PCEngine-FX.com

Other Discussions => General Gaming => Topic started by: Ninja Spirit on 05/23/2013, 09:29 AM

Title: Video Games New York
Post by: Ninja Spirit on 05/23/2013, 09:29 AM
Thought I'd share some pics of one of the best game stores in New York

/03a27da4b5bc11e2882c22000a9e06a8_7.jpg
/501901579843255_lost.jpg

/2aebf95eb5bb11e2a15322000aa80445_7.jpg
/501903243176422_lost.jpg
Title: Re: Video Games New York
Post by: Nando on 05/23/2013, 09:51 AM
How were their prices?
Title: Re: Video Games New York
Post by: FiftyQuid on 05/23/2013, 10:03 AM
Quote from: Nando on 05/23/2013, 09:51 AMHow were their prices?
Best = cheap?  I'd like to know as well please.
Title: Re: Video Games New York
Post by: turboswimbz on 05/23/2013, 06:27 PM
When I visited the prices were fair to high (for a brick and mortar) . But they have a ton of stuff. IMHO no better or worse than other independent shops I visited.  (I'm thinking directly of Digital Press)  Maybe others have been more than once have a different take.
Title: Re: Video Games New York
Post by: esteban on 05/23/2013, 06:56 PM
Quote from: turboswimbz on 05/23/2013, 06:27 PMWhen I visited the prices were fair to high (for a brick and mortar) . But they have a ton of stuff. IMHO no better or worse than other independent shops I visited.  (I'm thinking directly of Digital Press)  Maybe others have been more than once have a different take.
I haven't been to Digital Press in years...is it any good now? The last time I was there, the selection was: common games. But the display cases were nicely done!
Title: Re: Video Games New York
Post by: Deletion on 05/23/2013, 07:48 PM
I've never been to the store, but VGNY has had a booth at PAX East. Their booth was impressive due to the large number of sought-after games that were on display. But they know the going price of those games so you're not going to get any stupendous deals. On the flip side, I've seen the same "rare" games for each of the past 3 years at their booth which means they also don't sell at those prices. One cool thing is that they had a lot of import titles. At this year's event I picked up a couple of Japanese shmups for the 360 at (slightly) below eBay prices.
Title: Re: Video Games New York
Post by: turboswimbz on 05/23/2013, 07:59 PM
Quote from: esteban on 05/23/2013, 06:56 PM
Quote from: turboswimbz on 05/23/2013, 06:27 PMWhen I visited the prices were fair to high (for a brick and mortar) . But they have a ton of stuff. IMHO no better or worse than other independent shops I visited.  (I'm thinking directly of Digital Press)  Maybe others have been more than once have a different take.
I haven't been to Digital Press in years...is it any good now? The last time I was there, the selection was: common games. But the display cases were nicely done!
More or less true now.  he has some ultra rare stuff in his collection on display.   They have some rare stuff for sale but it's pretty highly priced. And they have like no PCE stuff - last visit turned up a populous and a beat up Timeball. both for $15.  honestly if your near the city videogamesNY is the better of the two for actually finding games.  neither is going to be a steal though.
Title: Re: Video Games New York
Post by: csgx1 on 05/24/2013, 12:31 AM
Looks like a neat place to browse.  $139 for a Famicom seems pretty pricey. 
Title: Re: Video Games New York
Post by: TheClash603 on 05/24/2013, 01:03 AM
I lived in NYC for a while and I didn't know there were any good used game shops.

Now there isn't even an arcade anymore.  RIP Chinatown.
Title: Re: Video Games New York
Post by: hoobs88 on 05/24/2013, 07:32 AM
I found that place when I went to NY. It was nice to browse but the rare titles were overpriced.
Title: Re: Video Games New York
Post by: Ninja Spirit on 05/24/2013, 12:25 PM
Quote from: csgx1 on 05/24/2013, 12:31 AMLooks like a neat place to browse.  $139 for a Famicom seems pretty pricey.   
That Twin Famicom was 399.99 IIRC. I now take back that "one of the best" part.
Title: Re: Video Games New York
Post by: Nazi NecroPhile on 05/24/2013, 12:27 PM
/48de7338b5bb11e2ac8422000a1fbf16_7.jpg

Needs more crayon.  :mrgreen:
Title: Re: Video Games New York
Post by: hoobs88 on 05/24/2013, 12:44 PM
Quote from: guest on 05/24/2013, 12:27 PMNeeds more crayon.  :mrgreen:
LOL
Title: Re: Video Games New York
Post by: esteban on 05/25/2013, 05:41 AM
Quote from: hoobs88 on 05/24/2013, 12:44 PM
Quote from: guest on 05/24/2013, 12:27 PMNeeds more crayon.  :mrgreen:
LOL
:pcgs::pcgs::pcgs: