I hope someone here picked up this slice of Turbob history: linky (http://www.ebay.com/itm/120812906612?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649). I meant to bid on it (up to $150), but I got distracted by something shiny.
What am I looking at?
Ah yes, 'tis the "never opened" TurboGrafx JAMMA board that has been.... well, opened.
Quote from: nat on 11/22/2011, 09:08 PMAh yes, 'tis the "never opened" TurboGrafx JAMMA board that has been.... well, opened.
HA!! I thought the same thing when I seen the listing. But still, what is it? I have no idea what a JAMMA board is....
Quote from: bernielindell on 11/22/2011, 09:14 PMQuote from: nat on 11/22/2011, 09:08 PMAh yes, 'tis the "never opened" TurboGrafx JAMMA board that has been.... well, opened.
HA!! I thought the same thing when I seen the listing. But still, what is it? I have no idea what a JAMMA board is....
jamma is a standard arcade video game board wiring interface... a lot of the games from the late 80s/early 90's connected their components (monitor, power, controls) through this common connector to the game board. hence why its a "jamma" board
basically what you are looking at is a tg 16 that was designed to work inside an arcade cabinet.
damn I forgot about it, I would've totally bought that for that price to use in my cab. Oh well...
I threw a bid in before I went to my class tonight and I ended up winning. I am totally surprised that no one bid higher. I was curious to see how they did the controller interface and coin control, but not $200+ curious... $100, any day of the week though! Hopefully it arrives safe and sound! Looks cooler than darnit! Moar pics on arrival!
Make sure you preserve its "never opened" condition.
Quote from: nat on 11/23/2011, 12:53 AMMake sure you preserve its "never opened" condition.
But of course! I wont open it any more than it's already been opened..... #-o
Congrats Blue! That looks awesome.
Quote from: nat on 11/22/2011, 09:08 PMAh yes, 'tis the "never opened" TurboGrafx JAMMA board that has been.... well, opened.
It's 85% New?
Quote from: BlueBMW on 11/23/2011, 12:55 AMQuote from: nat on 11/23/2011, 12:53 AMMake sure you preserve its "never opened" condition.
But of course! I wont open it any more than it's already been opened..... #-o
I knew we could count on you.
Quote from: blueraven on 11/23/2011, 01:04 AMQuote from: nat on 11/22/2011, 09:08 PMAh yes, 'tis the "never opened" TurboGrafx JAMMA board that has been.... well, opened.
It's 85% New?
To think... There was an 85% chance we'd never be able to read that thread again.
Quote from: nat on 11/23/2011, 01:05 AMTo think... There was an 85% chance we'd never be able to read that thread again.
Haha. Yeah, nat.
Dam forgot about this one :-(
Sweet! Good to hear that one of the good guys snagged it rather than having it end up in some crazy hoarder's den, never to see the light of day again.
Nice score BMW, you should make a dedicated TURBO CAB! Thatd be s sweet with some graphics on the side!
Damn i missed the end of the auction or it mayhave been mine, blue how high would you have gone ;)
Quote from: elabit on 11/23/2011, 11:26 AMNice score BMW, you should make a dedicated TURBO CAB! Thatd be s sweet with some graphics on the side!
hmmm.. that would require a second cab... where to put it though! Ahh space is so tight :D
Looks like he multiple Jamma's
http://www.ebay.com/itm/United-Amusements-Turbografx-16-System-Rare-NOS-Never-Used-Jamma-N-R-/110781962757?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19cb1e9a05
yeah, " I went back to where I got this and found one more but this is definately the last!" lol :D
He also used the same pic.
Quote from: MotherGunner on 11/23/2011, 09:49 PMHe also used the same pic.
It's a different picture... tape is different on the box and the contents appears to be slightly different
Though looking close... the serial number on the warranty card appears to be the same lol.
cool! shame it not like the play 10 like the nintendo one. but still cool
might try and nab this one but it might go for more now that it has a little more attention....
Quote from: BlueBMW on 11/24/2011, 08:26 AMThough looking close... the serial number on the warranty card appears to be the same lol.
I wonder if all the cards had the same serial number.. *shrugs* It certainly appears to be a different unit
Nice score Bemby! You should show it off at MGC just for the hells of it. :)