RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Fake Turbo Ads (originally posted 6.20.1999)

Started by PCEngineFX, 05/10/2010, 12:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCEngineFX

IMG

Let's pretend for a bit, shall we? Pretend that NEC was still in the hardware race with the TurboGrafx line of systems in America...what would their ad campaign look like? Well, we have concocted some ads that look good enough for NEC to use!

Make Yours Turbo Ad Campaign - "Turbo Colors"
Obviously inspired by the iMac "Yum" ad, if NEC were hip on the hardware, they would probably bring out different colored TurboGrafx-16 systems. If they did, it would look *something* like what this ad depicts...on the flip side, Apple would probably sue due to ad/copyright infringement. Yuck!

IMG

Make Yours Turbo Ad Campaign - "Follow The Leader"
Yes.....follow the leader. What better way can you say that your crushing the competition? On a side note, you will notice that there is a Japanese HuCard in this ad. I didn't realize this till it was too late :)

IMG

Make Yours Turbo Ad Campaign - "Any closer and you might go blind"
I personally like this one because of the little blurb about "who needs those overpowered, polygon-pushing systems?" Check it out...it's the TurboDuo ready to kick those 32 and 64-bit systems out into the gutter!

IMG
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG

NecroPhile

You've posted the second advert again in place of the third one.  "You Might Go Blind" is the best of the bunch; the old mechanical typewriter font really jibes well with the idea of newer not necessarily being better, and you gotta love the 'drop the ten button controller' line.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

PCEngineFX

Fixed the post.  Yah, I love the last advert as well.
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG