Hey everyone!
I love those weird "WTF?" games that are super fun, so since I'm still a TG/PCE n00b what's the weirdest game around? Import or not, don't matter, just curious ^-^
Thanks all!
Toilet Kids? lol
Gotta agree with Toilet Kids. Somer Assault/Mesopotamia is another weird one.
Skweek is pretty weird too.
Psychosis/Paranoia is odd but still plays good. Chou Aniki is also on the WTF side too.
God Panic
(https://www.excellentcontent.com/emuzone/god1.jpg)
Kato and Ken chan (jj+jeff) is pretty freaking weird too
Im gonna go with Toilet Kids, or either of the Super Big Brother games... very strange, yet addictive...
Others include:
Ai Cho Aniki
Gekisha Boy
Wallaby
Final Lap Twin
World Court Tennis
Tengai Makyous
Parodius
Star Parodier
Bravoman
Impossamole
Addams Family
It Came From the Desert
Air Zonks
Hana Taka Daka
Madou Monogatari
The Manhole
That HuCard sidescroller where you constantly turn into different things
That CD-ROM sidescroller that looks like a platformer but isnt really
Ranma 1/2s
Bakuden Unbalanced Zone
Bazaru
Dariuses
Download 2
Lost Sunheart
Shadow of the Beast
Cyber Core
Beyond Shadowgate
Shapeshifter
Tatsunoko Fighter
Games Express games
With PC Engine, it would be easier to put together a list of games that are not weird.
Quote from: PunkCryborg on 11/20/2012, 10:40 AMGod Panic
(https://www.excellentcontent.com/emuzone/god1.jpg)
I see nothing weird about that!
Quote from: guest on 11/20/2012, 11:33 AMFinal Lap Twin
World Court Tennis
I assume you are commenting on the "RPG" modes of those games?
Another one for toilet kids...
It's hard to beat Cho Aniki and Ai Cho Aniki for pure what-the-fuckishness, but Bakushou Yoshimoto and Kato & Ken Chan have their moments; and Bazaru de Gozaru is also rather different, though more for its style of gameplay than anything graphically.
Quote from: majors on 11/20/2012, 03:54 PMQuote from: CrackTiger on 11/20/2012, 11:33 AMFinal Lap Twin
World Court Tennis
I assume you are commenting on the "RPG" modes of those games?
Yes, not the bonus mini-games.
Ai Cho Anoki for me.
Obocchama-kun seems pretty weird.
pcengine-fx.com/reviews/duomazov/2009/07/obocchama-kun.html
(https://www.pcengine-fx.com/reviews/duomazov/images/obokun2.png)
Lady Sword.
Strip Fighter?
Hi Leg Fantasy?
Played some Somer Assault last week, and wow! For some reason, I was expecting a space shooter, not a what-in-the-world-kind-of-game-is-this? kind of game. It is definitely weird.
Quote from: csgx1 on 11/20/2012, 06:57 PMObocchama-kun seems pretty weird.
pcengine-fx.com/reviews/duomazov/2009/07/obocchama-kun.html
(https://www.pcengine-fx.com/reviews/duomazov/images/obokun2.png)
Was just going to post this. It's very strange indeed, especially to us westerners. Correct me if I'm wrong, I think it was based off a character of a Japanese tv show
Quote from: guest on 11/20/2012, 11:33 AMOthers include:
Ai Cho Aniki
Gekisha Boy
Wallaby
Final Lap Twin
World Court Tennis
Tengai Makyous
Parodius
Star Parodier
Bravoman
Impossamole
Addams Family
It Came From the Desert
Air Zonks
Hana Taka Daka
Madou Monogatari
The Manhole
That HuCard sidescroller where you constantly turn into different things
That CD-ROM sidescroller that looks like a platformer but isnt really
Ranma 1/2s
Bakuden Unbalanced Zone
Bazaru
Dariuses
Download 2
Lost Sunheart
Shadow of the Beast
Cyber Core
Beyond Shadowgate
Shapeshifter
Tatsunoko Fighter
Games Express games
With PC Engine, it would be easier to put together a list of games that are not weird.
You might as well add Cloud Master to that list, unless flying ramen bowls are considered normal around here.
Quote from: Gogan on 11/21/2012, 02:19 PM[Correct me if I'm wrong, I think it was based off a character of a Japanese tv show
of a very strange Japanese TV anime ;)
I second Parodius and Ai Cho Aniki. Something about pirate cats is very offsetting.
Quote from: Tatsujin on 11/21/2012, 10:22 PMQuote from: Gogan on 11/21/2012, 02:19 PM[Correct me if I'm wrong, I think it was based off a character of a Japanese tv show
of a very strange Japanese TV anime ;)
Danke ;)
Samurai Ghost or it's Nippon sequels?
Pretty odd.
Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 11/27/2012, 02:15 PMSamurai Ghost or it's Nippon sequels?
Pretty odd.
How a pity you are. :P
Has anyone mentioned the odd storylines from Tricky Kick yet?