What are you currently listening to?

Started by geise, 10/27/2011, 07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

munchiaz

DragonmasterDan

--DragonmasterDan

esteban

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 09/12/2017, 07:28 PM
Quote from: esteban on 09/07/2017, 10:48 PMI love Bronski Beat. 
It's Beat not Beet.
Hahahhahajajjajjja.

You know that Ukrainians love BEETS.

And BORSHT.

Good night, comrade.

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Dicer

Dicer

esteban

Quote from: Dicer on 09/23/2017, 01:56 PMSo 80's it HURTS...

IMG
So, I actually prefer TOO HOT TO TOUCH if we were to hypothetically put one track on REPEAT for a week and listen to it over and over.

:)

I still like PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT, though. That has an "edge" (ha!) that is lacking from American Dream.

BUT YOU ARE CORRECT, "American Dream" is so 80's it hurts.

NightWolve

Dug this 80's gem up after some searching hearing it on the Atomic Blonde soundtrack. Never knew the title of it as "Major Tom."

turboswimbz

I think the Major Tom in the song is a nod to Bowie's Major Tom...since they have a similar theme.  I actually prefer this song in German.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Arkhan Asylum

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Dicer

Arkhan Asylum

lol youtube and it's autoplaying
the picture made me lol

this is some shitty cover from glee or something. 

Glee sucks at covers.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

NightWolve

Quote from: turboswimbz on 10/29/2017, 11:11 PMI think the Major Tom in the song is a nod to Bowie's Major Tom...since they have a similar theme.  I actually prefer this song in German.
I like it, wanna Karaoke the f*ck out of it some time. ;)

Digi.k

first time I've heard this track and I was there in 1984 >.>

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

TR0N

IMG

NightWolve

TR0N

IMG

Digi.k

esteban

Quote from: Digi.k on 12/23/2017, 02:49 PM
You read my mind! I was playing that CD for my kids and they are amazed that a 5-disc carousel has been sitting in front of them for years, but they never knew it.

This also revealed that the last time I played CD's was last XMAZ. Ha!

Chipmunks XMAZ albums (two of 'em) were also in there.

...and Beach Boys XMAZ.

Digi.k

Quote from: esteban on 12/23/2017, 07:03 PMYou read my mind! I was playing that CD for my kids and they are amazed that a 5-disc carousel has been sitting in front of them for years, but they never knew it.

...and Beach Boys XMAZ.
I wanted to order the vinyl in time for christmas but it's too late.  Maybe next Christmas.  I was just listening to it on the 1965 Christmas episode and again on the recent Peanuts movie and now I have it on my phone playlist.

esteban

Quote from: Digi.k on 12/23/2017, 07:32 PM
Quote from: esteban on 12/23/2017, 07:03 PMYou read my mind! I was playing that CD for my kids and they are amazed that a 5-disc carousel has been sitting in front of them for years, but they never knew it.

...and Beach Boys XMAZ.
I wanted to order the vinyl in time for christmas but it's too late.  Maybe next Christmas.  I was just listening to it on the 1965 Christmas episode and again on the recent Peanuts movie and now I have it on my phone playlist.
I love the Great Pumpkin Peanuts special...it's my favorite one. Anyway, what really, really, really makes it great (the atmosphere it creates is perfect, IMHO) is the SOUNDSCAPE.

I love just *listening* to the entire Great Pumpkin episode.

Needless to say, this "soundscape" (literally, all layers of sound) is 90% responsible for creating atmosphere for me.

Don't get me wrong, there are some truly wonderful visual sequences... but the soundscape is way more important for me (in general, and especially for smaller-budget productions).

BACK ON TOPIC: The music for the Peanuts XMAZ is fantastic.

Gypsy

geise

ClodBusted

Ryuchi Sakamoto: Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence
When I heard it for the first time on the radio, I mistook it for something made by Joe Hisaishi for Studio Ghibli or maybe Takeshi Kitano. Then I began research and found out it was a soundtrack done for the 1983 film Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence, starring David Bowie and Sakamoto (Yellow Magic Orchestra) himself. Also, there's even Takeshi Kitano acting in that film. Talk about pleasant surprises.

I watched the movie on Blu-ray last week and it left quite an impression on me.

seieienbu

I'm not sure how I feel about this one.  Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit autotuned to a major key.  The original always seemed to me to be the anti-pop song.  With a simple key chain this sounds like a dozen pop bands from the 90s.  It's certainly interesting but it gives me an odd vibe.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

NecroPhile

It sounds generic, like it could be used as sitcom theme music.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

TR0N

"Midge Ure - The Man Who Sold The World (1982 Studio Version) [HQ]"
IMG

SignOfZeta

Quote from: guest on 01/09/2018, 01:00 PMIt sounds generic, like it could be used as sitcom theme music.
So it sounds like Nirvana then, or smells like them or whatever.

I went to a show last night. Nobody seemed to feel that Shredders is a thing and basically treated it as 4/7 of Doomtree. I've seen these guys more than any other act and they are never not great. This is the first show I've seen with two DJs and no TTs.
IMG

esteban

Quote from: TR0N on 01/10/2018, 02:31 AM
That's great. I never heard that before.

Needless to say, I love Ultravox. This did not disappoint.

Digi.k

Can't get enough of this euro pop inspired j-pop songs.

geise

Bloufo

Gypsy

PukeSter

Quote from: Gypsy on 02/18/2018, 05:56 PMhttps://youtu.be/ZtB9prFBgIM
Interesting...I've only heard his "Ding Dong" song before

Been listening to some soulful music lately

https://youtu.be/Roe9-DlhXzY

Gypsy

TheClash603

Listened to the new Carpenter Brut album and enjoyed it.  Been getting more into electronic music, mainly cause I have difficulty focusing at work when songs contain lyrics.

Gypsy

Mitski - Puberty 2

listen to itttttt

Gredler

NightWolve

blueraven

"Lazerhawk - Dreamrider - full album (2017)"

esteban

Digi.k

JoshTurboTrollX

Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

geise

Digi.k

NightWolve

Another 80's gem that doesn't last on YouTube for long, can't find the music video anymore: "Boys of Summer" - Don Henley

Some of these DJ David Guetta produced ones are fun.
I remember this years back, catchy!

Digi.k

Digi.k

A track from Magical Chase has. been Genefied!

geise

^ That's actually pretty nice. I like it's using the early genny instruments and not the later.

esteban

Quote from: Digi.k on 04/02/2018, 02:48 AM"Klaus Nomi - Simple Man"
TransX is soooo good, but I couldn't resist singing along to Simple Man... and I haven't heard it in decades. So what does that tell you?

And the MagicalChaseDrive Tune? That is so elegant and nicely done...the subtle, nuanced music coming from the Genny are quite a treat.