OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Pcenginefx eBay Auctions - Magical Chase/Raiden/Ghost Manor (ended)

Started by PCEngineFX, 06/14/2009, 12:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCEngineFX

The first round of eBay auctions has ended.  Congratulations to the winner of Magical Chase and Raiden/Ghost Manor.  For the record, auctions ended with the following results:

Magical Chase: $2901.01 (16 Bids, 92 watchers)
Ended: Jul-04-09 17:00:00 PDT
Sold to winner in Virginia, USA

Raiden & Ghost Manor: $138.50 (20 bids) / $26.00 (27 bids)
Ended: Jul-04-09 17:15:00 PDT & 17:30:00 PDT
Both sold to winner in Italy.
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG

Sparky

sweet jebus Aaron!!! that is some dough on magical and even raiden did well!!!!... hope payments are coming your way soon on them... just wow again on Magical auction, no need to ask if your pleased on the out come.... buy yourself something big!!!  8)

esteban

Quote from: guest on 07/05/2009, 09:46 AMsweet jebus Aaron!!! that is some dough on magical and even raiden did well!!!!... hope payments are coming your way soon on them... just wow again on Magical auction, no need to ask if your pleased on the out come.... buy yourself something big!!!  8)
I honestly can't believe the $$$ on Magical Chase. Insane.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

PCEngineFX

I really didn't know just how high Magical would go - I was hoping at least maybe 2K so I am fortunate that it ended even higher than that.  I was also fortunate that I didn't have many (if at all) joke bidders which I appreciate.
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG

Ceti Alpha

IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Press_Run

Hey pcenginefx

Is it possible to send offers on items you haven't put for auction yet?

(Can't believe I didn't come up with this sooner.  ](*,))

Sinistron

Quote from: Press_Run on 07/06/2009, 02:11 AMIs it possible to send offers on items you haven't put for auction yet?
So basically you want to cheat others out of a chance of bidding eh?
IMG
Quote from: Tatsujin- ATM it's just amateurish boytoy shizzle.
- they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real.

Press_Run

Quote from: Sinistron on 07/06/2009, 12:43 PM
Quote from: Press_Run on 07/06/2009, 02:11 AMIs it possible to send offers on items you haven't put for auction yet?
No, was thinking instead waiting three days and go through a bidding war, everyone could put in their offers for the items they want and pcenginefx sells off a ton of games in one swoop.

Ultra Luigi

I had the auction bookmarked just to see what it would end at. At first I was skeptical on whether it was legit but then I noticed it was Aaron selling it. Congrats on getting more than you wanted.

nectarsis

Quote from: Press_Run on 07/06/2009, 06:26 PM
Quote from: Sinistron on 07/06/2009, 12:43 PM
No, was thinking instead waiting three days and go through a bidding war, everyone could put in their offers for the items they want and pcenginefx sells off a ton of games in one swoop.
Only problem is then Aaron has a ridiculous amount of PM's  to go thru vs checking a thread.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

NecroPhile

Quote from: Press_Run on 07/06/2009, 06:26 PMNo, was thinking instead waiting three days and go through a bidding war, everyone could put in their offers for the items they want and pcenginefx sells off a ton of games in one swoop.
He's selling his collection for money, not for shiggles and gits.  The current auctions help maximize his take (how are bidding wars bad for the seller?) and maintain transparency, forestalling accusations of unfairness.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Press_Run

Quote from: guest on 07/07/2009, 10:59 AM
Quote from: Press_Run on 07/06/2009, 06:26 PMNo, was thinking instead waiting three days and go through a bidding war, everyone could put in their offers for the items they want and pcenginefx sells off a ton of games in one swoop.
He's selling his collection for money, not for shiggles and gits.  The current auctions help maximize his take (how are bidding wars bad for the seller?) and maintain transparency, forestalling accusations of unfairness.
And you doubt anyone here is going to give a good price for a slice of his collection?  Besides auctions only help get the high marks when its comes to ultra-rare games, which are up on Ebay already. If he wanted to make the most of his collection, then why isn't he putting them up as BINs w/BO or set reserve prices for his auctions. Not to say, he doesn't need the money but doubt he's someone who obsessively squeezing every penny he can get. So how is it any different taking up offers, whose threads are posted regularly on every vg site? Where you can review offers, potentially sell off games as lots, moving stuff faster and getting money quicker.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Press_Run on 07/07/2009, 12:03 PMAnd you doubt anyone here is going to give a good price for a slice of his collection?
I'll answer your question by repeating my previous question: how are bidding wars bad for the seller?  Are you trying to say that you wanted to avoid 'em in hopes of paying more money?  Don't make me laugh.

Quote from: Press_Run on 07/07/2009, 12:03 PMBesides auctions only help get the high marks when its comes to ultra-rare games, which are up on Ebay already.  If he wanted to make the most of his collection, then why isn't he putting them up as BINs w/BO or set reserve prices for his auctions. Not to say, he doesn't need the money but doubt he's someone who obsessively squeezing every penny he can get.
Starting at $1 with no reserve is the absolute fairest way to run an auction.  For truly desirable goods there's no need to set reserve prices, as they'll garner plenty of interest and will be bid to respectable amounts (a.k.a. - their true value).

Quote from: Press_Run on 07/07/2009, 12:03 PMSo how is it any different taking up offers, whose threads are posted regularly on every vg site? Where you can review offers, potentially sell off games as lots, moving stuff faster and getting money quicker.
If the only difference between what you propose and how he's currently running auctions is time, then why should he bother changing?  If he wants to sell stuff more quickly, posting multiple threads wouldn't be any greater headache than sifting through a pile of PMs.  What you seem to be asking for is a silent auction, which would be less transparent and undoubtedly lead to complaints of unfairness.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Sinistron

PR- the whole point of what Aaron's doing is to please both parties- himself and us.  Some of the higher sought items like MC are thrown to the lunatics on the bay which gives him a sizable chunk- while he's giving us here a fair shot at some others with pcfx-forum only auctions (Neutopia II, etc.)- and as NecroPhile says it's most fair to all parties involved if we can actually SEE what's going on.  That's how an AUCTION works.  What you're proposing leaves people hoping to get an item for a fair price zero shot at doing so- and creates confusion as no one knows what the high bid currently is.  You're saying it'd be best for Aaron but as I said- the auctions held HERE are for our benefit- not his.  If he wanted the highest price on every item then it would all go onto the Bay with reserve prices fixed.  He's doing the majority here a favor by offering PCFX forum members some games from his pristine collection starting at $1- he doesn't have to.   

Essentially- Aaron's trying to do something nice for the community here- and you want to ruin it.

If you say "well I mean only the items he plans on throwing on EBay"- I'm sure that Aaron hasn't fully made up his mind yet on what items are being sold there or here- why not just take a breather- relax- watch it all unfold like the rest of us- bid where appropriate and stop trying to call the pace.  Mmmkay?  :wink:
IMG
- they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real.

Press_Run

Why are you two butting in? Unless you're pcenginefx's 2nd and 3rd conjoined heads, I want to hear what HE thinks.

nectarsis

Quote from: Press_Run on 07/07/2009, 07:47 PMWhy are you two butting in? Unless you're pcenginefx's 2nd and 3rd conjoined heads, I want to hear what HE thinks.
Wow no one else can post their opinion on a forum eh?  [-( [-X

RoyVegas

Quote from: Press_Run on 07/07/2009, 07:47 PMWhy are you two butting in? Unless you're pcenginefx's 2nd and 3rd conjoined heads, I want to hear what HE thinks.
You have to look at it this way Press.  People here are touchy about games that are bought and sold, some of us have found out the hard way.  By offering the games the way that he has it keeps him clear of people getting super pissed at him.  It's a touchy balance and granted it is his website, if he pisses everyone off, they may not stick around.

I'm sure he will answer you though.
All is well. :)

nat

It's an open forum, opinions from everyone are welcome.

And far be it for me to presume to speak for Aaron, but I think these guys hit the nail on the head when they mentioned "transparency" and "fairness."

Press_Run

Quote from: nectarsis on 07/07/2009, 07:58 PM
Oh no. The problem is they're being too presumptuous in thinking they ARE Aaron's opinion. Guys, Aaron's a big boy. He can speak for himself. It was a simple suggestion, I would've backed off if Aaron said 'no'. Drop the drama and move on.

nectarsis

Quote from: Press_Run on 07/07/2009, 11:32 PM
Oh no. The problem is they're being too presumptuous in thinking they ARE Aaron's opinion. Guys, Aaron's a big boy. He can speak for himself. It was a simple suggestion, I would've backed off if Aaron said it wasn't okay with it. Drop the drama and move on.
NEVER saw them presume that was Aaron's opinion...their opinions based on educated GUESSES/common sense.

Press_Run

Quote from: nectarsis on 07/07/2009, 11:35 PM
Quote from: Press_Run on 07/07/2009, 11:32 PM
Oh no. The problem is they're being too presumptuous in thinking they ARE Aaron's opinion. Guys, Aaron's a big boy. He can speak for himself. It was a simple suggestion, I would've backed off if Aaron said it wasn't okay with it. Drop the drama and move on.
NEVER saw them presume that was Aaron's opinion...their opinions based on educated GUESSES/common sense.
Yeah, they did. Why would anyone TRY unless he/she didn't believe that person couldn't come to the same rational conclusion. Otherwise, they'd Aaron handle himself.

nectarsis

As their on more than Aaron they voiced their opinion.  You're on a forum, people voice their opinions (and as they've both been here long enough, and actually dealt with Aaron) they have a basis for their opinions.   I'm sure Aaron will answer directly when he can, but to expect everyone to not comment until he does, and only HE has the right to comment is ridiculous.  Seeing as a mod (nat) see's their opinions as valid also...why don't you jump on him to...

Press_Run

Quote from: nectarsis on 07/08/2009, 12:00 AMAs their on more than Aaron they voiced their opinion.  You're on a forum, people voice their opinions (and as they've both been here long enough, and actually dealt with Aaron) they have a basis for their opinions.   I'm sure Aaron will answer directly when he can, but to expect everyone to not comment until he does, and only HE has the right to comment is ridiculous.  Seeing as a mod (nat) see's their opinions as valid also...why don't you jump on him to...
Cause he didn't take the high-n'-mighty, self-righteous road and didn't make me feel like crap like Sinistron and Necromancer did. Seriously, I have no beef with you guys but when you get into a conversation and start calling people "cheaters". Nothing good can come of it. Like I said drop the drama and move on.

nectarsis

High and mighty/self righteous..and make you feel like crap.  You def need to get thicker skin then man. and your post above was a dick response.  You're on a PUBLIC forum, expect people to say what they want..wether it hurts your feelings or not.

Press_Run

And it's DICK responses like that makes me glad nat's a moderator and you're NOT.

nectarsis

Quote from: Press_Run on 07/08/2009, 12:26 AMAnd it's DICK responses like that makes me glad nat's a moderator and you're NOT.
Sorry you don't like it your alone in your little "battle" your waging.  Ignoring the fact you can talk shit, but others can't...I could care less if your happy nat's a mod, and I'm not.  There seems to be reasons why Aaron chose the way he's running his auctions, prob for the reasons already stated.  Just cause you want to make it a clusterfuck of PM's for him to deal with, and you seem alone thinking that's a good idea..and now want to lash out at those that disagree...like I said thicker skin.  You seem to be easily rilled.

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Press_Run

Quote from: nectarsis on 07/08/2009, 12:31 AM
Quote from: Press_Run on 07/08/2009, 12:26 AMAnd it's DICK responses like that makes me glad nat's a moderator and you're NOT.
Sorry you don't like it your alone in your little "battle" your waging.  Ignoring the fact you can talk shit, but others can't...I could care less if your happy nat's a mod, and I'm not.  There seems to be reasons why Aaron chose the way he's running his auctions, prob for the reasons already stated.  Just cause you want to make it a clusterfuck of PM's for him to deal with, and you seem alone thinking that's a good idea..and now want to lash out at those that disagree...like I said thicker skin.  You seem to be easily rilled.
Easily riled? LOL You're the one consistently making paragraph long replies to one line posts and have this obsession to keep this "battle" alive by having the last word. I've already made my peace with this, you're the one that needs to let this go.

nectarsis

Quote from: Press_Run on 07/08/2009, 12:43 AM
Quote from: nectarsis on 07/08/2009, 12:31 AM
Easily riled? LOL You're the one consistently making paragraph long replies to one line posts and have this obsession to keep this "battle" alive by having the last word. I've already made my peace with this, you're the one that needs to let this go.
Ironic as you to keep posting aka keeping it alive (and handing out insults)...short enough for ya this time?

Press_Run

Sinistron

PR made his peace with this- and yet he's been carrying on with this even after a moderator came on and had his say. 

Show me where I called you a cheater -- what I said was "So basically you want to cheat others out of a chance of bidding eh?"- that's not the same as calling you a cheater.  As of now you haven't been successful of cheating anyone out of anything.  You'd LIKE to be- in my opinion- but that just makes you a wannabe cheat.  If you get your way- and I don't think you will- then you'd have successfully found a way to circumvent the auction rules that Aaron already posted- in hope of it benefitting you over others here- and you'd be a full-fledged cheater. 

Other than that- why do you feel like "crap"?  If someone accused me of something that I knew wasn't true- I may think that person a shit heel- but surely there'd be no reason for me to feel low about myself- unless of course the person was right- and I felt a bit guilty.

Neither me nor NecroPhile ever came out pretending to be Aaron's mouthpiece- You don't what you're talking about.  We represent ourselves and what we feel is best and fairest for the community- we gave our reasonings as to such- for which you really didn't respond well to- what you did was attempt to stuff words in our mouths ("cheater" and us proclaiming ourselves Aaron's Opinion), cry about hurt feelings, carry on and on even after a mod chimed in, tried to say that our opinions didn't matter- I mean it's funny that you name yourself press_run because it really seems like we've pushed your button. 

And yeah- we're all glad that Nat's a mod- join the club pal.
IMG

nat

This thread is done unless Aaron has anything further to add.