PCEngine-FX.com

PCEFX Marketplace => Buy/Sell/Trade => Topic started by: BlueBMW on 05/19/2013, 04:50 PM

Title: Cheap x68000, who wants it
Post by: BlueBMW on 05/19/2013, 04:50 PM
Who wants a cheap x68000?

Original model with 2mb ram (1mb onboard, 1mb internal expansion)
No cables, no keyboard, no video adapter. I'll throw in copies of the disks for Dracula (seen running in the pics)

All I have done to this one is replace the SRAM battery, everything else is still original (including the power supply) It runs fine, but I suspect at some point you'll want to do something with the power supply. Though these power supplies don't seem to fail as much as the "tetris block" power supplies in the ace/expert/xvi/030 models. Bottom line, I've got too many x68000s to fix up and I'd rather spend my time on the newer units. I'll be happy to try and answer any repair questions down the road, but I don't have time to offer repair services later. There is a lot of documentation etc available at nfg games / gamesx.com should you need help down the road.

Asking $150 + shipping. Its cheap because its as is and its 26 years old.

If you want an original keyboard with it add $60.

/x68k1_zps953b51b9.jpg

/x68k2_zps6d51499d.jpg
Title: Re: Cheap x68000, who wants it
Post by: esadajr on 05/19/2013, 08:12 PM
Looks great.
Title: Re: Cheap x68000, who wants it
Post by: Tatsujin on 05/19/2013, 09:16 PM
haw mach to nippan? :lol:
Title: Re: Cheap x68000, who wants it
Post by: BlueBMW on 05/19/2013, 09:19 PM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 05/19/2013, 09:16 PMhaw mach to nippan? :lol:
You serious? :P
Title: Re: Cheap x68000, who wants it
Post by: TheClash603 on 05/19/2013, 10:09 PM
When are you going to sell some refurbished awesome models complete with all the games I could ever want?  :)
Title: Re: Cheap x68000, who wants it
Post by: BlueBMW on 05/19/2013, 10:49 PM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 05/19/2013, 10:09 PMWhen are you going to sell some refurbished awesome models complete with all the games I could ever want?  :)
When I get some money to order the CF adapters hehe.
Title: Re: Cheap x68000, who wants it
Post by: Tatsujin on 05/19/2013, 11:10 PM
Quote from: BlueBMW on 05/19/2013, 09:19 PM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 05/19/2013, 09:16 PMhaw mach to nippan? :lol:
You serious? :P
lol, probably not :P

But really would like to have one one day.

Problem is le space and wifey..lol.
Title: Re: Cheap x68000, who wants it
Post by: BlueBMW on 05/19/2013, 11:38 PM
They're not that big...  :)
Title: Re: Cheap x68000, who wants it
Post by: Tatsujin on 05/20/2013, 01:06 AM
yeah, but it also needs monitor and stuff..lol
Title: Re: Cheap x68000, who wants it
Post by: BlueBMW on 05/20/2013, 07:56 AM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 05/20/2013, 01:06 AMyeah, but it also needs monitor and stuff..lol
Grab an xpc4 and you can watch it on anything!  Of course the xpc will cost 40k...
Title: Re: Cheap x68000, who wants it
Post by: GohanX on 05/20/2013, 08:31 AM
Judging from the pics, it works with a standard PC keyboard and monitor?

Hmmmm......
Title: Re: Cheap x68000, who wants it
Post by: GohanX on 05/20/2013, 08:32 AM
Sorry if that's a stupid question, the only stuff I know about X68000 is what you guys talk about in the chat room, and I forgot most of it.
Title: Re: Cheap x68000, who wants it
Post by: SuperDeadite on 05/20/2013, 09:00 AM
Quote from: JKM on 05/20/2013, 08:31 AMJudging from the pics, it works with a standard PC keyboard and monitor?

Hmmmm......
1. No, totally custom
2. Yes with most VGA CRTs, but you will need an adapter.
Title: Re: Cheap x68000, who wants it
Post by: saturndual32 on 05/20/2013, 04:55 PM
Just dont sell them the X68K adaptors we were talking about BlueBMW, hehe, i already have the money and can pay you whenever they are ready.
Title: Re: Cheap x68000, who wants it
Post by: Dalder on 05/20/2013, 10:33 PM
Hey Byron that is very TEMPTING !!! because my X68000 EXPERT seems to have issues with my original Sharp 19 inches RGB X68000 monitor. :(. But I have tried sending you several PMs but they were all ignored or not replied back not sure why. Let me know why via PM please many thanks !!!
Title: Re: Cheap x68000, who wants it
Post by: Mathius on 05/20/2013, 10:34 PM
Is that my old unit?
Title: Re: Cheap x68000, who wants it
Post by: BlueBMW on 05/21/2013, 12:45 AM
Quote from: saturndual32 on 05/20/2013, 04:55 PMJust dont sell them the X68K adaptors we were talking about BlueBMW, hehe, i already have the money and can pay you whenever they are ready.
Your stuff is set aside ;)

Quote from: Dalder on 05/20/2013, 10:33 PMHey Byron that is very TEMPTING !!! because my X68000 EXPERT seems to have issues with my original Sharp 19 inches RGB X68000 monitor. :(. But I have tried sending you several PMs but they were all ignored or not replied back not sure why. Let me know why via PM please many thanks !!!
I thought I already replied once.  My issue is time.  I dont like to take in x68000s for repair since I dont want to sit on peoples machines for a long period of time.  Shoot me a pm again describing the issue you are having.
Title: Re: Cheap x68000, who wants it
Post by: BlueBMW on 05/21/2013, 12:46 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 05/20/2013, 10:34 PMIs that my old unit?
Yes sir, I installed another original power supply I had from another OG model that had a bad mainboard.
Title: Re: Cheap x68000, who wants it
Post by: Mathius on 05/21/2013, 01:09 AM
Quote from: BlueBMW on 05/21/2013, 12:46 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 05/20/2013, 10:34 PMIs that my old unit?
Yes sir, I installed another original power supply I had from another OG model that had a bad mainboard.
Glad to see it's back to life. Someone please give her a good home.
Title: Re: Cheap x68000, who wants it
Post by: Tatsujin on 05/21/2013, 01:12 AM
which games do run ok on the machine and which do not so much?
Title: Re: Cheap x68000, who wants it
Post by: SuperDeadite on 05/21/2013, 08:19 AM
Most will run fine.  16mhz is really only needed for the later games like Super SFII, Mahou Dai, Geograph Seal.  The biggest annoyance with the older machines is that they are SASI, not SCSI.
Title: Re: Cheap x68000, who wants it
Post by: VenomMacbeth on 05/25/2013, 12:15 AM
If I come into enough money here soon, I may be tempted to jump on this.  There are a lot of games I really want to play for the X68k!
Title: Re: Cheap x68000, who wants it
Post by: BlueBMW on 05/25/2013, 09:07 AM
Both systems are on hold for now :)  Ill probably have more sometime soon.
Title: Re: Cheap x68000, who wants it
Post by: TheClash603 on 05/25/2013, 11:27 AM
I just subscribed to Retro Gamer Magazine and the x68000 is repeated listed as "Japan's best gaming secret" and every time they do the run down of various games the x6800 ports is listed as the best.

Maybe I should start taking this thing more seriously...
Title: Re: Cheap x68000, who wants it
Post by: BlueBMW on 05/25/2013, 12:08 PM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 05/25/2013, 11:27 AM...the x68000 ports are listed as the best.
This is so true!

Quote from: TheClash603 on 05/25/2013, 11:27 AMMaybe I should start taking this thing more seriously...
Yes you should :D
Title: Re: Cheap x68000, who wants it
Post by: TheClash603 on 05/25/2013, 12:36 PM
If you get a rig that can play all games and also ensure I will have access to some games, I am in.

PM me if this is an option, I will pay a fair price for your troubles :)
Title: Re: Cheap x68000, who wants it
Post by: Mathius on 05/25/2013, 03:37 PM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 05/25/2013, 12:36 PMIf you get a rig that can play all games and also ensure I will have access to some games, I am in.

PM me if this is an option, I will pay a fair price for your troubles :)
You won't regret it. :D