Fair market Value for Bomberman '93?

Started by Paisa49, 11/08/2007, 02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paisa49

I just purchased a few more TG-16 controllers, and I'm looking to put them to use by playing one of the Bomberman games. I've always heard that '93 is the best iteration of the Bomberman games for the TG-16. However, after searching through Evil-Bay, it looks to be seriously over-priced. Is this Bomberman that rare of a game? What's the fair market value for this game? Anyone have any extra copies they're willing to sell?

Thanks

nat

Bomberman '94 is better.

But it sounds like you already have your mind set on '93, so that's beside the point.

I personally wouldn't pay more than $20 for a U.S. copy of Bomberman '93 with the manual. I have no idea what the scam artists on eBay are charging, but since the $10 game Samurai Ghost is now commonly being sold for $100 nothing would really surprise me.

Hold out until someone on the forum will sell you a copy, or post a want ad on the Turbo List.

Paisa49

I thought '94 was only released for the PC Engine? If there is a Bomberman '94, for the TG-16, what's the fair market value on that?

nat

Ah, I didn't realize you were limited to US-only releases. In that case, yeah, Bomberman '93 is your best bet. But don't pay what the thieves on eBay want for it.

NecroPhile

Be patient on ebay for a good deal.  The last ones went for $56 (boxed & minty fresh), $28 (sans box), and $15 (chip and sleeve).
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

nat

$28 isn't out of this world, just a little high.

$15 for the game without manual is reasonable.

There is a copy up currently for $86. Don't even consider it.

SignOfZeta

Considering the completely stupid "value" of TG-16 stuff these days you could just get your system modded, and a copy of both '93, and '94 as PC Engine releases and still have money left over.
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 11/08/2007, 06:31 PMConsidering the completely stupid "value" of TG-16 stuff these days you could just get your system modded, and a copy of both '93, and '94 as PC Engine releases and still have money left over.
Agreed..there's not much reason to get the tg16 version of bman 93,when the pce version is dirt cheap.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Paisa49

I'd get my TG-16 modded, but I've decided to get a Duo-R when I can find one for a good price. Really no point to modding my TG-16 if I can get my hands on a Duo-R. NecroPhile, thanks for posting the prices of that Bomberman auction you saw. That really helps me gauge how much I'm willing to shell out.

Paisa49

Nat, are you sure that $28.00 minus the exterior cardboard box was too much? Look at the insane price this game is going for right now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200173181861

kid_rondeau

I've bought a few things from this guy before...excellent to deal with; usually good "Buy It Now!" prices, quick communication, quick to post positive feedback, etc.

Some of the prices that the US games end up going for on Ebay are ridiculous, but I can't honestly say that if I was looking to get my hands on a copy of Bomberman '93 that I definitely wouldn't pay $80.00 for it, if it had box and instructions.

Paisa49

I'd be happy with just the Hu Card. I bought a bunch of controllers from TZD, and I'd like another multiplayer game other than dungeon explorer and, the oh so riveting  #-o, motoroader. I'm not a hardcore collector that needs every piece that comes with a game; I just want the game itself.

Turbo D

the multi-player on bomberman 94 is soo much funner than part one and 93. I played it with my bro for like 5 hours straight, haha, seriously. Its more fun because you can change the looks of the bombermen. You can play against the computer up to 5 players! AND there are super awesome kangaroo rats that you can ride like yoshi!!! I'll have to admit though, the pause screen on 93 is a bit more appealing  :)

If you are looking for 93 US, I'd expect to pay around 75 for a boxed copy. That auction you posted is insane, haha. There have been some rich lunatics on ebay lately. In fact I saw a lightly scratched Godzilla go for 100  [-(
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

nat

Quote from: Paisa49 on 11/20/2007, 02:14 PMNat, are you sure that $28.00 minus the exterior cardboard box was too much? Look at the insane price this game is going for right now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200173181861
That's fucking ludicrous. $28 for a copy minus box is, like I said, a "little high." Like I also said, "I personally wouldn't pay more than $20 for a used copy without the box."

It should be noted some people however are not as patient as I am. Patience is a virtue. Wait for someone on here to put up a copy for sale. Any of our regular members won't rape you in the ass with a screwdriver.

If you're in the got-to-have-it now mindset, then you are pretty much at the mercy of whatever you can find on eBay at any given moment.

Quote from: kid_rondeau on 11/20/2007, 02:47 PMSome of the prices that the US games end up going for on Ebay are ridiculous, but I can't honestly say that if I was looking to get my hands on a copy of Bomberman '93 that I definitely wouldn't pay $80.00 for it, if it had box and instructions.
But the copy he linked to doesn't even have a box. And you, sir, are out of your mind. :) I don't think Bomberman '93 is even rare. A few months back Aaron was selling some complete in box shrinkwrapped US games in the $30-$40 range. This is the kind of price point I would expect on such titles.

nat

I just had to mention this for the sake of the thread here.

I just found and bought a complete, boxed copy of Bomberman '93 for $30. Now that's a reasonable price.

Paisa49, if you're real nice I'll re-sell it to you at zero markup.  :wink:

Paisa49

Quote from: nat on 12/06/2007, 12:28 PMI just had to mention this for the sake of the thread here.

I just found and bought a complete, boxed copy of Bomberman '93 for $30. Now that's a reasonable price.

Paisa49, if you're real nice I'll re-sell it to you at zero markup.  :wink:
Wow, what a find! If you're serious about re-selling it, I'd certainly be interested in taking it off your hands. I have been searching ebay for a loose hu card, and I when I found one, I got sniped at the last minute.

NecroPhile

Nice find there, nat.  Whose leg did you have to hump to get that deal?

nat

That's my secret.

Well, OK, I'll give you clues.

Hint: He's a member here.

EDIT: The moral of the story is that you don't have to settle or put up with the ridiculous gouging that occurs on eBay. All you need is a little patience, perseverance, and initiative.

Ceti Alpha

OK, I really, really, really, need to get my Duo modded and get BMAN '94.  8-[
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

D-Lite

:-"  x2
Check my site for Turbo, Neo, NGPC, and superguns!
IMG
IMG

NecroPhile

D-Lite

Check my site for Turbo, Neo, NGPC, and superguns!
IMG
IMG

Ceti Alpha

Hmmmm... :-k I'll see if I can afford it over Christmas. This is an expensive time for me. All the birthday's in my family happen during the winter months.  ](*,) So it's expensive.
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"