10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Found!

Started by Wheels617, 01/08/2018, 10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wheels617

Hello all, just recently acquired a Super cdrom2 unit and would love for the console to match this.  Mainly looking to trade but may buy if the price is right, really only need the bare console.

tbone3969

How much for your Super CD rom 2 attachment?  Would you consider trading it?
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

NecroPhile

Wheels: check with Keith Courage.  He often has nicely refurbed stuff for sale.

Quote from: tbone3969 on 01/08/2018, 11:00 AMHow much for your Super CD rom 2 attachment?  Would you consider trading it?
The guy's looking for a CGII to use with his recently purchased Super CD add-on.  Why would he want to sell or trade it to you?!?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

tbone3969

Hey, you never know.  Doesn't hurt to ask.  I wonder if it even works properly?
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

Wheels617

Definitely looking to pickup the CGII, I have a region modded CG, but would prefer a matching console.  The super cdrom2 does work and has been recapped so should be good for awhile I hope, KC is going to be rgb modding it and has a matching controller but I didn't check to see if he had a console as well.  I'll check in with him.

tbone3969

Nice dude.  Your gonna have a lot of fun with it.  Ever think of going for the SuperGrafx combo?

Wheels617

I'm still easing into the world of pcengine, I started with a fully macked out Duo from KC and came across this scdr2 by chance.  I think the supergrafx looks cool, but I don't intend on playing the handful of games only available for it.  If it weren't so $$$$ I might pick one up but I am a Sega sucka and thats where a majority of my gaming funds go. 

Quote from: tbone3969 on 01/08/2018, 12:10 PMNice dude.  Your gonna have a lot of fun with it.  Ever think of going for the SuperGrafx combo?

ginoscope

I'm in the same boat I got a cheap broken super cd rom last month.  I have since fixed it and RGB modded it so I am thinking of getting a CGII as well.

I really like the super cd but the sound seems lower than on my TG16 cd and duo.

Wheels617

If you don't mind it mismatching I would give you a deal on a region modded core grafx 1  :-"

Quote from: ginoscope on 01/08/2018, 03:57 PMI'm in the same boat I got a cheap broken super cd rom last month.  I have since fixed it and RGB modded it so I am thinking of getting a CGII as well.

I really like the super cd but the sound seems lower than on my TG16 cd and duo.

Gypsy

Quote from: ginoscope on 01/08/2018, 03:57 PMI'm in the same boat I got a cheap broken super cd rom last month.  I have since fixed it and RGB modded it so I am thinking of getting a CGII as well.

Hopefully there isn't any permanent damage. These things have leaky caps. I'd recommend getting it cleaned up.

LowRes

If nobody on here has one for you, check out Game Doctor HK.  That's where I got my Core Grafx II from and it was a good deal.

I also recently purchased a super cd-rom2 console from Japan but it's been stuck in what looks like customs for the past 15 days.  Hoping it shows up but not looking good!  Got the cap kit on my desk ready to go... Good luck with your setup :)
Started a US TurboGrafx-16 Collection in 2017! ... Then I moved on to PC Engine

ginoscope

Quote from: Gypsy on 01/08/2018, 05:13 PM

Hopefully there isn't any permanent damage. These things have leaky caps. I'd recommend getting it cleaned up.
I completely recapped and washed the board.  The sound is fine just lower than the other systems.  It's a nice system I have it paired to a white pce at the moment.

Wheels617

hoobs88

Can't remember if it is Core Grafx or Core Grafx II that I have an extra of. Send me a PM to remind me to look for it after I get out of work later.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns