neat if they were stuck on the DVD disc as PDFs :)

Great video!

Quote from: SMF on 11/02/2011, 06:31 PM1 of the all time greatest imports EVER. Makes me wanna go home and play my copy of Dracula X TONIGHT. Infact I WILL.

Thanks Chris. Hey any chance when your next issue of Turbo Views Vol 3 comes out we can see yu toss in the original review you did and your Mag you made for it? AWESOMENESS My friend.
Member of the F@ck EBAY Club

ChrisBucci

Thanks guys...I REALLY appreciate it.

Well, I have to be honest, the stuff I did back then was pretty bad.  So, I don't think I can stomach providing it.  Ha ha.  :)

Mathius

Oh man great review! Looking forward to your "memory commentary" on the upcoming DVD. :wink:

munchiaz

as always another great review. castlevania is my fav video game series. I have played the rondo on my psp. i will someday have it for pc engine.

SMF

Quote from: Mathius on 10/28/2011, 12:18 PM
Quote from: machomadness on 10/28/2011, 03:04 AMI know I said in private already on YouTube, but I really want to thank you for these reviews. It's not often that I buy homebrew DVD's(in fact the last ones were the Retroware Seasons 1 and 2), but I HAD to buy yours as they were jam packed and looked professionally done. BTW, I have a Blu-Ray burner. If you need someone to burn Blu-Rays for you, if you could make the disc images, I could burn them no problem. I don't know how to make custom menus or I'd master them myself for you. You could probably get around $30 for the Blu-Ray sets(discs go for about $2 a disc now), so it's something to think about.

If you want to master them yourself, here's the machine I use:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827162006&nm_mc=OTC-Froogle&cm_mmc=OTC-Froogle-_-CD/DVD+ROM/RW+Drives+-+External-_-Buffalo+Technology-_-27162006

Anyways, keep up the great reviews and you DEFINITELY have a customer for LIFE!
I think Bucci is more concerned with showing his love for the Turbo than making any sort of profit, or building a customer base. But, as a pure fan of the Turbo I am sure he would gladly admit you into his ranks. :)
I own a Blu-Ray player and I still would buy normal Turbo View DVDs. Blu-Ray is nice but I can't see paying the same movie over and over and over again. So if Chris does do Blu-Ray I hope he still releases plain o boring DVD.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

rag-time4

Quote from: spida1a on 11/02/2011, 09:22 PMThanks guys...I REALLY appreciate it.

Well, I have to be honest, the stuff I did back then was pretty bad.  So, I don't think I can stomach providing it.  Ha ha.  :)
Hopefully you'll listen to your viewers clamoring for that old vid and share it! Just so you know, my wife loves the Angry Video Game Nerd's old vids that he shared.

ChrisBucci

Ha ha.  Well.....if I can make a "wife" happy....I guess I better consider it rag-time4.   Perhaps look for it this weekend. 

Although, I wouldn't mind appealing to some "single" girls once in a while.  :)

rag-time4

Quote from: spida1a on 11/05/2011, 10:03 AMHa ha.  Well.....if I can make a "wife" happy....I guess I better consider it rag-time4.   Perhaps look for it this weekend. 

Although, I wouldn't mind appealing to some "single" girls once in a while.  :)
Well, women in general seem to have a fetish for absolutely humiliating their men by showing kid pics and old vids!

Who knows, maybe teh Dracula X-cellent Master will get you some points with the ladies! Ive seen several comments to the effect that it might make a great bonus feature on the next turbo views DVD, which i think makes sense.

machomadness

BTW, I got in my order of Turbo Views Volumes 1 and 2. They are JAM PACKED with bonus stuff and the Totally Turbo Tips really help. It was $28 for both, shipping included. WELL worth the price of admission. If you love the series and haven't gotten the DVD's....then you should get them.....like now....seriously.....I'll wait.....
IMG

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

munchiaz

TR0N

Spida1a RETRO:The Dracula X-cellent Master"(94 home-video project)
IMG

sirhcman

Quote from: TR0N on 11/27/2011, 06:23 AMSpida1a RETRO:The Dracula X-cellent Master"(94 home-video project)
Very cool to see! :)

munchiaz

really awesome to watch that X-cellent video. Great job.

rag-time4

Quote from: TR0N on 11/27/2011, 06:23 AMSpida1a RETRO:The Dracula X-cellent Master"(94 home-video project)
Teh Drac X master is way more ambitious and productive than anything i was doing at that age. Really impressive stuff here; thanks for sharing it Chris!

esteban

Dracula X (1994 video): Wow, this early endeavor is the genetic blueprint for the current videos Chris makes. Crazy! Plus, the posters for Police Academy (Moscow? Moscow? What?) and the horrible movie with Chevy Chase are hilarious.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Mathius

Quote from: esteban on 11/30/2011, 01:54 AMDracula X (1994 video): Wow, this early endeavor is the genetic blueprint for the current videos Chris makes. Crazy! Plus, the posters for Police Academy (Moscow? Moscow? What?) and the horrible movie with Chevy Chase are hilarious.
Estaban speaks teh 100% truth.

SMF

WOW Chris just WOW, (in a great awesome way) I don't think ANY of us would have had the patience to do that for our friends. Even If we wanted to I forone didn't have the means to do anything like that. Watching this MASTER TAPE and then watching Turbo Views just shows me that you was always and still are a DIE HARD Turbo Fan. Thanks for sharing your awesome reviews and walk thru's.

ChrisBucci

Ha ha.  Well....thanks guys.  I cringed at the thought of showing it (obviously I edited down my  host segments a bit....hence the "flip" transition I obviously didn't have back-then).  But, I'm glad you enjoyed it.  I did a Super Mario World tape like this once and a few others.....mostly for fun.  I always liked creating stuff....artistic ADD.  Ha ha.  :)

Mathius

Quote from: spida1a on 12/01/2011, 09:57 PMHa ha.  Well....thanks guys.  I cringed at the thought of showing it (obviously I edited down my  host segments a bit....hence the "flip" transition I obviously didn't have back-then).  But, I'm glad you enjoyed it.  I did a Super Mario World tape like this once and a few others.....mostly for fun.  I always liked creating stuff....artistic ADD.  Ha ha.  :)
Well thank God for artistic ADD! :lol:

esteban

Indeed, it takes true grit to post a video from back-in-the-day. I think it was courageous to put the video out for us to see ;)

Now, I didn't actually watch the entire video: I simply watched your hosting segments! Don't let that prevent you from posting the Super Mario video, though.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

TR0N

Valis II
Looking at it now man cheesey voice acting still when this game came out,i was realy into japanese animation by that point and the game sold me on the turbo-cd.
IMG

Damon Plus

I love these reviews. They are the perfect lenght, well explained and touch every aspect of the games. I could watch them all day.

SMF

Another great review Chris, Maybe if Hudson or TTI  had you doing the commercials we would still be playing Turbo systems and games.

munchiaz

great review of valis 2. For something along the same lines you guys should check out dans review of syd valis.

https://www.youtube.com/user/DansGameCorner#p/u/0/orYKMWA9uQ0

emu002

I have been enjoying watching your reviews, they give me a good idea of what games to put on my wish list

Windy

Spida should be announcing football games on sundays for ESPN! The man with the golden voice :)
Proud Member of the F@CK Ebay Club
MONSTER HUNTER TRI FC: W272XV

Retrocool

Just another great Review per usual Spida....
It is what it is and it will be what it will be!

Looking for some games, but I will prolly never find.  Sapphire, Magical Chase (US)

TR0N

IMG

SMF

Awesome Video to watch, Chris is a master at what he does. Enjoyed the walk thru the most at the end lol.

munchiaz

^awesome review. i skipped over the spoilers at the end

JoshTurboTrollX

Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

NecroPhile

Nicely done on the micro machine walk through.  :lol:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Duo_R

Love the reviews, A Christmas day surprise?
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

allyourblood

I got these from my wife under the tree:

IMG

Just popped in the first one a few minutes ago for a quick peek. Absolutely top-shelf stuff here, Chris. If you're reading, thank you so much for creating these. My wife thanks you as well. She normally doesn't like ordering online for gifts, so my hopes were set really low, and I didn't think I was going to get them. But I think she knew how much I wanted them, so she decided to take a chance. She said Chris got in touch with her right away to make sure he sent to the correct address; she wanted them sent to her parents' house because she thought I might recognize the name on the package if it came here (she was right!). Chris took care of everything and got them out fast.

Thanks, Chris. Keep up the great work!
If anyone gets any leads on a "fair priced" copy of Coryoon, please lemme know!

Where is fancy bred?

roflmao

Chris is an upstanding guy.  And his Turbo Views are done very well.  I've watched my set more than I should admit. :oops:

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 12/25/2011, 11:34 PMChris is an upstanding guy.  And his Turbo Views are done very well.  I've watched my set more than I should admit. :oops:
Same :oops:

Alt-Nintega

Spida!!!! you are a legend!!! thank you for your reviews!!!

Shrapnoid

I agree. No one does unbiased reviews as well as Chris. I have two copies of Turbo Views vol. 1 (One to watch and one sealed).

Didn't know he was a member here until I saw this revived thread. 

SMF

Quote from: Shrapnoid on 02/05/2012, 02:00 PMI agree. No one does unbiased reviews as well as Chris. I have two copies of Turbo Views vol. 1 (One to watch and one sealed).

Didn't know he was a member here until I saw this revived thread.   
Have to ask, Why did you buy 2 of Vol. 1 just to keep it sealed? Should have bought Vol. 2 with the Vol. 1 money.

Shrapnoid

No. What happened was back before Vol. 2 was released, I placed an order for Vol. 1. After I had watched it and contacted him to tell him how great it was, he told me that he had forgotten that he sent it to me and had shipped another one so, I said "Really? Do you want me to send it back?" and Chris, being the cool dude that he is just tells me to keep it and "...so, Merry Christmas" or something like that.

How's that for generosity? He's just an all around good guy. Cheers, Chris! You're the best, man! I put you right up there with Garner!

Alt-Nintega

^ +1

people like Chris make collecting and learning a very fun experience!!!

TR0N

Cadash
Ahh a game i realy enjoyed in the arcades and i think the TG16 version is one of the best ports still.
IMG

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: TR0N on 02/15/2012, 02:27 AMCadash
Ahh a game i realy enjoyed in the arcades and i think the TG16 version is one of the best ports still.
Yep, this is one of those games that I played the crap out of 20 years ago and still is fun to play today.
--DragonmasterDan

Shrapnoid

Yeah. It may not look identical to the arcade version but, there some points in the TG16 version where they enhanced the graphics over the arcade version and kept the 4 player capability, while the Genesis version just allowed up to two players and an over all choice of only 2 characters.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Shrapnoid on 02/15/2012, 11:13 AMYeah. It may not look identical to the arcade version but, there some points in the TG16 version where they enhanced the graphics over the arcade version and kept the 4 player capability, while the Genesis version just allowed up to two players and an over all choice of only 2 characters.
You mean four characters in the Turbob, as it's a two player game like on the Genny. 

Shrapnoid

Quote from: guest on 02/15/2012, 11:21 AM
Quote from: Shrapnoid on 02/15/2012, 11:13 AMYeah. It may not look identical to the arcade version but, there some points in the TG16 version where they enhanced the graphics over the arcade version and kept the 4 player capability, while the Genesis version just allowed up to two players and an over all choice of only 2 characters.
You mean four characters in the Turbob, as it's a two player game like on the Genny. 
I thought I said that. What do you mean exactly? Are you sure? Doesn't the TG16 version say on the box somewhere that up to 4 people can play together?

NecroPhile

Quote from: Shrapnoid on 02/15/2012, 12:01 PMI thought I said that. What do you mean exactly?
I mean that all four characters are present in the Turbob versions, but it's only two players simultaneous.

Quote from: Shrapnoid on 02/15/2012, 12:01 PMAre you sure?
100% sure and 85% new.

Quote from: Shrapnoid on 02/15/2012, 12:01 PMDoesn't the TG16 version say on the box somewhere that up to 4 people can play together?
Nope - it says "Number of Players: 1 or 2 - One TurboTap and additional TurboPads required for multi-player use."

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 02/15/2012, 12:15 PM100% sure and 85% new.
What about 90% Gold Silver VG Quality platinum?
--DragonmasterDan

Shrapnoid

Quote from: guest on 02/15/2012, 12:15 PM
Quote from: Shrapnoid on 02/15/2012, 12:01 PMI thought I said that. What do you mean exactly?
I mean that all four characters are present in the Turbob versions, but it's only two players simultaneous.

Quote from: Shrapnoid on 02/15/2012, 12:01 PMAre you sure?
100% sure and 85% new.

Quote from: Shrapnoid on 02/15/2012, 12:01 PMDoesn't the TG16 version say on the box somewhere that up to 4 people can play together?
Nope - it says "Number of Players: 1 or 2 - One TurboTap and additional TurboPads required for multi-player use."
Oooops! My bad.