The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
Main Menu

Random Pictures Thread

Started by Joe Redifer, 02/10/2010, 02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ceti Alpha

IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Joe Redifer

I never understood why pinball games had different names and themes, the gameplay is always identical, just different flashing lights and whatnot.  Yeah yeah, there is Devil's Crush, but that can't exist as a real pinball game.  It's a videogame based on pinball.

Opethian

IMG

TR0N

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 09/21/2010, 02:08 AMI never understood why pinball games had different names and themes, the gameplay is always identical, just different flashing lights and whatnot.  Yeah yeah, there is Devil's Crush, but that can't exist as a real pinball game.  It's a videogame based on pinball.
Well i wouldn't say that now mostly different layouts to the playfeild etc.Not to mention it's physics wich can be pretty random.Sure you can try to plan it out and think i'll get that ball to hit that ramp,but it doesn't all ways mean it will go there.
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: Opethian on 09/21/2010, 07:05 PM
Quote from: TR0N on 09/21/2010, 12:16 AMIMG
one of my fav tables
"HEY COMRADE, TAXI!"
Yeah i had to link that flyer "it cracks me up" these are the taxi drivers customers wtf !?  :lol:
IMG

Tatsujin

lol. i remember well roflmaoling about this pinball design back in the good ol' arcade times.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Joe Redifer

BTW, who is "Lola"?  She looks like a brunette Marilyn Monroe wannabe.

Tatsujin

<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

guyjin

can anyone read what the 3rd pin on the taxi driver's hat says?

NecroPhile

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 09/22/2010, 12:21 AMBTW, who is "Lola"?  She looks like a brunette Marilyn Monroe wannabe.
Apparently, it started out as a blond Marilyn but was changed for legal reasons; from the pinball database:

QuoteWe asked Roger Sharpe about the reason for this change. He replies:

Suffice it to say that we did have some limited run of machines featuring a 'blonde Marilyn' — and I don't know if these were for international only. However, we were informed that there were rights that needed to be secured in order to use Marilyn and the decision was made to just alter the artwork so that the female character was renamed 'Lola' for the main production run. If memory serves, and I can't say with certainty—there might be games that were manufactured with a brunette Lola and then a redheaded Lola.

The first games in production were made with a blonde 'Marilyn' taxi passenger, a likeness of Marilyn Monroe. This was changed during production to be a darker-haired 'Lola', ostensibly a likeness of no one famous.

We asked Roger Sharpe about the reason for this change. He replies:

Suffice it to say that we did have some limited run of machines featuring a 'blonde Marilyn' — and I don't know if these were for international only. However, we were informed that there were rights that needed to be secured in order to use Marilyn and the decision was made to just alter the artwork so that the female character was renamed 'Lola' for the main production run. If memory serves, and I can't say with certainty—there might be games that were manufactured with a brunette Lola and then a redheaded Lola.

The changes needed to introduce 'Lola' include backglass art, playfield art, game software, and instruction card.

According to Mark Ritchie, as explained in the book The Pinball Compendium 1982 to Present, at least 200 sample games were in the process of being shipped with 'Marilyn' before the change had to be made. He also explained the name 'Lola' was taken from a 1970s song about a transvestite, chosen to befit her muscular arms as depicted on the backglass.
So I guess she's a tranny.

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Tatsujin

IMG

He's an entire euro away from being 1337.,. HAHAHA

Joe Redifer

Tatsujin

JoshTurboTrollX

Is that Beyond Shadowgate being played on the computer monitor?

IMG
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

NecroPhile

Looks like the standard Windows Stonehenge wallpaper to me.

JoshTurboTrollX

Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Vecanti

So we were a nature walk and the guide sees some animal poop.  She brings us over and pulls out this bandanna. 

IMG

It was pretty funny.

You can buy them here:
https://www.acornnaturalists.com/products/tracking-resources/track-scat-scarves/yellow-scat-scarf-acorn-naturalists-identification-bandana.html

JoshTurboTrollX

Vecanti

Tatsujin

Vecanti

Quote from: anRPGlegend on 10/01/2010, 10:51 PMKao-knocks-out-Mo.jpg
I don't think I like where that blue glove is headed.

Tatsujin

Ceti Alpha

IMG

Opethian

IMG
yea that just happened!
IMG

Joe Redifer

LOL that just HAS to be from an Indian movie.  They do crazy shit like that all of the time.

Tatsujin

It is.
Also watch all the related.

Tatsujin

Vecanti

hoobs88

I looked at that photo real quick and thought it was a "Game Genie" vacuum.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

blueraven

Joe Redifer

Definitely.  No code is going to be getting past the cleaner.  And the PBC won't work on a 32X.  Don't they know anything?  Even if it all could work, I'd be surprised if that shit powered up at all given how dirty it is.

BlueBMW

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 10/09/2010, 04:06 PMDefinitely.  No code is going to be getting past the cleaner.  And the PBC won't work on a 32X.  Don't they know anything?  Even if it all could work, I'd be surprised if that shit powered up at all given how dirty it is.
The real reason why it wont work.... its missing the proper spacer for using the 32X on that genny 2!  And I'll bet the little rf shield clips are missing!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Tatsujin

JoshTurboTrollX

sick of these?  or keep 'em coming?

/alligatorh.jpg
/hendrixx.jpg

datan.org/files/wallpaper/last%20supper/konami_code.png

IMG

blueraven

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 10/14/2010, 12:25 PMsick of these?  or keep 'em coming?
/hendrixx.jpg
HAHHAHAHHAHAHAH  :lol:

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 10/14/2010, 12:25 PMIMG
Ok, now your getting funny. :lol:

JoshTurboTrollX

NecroPhile

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: guest on 10/14/2010, 04:42 PM
Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 10/14/2010, 04:18 PMWhat is this?
One of the 3DS mockups.
Really. Looks like a smartphone with a slide out gamepad instead of a keyboard.
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: ceti alpha on 10/15/2010, 09:32 AMReally. Looks like a smartphone with a slide out gamepad instead of a keyboard.
The idea was widescreen for the new 3D games and portrait mode for backwards compatibility.  Just imagine trying to play something on that thing.... how in the hell do you hold onto it?

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: guest on 10/15/2010, 09:54 AM
Quote from: ceti alpha on 10/15/2010, 09:32 AMReally. Looks like a smartphone with a slide out gamepad instead of a keyboard.
The idea was widescreen for the new 3D games and portrait mode for backwards compatibility.  Just imagine trying to play something on that thing.... how in the hell do you hold onto it?
That must be a beta or something. I just found this on Youtube:
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: ceti alpha on 10/15/2010, 05:51 PMThat must be a beta or something.
It was just a mockup.  Other pics were pretty obvious fakes - more of the books at the top of the pic could be seen, and some of 'em were merged into each other.

Quote from: ceti alpha on 10/15/2010, 05:51 PMI just found this on Youtube:
I see a pair that look pretty damn good in 3D.

Ceti Alpha

IMG

_Paul

blueraven

And now for something completely different.

meatloaf.jpg

Tatsujin

ineed, it is something completely different.

Starfighter

BlueBMW

[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

blueraven