10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Nintendo Switch Thread (previously NX)

Started by Otaking, 07/03/2016, 08:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jlued686

Quote from: Dicer on 09/13/2017, 08:37 PMPlaying the octo demo now, love the art...a bit grindy to beat the first "boss" but it's solid and def nice to look at so far.
Yeah, that first boss is an asshole. I thought I had him on my third try, but he kicked my ass again. Sucks that you can't skip all the dialog before the battle. Shit like that in modern games drives me crazy.

Winniez

Still holding up buying the Switch. My 3DS has plenty of life left in it, and a huge backlog of games.
Besides early games are usually very cheap when buying afterwards. And i don't get that excited by the Neo Geo roms although the Mario Odyssey looks very tempting.

Gredler

My 3ds came out of my bedside table drawer to travel with me again. I picked up the new metric, and can't wait to play it. One of my favorite series, I love the feel of the gba games.

I actually remember lots of and loved the game boy original. Specific road trip I played through it on, and later played through it with the super game boy, so I am really excited to see if I get reminiscence from it. Zero mission was fantastic in how it felt similar to the original, but was fresh and exciting to play through.

ToyMachine78

Anyone pick up the new mario? I saw Joe streaming last night. From what I've seen, it looks really fun. Whats your thoughts? 

It looks like a game I would actually consider buying a switch to play. I thought Zelda was going to be that game until I saw the destructible weapon aspect, and how quickly they degrade. I hate that shit.

Digi.k

wildfruit

Quote from: guest on 10/28/2017, 08:24 AMI thought Zelda was going to be that game until I saw the destructible weapon aspect, and how quickly they degrade. I hate that shit.
Seconded.
But mario odyssey? Fantastic. Looks good, controls good, sounds good. A joy.

xcrement5x

Quote from: Winniez on 09/14/2017, 09:54 PMStill holding up buying the Switch. My 3DS has plenty of life left in it, and a huge backlog of games.
Besides early games are usually very cheap when buying afterwards. And i don't get that excited by the Neo Geo roms although the Mario Odyssey looks very tempting.
Same here, I'm still waiting on the Switch myself.  Have the Wii U so I've been able to play Breath of the Wild as well and that was like the only real draw to me except maybe now Mario.

TR0N

After selling a game here i got enough for a switch now. Amazon,was on back orders but there suppose to get more by next week so i order a gray one.I want one now since there getting the games i want to play plus xenoblade chronicles 2 is out now.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Digi.k

so glad I finally beat that game now I can trade it in!

This is causing divide amongst people.  I really want to collect it!

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Digi.k on 01/17/2018, 06:38 PMso glad I finally beat that game now I can trade it in!

This is causing divide amongst people.  I really want to collect it!
How is this causing a divid?

It's inventive, whimsical, charming, creative, and customizable. Everything a kid from 6/8? To even an adult would enjoy as a way to foster learning and fun.

Digi.k

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 01/17/2018, 07:28 PMHow is this causing a divid?

It's inventive, whimsical, charming, creative, and customizable. Everything a kid from 6/8? To even an adult would enjoy as a way to foster learning and fun.
Deleted Tweet: wayback://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/953756457840685056
Deleted Site: https://web.archive.org/web/20180118195513if/https://labo.nintendo.com/

Medic_wheat

Oh. So basically the people who feel they are too old/cool to be imaginative are the detractors.

PukeSter

If it was a lot cheaper, it would be better received. But $70 is definitely steep with just a couple simple apps included. The robot game looks okay though

Does anybody remember the old joke how if Nintendo sold a cardboard box with it's name on it, then people would buy it? This is actually happening.

LostFlunky

Labo is cool looking, but I can just imagine how many "unpunched" packages there will be for sale in 15 years...

bartre

Honestly it just seems like spending way too much money on a raspberry pi learning kit.

which to be fair is what the NES and SNES minis were, soooooooo....

ClodBusted

Quote from: Mathius on 08/29/2017, 10:53 PM
Quote from: guest on 08/29/2017, 08:36 PMCave Story was really great on the Switch. So many choices for soundtracks and it controlled really well. Plus it's getting (or already has gotten) updates for 2p mode and a few other things. Though, I'm still stuck on the final boss.
I've been stuck on the final boss in the original Cave Story on my Wii for nearly eight years! He's a bastard and the devs should've dialed the difficulty back on him some.
Same to me waaaay back with the PC version. That final boss is a bitch. Difficulty-wise, it is out of place compared to the rest of the game, which is why it harms the overall experience.
I also played the alternate route (where you do not pick up a certain item, to alter the story), still no luck.

NecroPhile

That Labo thing is kinda neat, like Lego Mindstorm stuff but made out of comparatively fragile and hard to work with cardboard.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Psycho Punch

Can't wait to buy tons of replacement parts (sheets?) off of Aliexpress for $5 per kg.
This Toxic Turbo Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs!
I had to delete THOUSANDS of error log entries cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

jtucci31

Quote from: guest on 01/18/2018, 12:13 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 08/29/2017, 10:53 PM
Quote from: guest on 08/29/2017, 08:36 PMCave Story was really great on the Switch. So many choices for soundtracks and it controlled really well. Plus it's getting (or already has gotten) updates for 2p mode and a few other things. Though, I'm still stuck on the final boss.
I've been stuck on the final boss in the original Cave Story on my Wii for nearly eight years! He's a bastard and the devs should've dialed the difficulty back on him some.
Same to me waaaay back with the PC version. That final boss is a bitch. Difficulty-wise, it is out of place compared to the rest of the game, which is why it harms the overall experience.
I also played the alternate route (where you do not pick up a certain item, to alter the story), still no luck.
Yeah I think I may just restart the game and play it all over again to try to get some better powerups. It'll be a good in between game.

Also, the Nintendo Labo thing is pretty cool for kids. I've seen it being discussed in terms of STEAM learning in schools potentially. That would be great if that's what it actually does.

Love seeing adults get butthurt about Nintendo cardboard not marketed for them, though.

Gredler

Digi how did you like XBC2? I stopped playing after getting to the second main area where you get the husky dude in your party, thanks Breath of the Wild - I can't quit playing it danmit! I want to go back to XBC2, but that Zelda brought me back in with the DLC damnit! Hoping XBC2 gets some patches to smooth out the rough patches while I am distracted by other games :P

BigusSchmuck

Played the demo for Dragon Quest Builders on the Switch, loved it preordered it. Anyone else try it out yet? I think its waaaaaaaaaaaay better than Minecrap.

Digi.k

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 01/18/2018, 10:17 PMPlayed the demo for Dragon Quest Builders on the Switch, loved it preordered it. Anyone else try it out yet? I think its waaaaaaaaaaaay better than Minecrap.
yup DQB is more my thing I pre ordered it too.

Quote from: Gredler on 01/18/2018, 09:39 PMDigi how did you like XBC2?
Xeno Chron 2 feels a mess.  I almost traded it in several times after encountering a lot of frustrating moments during gameplay which left me switching off the machine but in the end I still put in over 180 hours into it.  I really like the character cast towards the end (although some make me cringe)  and I love love the music in this game. This the first Xeno game on the Nintendo systems I actually played till the end.  Now I can definitely trade it in.

IMG

I think if it wasn't for these characters Nia and Morag I would probably have gotten bored of Xen Chron 2

In the end I actually wanted to fight more mech enemies

imgur . com/wbKHY0X.gif

Gredler

I have DQB on PS4 - I might do my first in a long time sell/trade to try to get DQB on Switch, I love that game.

And yeah, even 30 hours in I've switched away from XBC2 a twice, and this second time haven't gone back yet but plan to. I agree, it's the hottest mess of the Chronicles Xeno titles so far, but it's still somehow appealing and calling me back

wildfruit

My axiom verge I preordered back in August is finally being shipped next week. Dunno wether to swap it for dragon quest builders instead tho. I showed my 10yo the labo stuff. He seems interested and it's released day before his birthday. Ideal.

Digi.k

Digi.k

Digi.k

IMG

Alpha Mission (console/arcade)

Athena (console/arcade)

Crystalis (console)

Ikari Warriors (console/arcade)

Ikari Warriors 2: Victory Road (console/arcade)
Ikari Warriors 3: The Rescue (console/arcade)
Guerrilla War (console/arcade)
P.O.W. (console/arcade)
Prehistoric Isle in 1930 (arcade)
Psycho Soldier (arcade)
Street Smart (arcade)
TNK III (console/arcade)
Vanguard (arcade)

BlueBMW

Mario and Rabbids...  Get it now.  Totally blew away my expectations.  And the music is top notch from Grant Kirkhope.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Flare65

I need to give Xeno Chromicals 2 another go.  I didn't get too deep into it, just a little beyond where you get Pyra.  I remember the combat system was a bit confusing.

The trouble that I have with this game and Breath of the Wild is that I'll get 4-5 hours into it, then work and family stuff picks up and I can't get back to it for 3-4 weeks before I can pick it up again.  At that point I've either forgotten where I am at or special attack moves that are essensial to progressing.

I'm stuck in the same boat with Y's 8 on the vita...

BlueBMW

Mario and Rabbids is very incremental like that.  You can play for a few hours, leave it a while and go back pretty easily.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Digi.k

Not much info except more than 15 Sega AGES games coming to switch
IMG

TheClash603

Quote from: Digi.k on 04/14/2018, 03:46 AMNot much info except more than 15 Sega AGES games coming to switch
IMG
If they started with the same Sega Ages collection from the Saturn, then I would double dip.

What Sega really needs to start doing is re-releasing Saturn games.  Maybe with some updates graphics, maybe not, but there are too many gems too few people have played.

LostFlunky

Quote from: TheClash603 on 04/14/2018, 07:51 AM
Quote from: Digi.k on 04/14/2018, 03:46 AMNot much info except more than 15 Sega AGES games coming to switch
IMG
If they started with the same Sega Ages collection from the Saturn, then I would double dip.

What Sega really needs to start doing is re-releasing Saturn games.  Maybe with some updates graphics, maybe not, but there are too many gems too few people have played.
Saturn and DC - I was done with Genesis reissues 2 generations ago...

gheebee

Was just reading a bit about the Gal*Gun 2 endings and found this link for a free replacement cover for the Switch version of the game: http://pqube.co.uk/galgun2/replacement-cover/ I didn't notice but the inside of the sleeve is actually the same as the Switch Wild Guns Reloaded release.

TR0N

Nintendo announces it's online plans.
wayback://nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/nintendo-shares-new-details-about-its-nintendo-switch-online-service
Most of this isn't new to me other then they will be offering cloud saving.

Also the switch will be getting a port of ikagura man the switch sure is getting allot of shooters  :mrgreen:
Nicalis and Treasure are bringing the legendary Ikaruga to Nintendo Switch on May 29!
IMG

TheClash603

Quote from: TR0N on 05/08/2018, 01:19 AMNintendo announces it's online plans.
wayback://nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/nintendo-shares-new-details-about-its-nintendo-switch-online-service
Most of this isn't new to me other then they will be offering cloud saving.

Also the switch will be getting a port of ikagura man the switch sure is getting allot of shooters  :mrgreen:
Nicalis and Treasure are bringing the legendary Ikaruga to Nintendo Switch on May 29!
What are the best shooters in Switch?  Somehow I have none...   any come on a cartridge or all downloaded?

Digi.k

Quote from: TheClash603 on 05/08/2018, 08:13 AMWhat are the best shooters in Switch?  Somehow I have none...   any come on a cartridge or all downloaded?
https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=62430

TR0N

Another announcement monster hunter generations ultimate is coming to the west finally. It came out last year in japan as monster hunter double cross. Monster Hunter World,has been a huge success for them so i guess that's why there giving MHGU a chance here.
 http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/05/monster_hunter_generations_ultimate_hits_switch_this_august
IMG

TheClash603

Quote from: Digi.k on 05/08/2018, 09:07 AM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 05/08/2018, 08:13 AMWhat are the best shooters in Switch?  Somehow I have none...   any come on a cartridge or all downloaded?
Basically all of the games are Neo Geo shooters I already owned elsewhere and they are not released physically.  That's why I guess I didn't consider all the shooters on the system, cause I would pass on these.

Also, too bad it isn't Monster Hunter World.  The changes made to the game obviously paid off for Capcom, now they are going backwards.

Medic_wheat

Speaking of physical switch games. I recently picked up a few games.

But I am seeing a trend for Nintendo America of not providing a physical release or a half physical half digital release of a game that's offered in Japan (maybe PAL) gets a full blown physical release. 

Does anyone have a list of switch games that have a physical release not offered in Na?

TR0N

Quote from: TheClash603 on 05/11/2018, 08:10 AM
Quote from: Digi.k on 05/08/2018, 09:07 AM
Basically all of the games are Neo Geo shooters I already owned elsewhere and they are not released physically.  That's why I guess I didn't consider all the shooters on the system, cause I would pass on these.

Also, too bad it isn't Monster Hunter World.  The changes made to the game obviously paid off for Capcom, now they are going backwards.
The most i give credit to that the switch has been getting lot's of pysikyo shooters.Past shooters by them have been split up among many console,plus been very pricey.Such is the case for zero gunner 2 and dragons blaze being the most expensive ones.Yeah,monster hunter generations is just the ultimate edition of the game but it's the more modern one at least.When capcom was making MHW it was before the switch was even announce.That was game was made in mind for the PS4,Xbox-One and the up and coming PC port.
IMG

Medic_wheat

What?!?!
Code princess ex

Day one buy. I loved the3DS game and an enhanced port with physical copy? Sweet. If they ported more DS/3DS stuff I wouldn't say no.

Like contra 4

TheClash603

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 05/13/2018, 08:02 PMWhat?!?!
Code princess ex

Day one buy. I loved the3DS game and an enhanced port with physical copy? Sweet. If they ported more DS/3DS stuff I wouldn't say no.

Like contra 4
Play a ton of 3DS and somehow this flew under my radar.  Since the Switch game is actually $5 cheaper than the 3DS, I will have to check it out once released.