@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Anyone played Dragon Slayer? I have a few questions

Started by ReyVGM, 09/19/2004, 02:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReyVGM

Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:02 pm    Post subject: Anyone played Dragon Slayer? I have a few questions    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was wondering if any of you could remember the name of the world in that game.
The last boss in the ending talks and says: "I cast the jewels of doom to the far corners of isunasa" or something. I assume that 'isunasa' is the name of the world in that game, but... is that the correct spelling?

Can anyone remember?

Also, when you kill the last boss, he says: "Mankind has always been the poison... xxxxx man that destroys nature. As he multiplies in number. I, on the other hand, am the antidote. "

Anyone know what he says in the part marked with xxxx ?
Actually, the part about 'Mankind has always been the poison' is only heard if you put the CD on a CDplayer because I never heard that part being spoken in the ending.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.
PC Engine endings at the:
IMG
-=http://www.vgmuseum.com=-

dpaint4

Hmmm... I own the Japanese version, and the dialog you mention seems to be pretty much adlib; I don't believe that's in the original, unless I just missed something.

ReyVGM

Ok, but do you know the name of the world in the game? What's it called?
IMG

dpaint4

Okay, if you have Japanese fonts enabled in Windows, or are using Linux or Mac OSX+ then the name is, "イセルハーサ".  The phonetic translation of that is "ee-se-ru-ha--sa".  The name is in Katakana, which denotes that it is a reference to a non-Japanese name or word, but phonetically speaking, I don't know what "ee-se-ru-ha--sa" could be.  

Incidentally, the proper Romaji spelling is Iseruhasa, with emphasis on the "ha".

Hope this helps, but I doubt it does.

dpaint4

Maybe it's trying to say, "Isselhaas" or something like that.

Islehasa, Isselhaas, Iselhaas... something like that would be a good inferrence from the Katakana.

ReyVGM

Hmm well ok, thanks for the help :)

If anyone that played the english version can help, it would be most welcomed.
Sadly my english listening is not that good or I would have figured it out by myself.
IMG

Ichibanrei

The name of the world is Isrenasa on the US version.  The narrator mentions it in the begining.   Man the voice overs on that game were horrible, but I loved it.

ReyVGM

IMG

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: "Ichibanrei"The name of the world is Isrenasa on the US version.  The narrator mentions it in the begining.   Man the voice overs on that game were horrible, but I loved it.

The voice acting in that game is so terrible I actually made clips for a fairly large game site staff board when we were having a discussion regarding "Worst Voice Acting Ever in a legitimate console release" needless to say Dragon Slayer won hands down.
--DragonmasterDan

Pingu

I like it that the series is still alive and kicking even if it only is for jp windows.

The voice acting just made me double over with laughter when I heard it the first time, it doesn't really feel like it was amateurs that did it as many of the voices seems to lack emotions. Wouldn't suprise me at all if it was the programers, the receptionist and perhaps the janitor that did the dub.

CrackTiger

Quote from: "ReyVGM"Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:02 pm    Post subject: Anyone played Dragon Slayer? I have a few questions    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was wondering if any of you could remember the name of the world in that game.
The last boss in the ending talks and says: "I cast the jewels of doom to the far corners of isunasa" or something. I assume that 'isunasa' is the name of the world in that game, but... is that the correct spelling?

Can anyone remember?

Also, when you kill the last boss, he says: "Mankind has always been the poison... xxxxx man that destroys nature. As he multiplies in number. I, on the other hand, am the antidote. "

Anyone know what he says in the part marked with xxxx ?
Actually, the part about 'Mankind has always been the poison' is only heard if you put the CD on a CDplayer because I never heard that part being spoken in the ending.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

Just toss the game into a CD player and listen to the track for the cinema you're describing.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

ReyVGM

WOW! That's genious! Why didn't I think of that first!!

Listening to the track was not the problem.
The problem was that the pronunciation was not clear enough to know what it/he was saying.

:/
IMG

Keranu

Just to follow up on the voice acting...

I think the voice acting is pretty bad, but not quite as bad as Final Zone II, which I think might be the worst (Last Alert's was bad too, but not as bad as everyone claims. It just had some really cheesy dialog). I think Logan's voice actor is pretty good himself, but the thing is that it easily sounds like a 30-year old man and Logan is NOT a 30-year old man :D ! Also that green haired chick had a really bad voice actor.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: "Keranu"Just to follow up on the voice acting...

I think the voice acting is pretty bad, but not quite as bad as Final Zone II, which I think might be the worst (Last Alert's was bad too, but not as bad as everyone claims. It just had some really cheesy dialog). I think Logan's voice actor is pretty good himself, but the thing is that it easily sounds like a 30-year old man and Logan is NOT a 30-year old man :D ! Also that green haired chick had a really bad voice actor.

For god sakes there are lines like "A fine Marnin to you Ma Lard" being done with incredibly fake accents. The dub is just horrendous the only game I can think of that's comparably bad on any platform (Last Alert included) is Castle Shikigami 2 for PS2.
--DragonmasterDan

Keranu

It is very bad indeed, but I still don't think it's quite the worst  :lol: .
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

CrackTiger

Quote from: "DragonmasterDan"
Quote from: "Keranu"Just to follow up on the voice acting...

For god sakes there are lines like "A fine Marnin to you Ma Lard" being done with incredibly fake accents. The dub is just horrendous the only game I can think of that's comparably bad on any platform (Last Alert included) is Castle Shikigami 2 for PS2.

Come on now, seriously. Seriously. No game tops Valis III.

It's not simply bad, poorly acted and/or scripted.

It's really just in a league of it's own.

"EEEVen thuh migh-tee Ramses izzz, taaykin-me forawimp. Askin' me tuhdo-battle-with-a GHURL."

"Hey...... just cut the conversation. And watch out for my whip."

And as for Dragon Slayer, the last in-game voice I hear in the game is:

"A fine Marnin to you Ma Lard"

"Good morning Malasis..."

As soon as the opening chat is done, I turn the voices off and have done so ever since after playing it through the first time when the Turbo Duo was first released.

And most of the times I've finished it(I played it through like 30 times in row and then maybe once since) I just walk away once the final bosses is dead.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Keranu

I never take off the voices for Dragon Slayer mainly because it's more fun to have them on! I think I'll beat this game again this month, I love it.
IMG