My TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine chiptune music...

Started by FraGMarE, 04/05/2017, 08:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

esteban

Quote from: fragmare on 09/14/2017, 12:48 PMI can't decide what to cover next, so I'm making a poll!  :)  Yes, Michirin, Dreamer is on the list...  ;)
I gotta open this poll in a browser... but it's worth it...

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

turboswimbz

gotta be Super Monaco.  I need this to be harder. also, I enjoy the game a bit.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

ccovell

I was always partial to the Weapon Select tune in Gradius III SNES...

Dicer

FraGMarE

Quote from: guest on 09/14/2017, 04:34 PMMy vote's for Tetris.  :mrgreen:
What's that you say?  You want to hear Gameboy Tetris on the Atari POKEY??  OKAY!

Quote from: ccovell on 09/14/2017, 06:29 PMI was always partial to the Weapon Select tune in Gradius III SNES...
Ooh good one.  I'll add it.

Michirin9801

FraGMarE

I'll put good money on Arkhan voting for 'Nothing!  Take your no-talent, bum ass back to AtariAge and do POKEY chiptunes.' haha

CrackTiger

Streets Of Rage - The Street Of Rage (Intro)

Although I'm not a fan of the SoR style of music, this was my favorite bgm from the series, brings back the nostalgia from experiencing the game for the first time and seems like it would turn out well based on your other PCE chiptunes so far.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

esteban

Phantasy Star II because I think the PCE version will kicks its dirty, little arse.

FraGMarE

LostFlunky

Lol.  I was reading the poll post on my phone and read "vote for my best" ( not next).   I sat though about half of the Armored Armadillo song in disbelief and amazement before I came back and reread the post.

I guess I gave away my choice... ;)

NecroPhile

Quote from: fragmare on 09/14/2017, 07:05 PMWhat's that you say?  You want to hear Gameboy Tetris on the Atari POKEY??  OKAY!
:cry:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

seieienbu

Interesting list.  I changed my vote about 3 times scrolling down before settling on KI intro theme.  I'm curious how the PC Engine sound making the cool guitar riffs from the original.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

touko

TF3 venus fire for me .

A little bit disappointed to not find any glaylancer's music .

FraGMarE

Damn, if something doesn't get more than one vote, i'm gonna have to take my no-talent bum ass back over to Atari Age lol

esteban

Quote from: fragmare on 09/15/2017, 04:51 PMDamn, if something doesn't get more than one vote, i'm gonna have to take my no-talent bum ass back over to Atari Age lol
I vote for phantasia Starr II (again)

FraGMarE

Quote from: touko on 09/15/2017, 03:04 PMTF3 venus fire for me .

A little bit disappointed to not find any glaylancer's music .
The question would be WHICH version of Venus Fire to cover?  The one from TFIII?  Or the one from the sound test menu in Dragon's Fury?  :)

Oh yea!  Forgot about Gley Lancer!  You know what else I forgot about?  Elemental Master and Herzog Zwei!

touko

I don't know the dragon fury's version . :-k

Yes,elemental master also has some great tunes .

FraGMarE

Quote from: touko on 09/16/2017, 08:18 AMI don't know the dragon fury's version . :-k

Yes,elemental master also has some great tunes .
Has more of a TFIV vibe to it

FraGMarE

I think I'm seeing a problem with this poll.  There are simply too many entries and not enough people voting to ever decide on a clear winner.  Do you folks think I should remake the poll but enable every user to have multiple votes?  Maybe 3-5?

CrackTiger

Quote from: fragmare on 09/16/2017, 12:31 PMI think I'm seeing a problem with this poll.  There are simply too many entries and not enough people voting to ever decide on a clear winner.  Do you folks think I should remake the poll but enable every user to have multiple votes?  Maybe 3-5?
Definitely, I already had to narrow it down from 3 - 5  to just the one.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

seieienbu

I think with more than one vote you'd get much more of a consensus.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

esteban

Quote from: guest on 09/16/2017, 12:54 PM
Quote from: fragmare on 09/16/2017, 12:31 PMI think I'm seeing a problem with this poll.  There are simply too many entries and not enough people voting to ever decide on a clear winner.  Do you folks think I should remake the poll but enable every user to have multiple votes?  Maybe 3-5?
Definitely, I already had to narrow it down from 3 - 5  to just the one.
Yes, I eagerly await your PCE cover of Phantasy Star song!

Awesome.

Thank you.

FraGMarE

FraGMarE

Michirin9801

FraGMarE

Quote from: Michirin9801 on 10/19/2017, 01:18 PMNice After Burner cover ;3
Haha, thanks!  :D

Now to do After Burner covers on the SPC700 using Star Fox samples!  No, wait....  XD

esteban

Quote from: fragmare on 10/19/2017, 03:34 PM
Quote from: Michirin9801 on 10/19/2017, 01:18 PMNice After Burner cover ;3
Haha, thanks!  :D

Now to do After Burner covers on the SPC700 using Star Fox samples!  No, wait....  XD
StarFox gifted us an homage to After Burner.

Sadly, AfterBurner lacked the camaraderie of airborne frogs, bunnies and foxes.

FraGMarE

Yes, but After Burner has wailing, screaming melodies courtesy of Hiro-san of SST. ;)

CrackTiger

Would you be able to re-upload the roms for your chiptunes? I'm missing most of them as I've been watching the videos on youtube for the most part.

FraGMarE

TheClash603

FraGMarE

Quote from: guest on 03/18/2018, 03:45 PMWould you be able to re-upload the roms for your chiptunes? I'm missing most of them as I've been watching the videos on youtube for the most part.
Heeeeeeeeere ya go.  It's a ZIP file with all the most current HES ROMs of these tunes  :)  https://mega.nz/#!zaYWVbiT!ya1Flol6wgEdJ9r03vVyn93gUrdkTHjVXq--fFMzScU

Quote from: TheClash603 on 05/25/2018, 11:13 PMThat sounds like it could be in Doom.
Haha... thanks ?

TheClash603

Most everyone loves the music in Doom...  so you're welcome, nice track!

FraGMarE

Quote from: TheClash603 on 05/26/2018, 11:09 AMMost everyone loves the music in Doom...  so you're welcome, nice track!
DOOM is life.  They don't call me Fragmare for nothin.  ;)  And yes, the DOOM OST is legendary

CrackTiger

Quote from: fragmare on 05/26/2018, 12:16 AM
Quote from: CrackTiger on 03/18/2018, 03:45 PMWould you be able to re-upload the roms for your chiptunes? I'm missing most of them as I've been watching the videos on youtube for the most part.
Heeeeeeeeere ya go.  It's a ZIP file with all the most current HES ROMs of these tunes  :)  https://mega.nz/#!zaYWVbiT!ya1Flol6wgEdJ9r03vVyn93gUrdkTHjVXq--fFMzScU

Quote from: TheClash603 on 05/25/2018, 11:13 PMThat sounds like it could be in Doom.
Haha... thanks ?
Thanks a lot! =D>

I love the improvement of the TFV track and can't wait to hear more of the Musha track. It already sounds great but also unique compared to the MD version.

FraGMarE