PCEngine-FX.com

NEC PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16 Games/Consoles => PCE/TG-16|CD/SGX Discussion => Topic started by: Digi.k on 04/16/2006, 08:54 PM

Title: More hidden treasures!!
Post by: Digi.k on 04/16/2006, 08:54 PM
OMG I actually remember seeing these screenshots years and years ago... and I wonder what happened to these... I'm talking about the Batman platformer by Sunsoft!!

batmanpce1.webp

Check this guys website out and look at the links in the bottom!!  I also remember seeing that IREM game Meikyuu Jima Special advertised in the old japanese pc engine magazines too!!!  and look at those superfamicom prototypes XD

https://www.chrismcovell.com/secret.html

Check out the PC kid RPG!!!! theres even a scan of a page for a pc engine modem and I remember having a japanese pc engine mag that had those very pages!!!!
Title: More hidden treasures!!
Post by: Ninja Spirit on 04/16/2006, 09:05 PM
Hmm so that's what PC Engine Batman was supposed to be like before it got scrapped in favor of overhead Pac Man type gameplay?
Title: More hidden treasures!!
Post by: TurboXray on 04/16/2006, 11:03 PM
That's not just "this guys website" , that's Chris Covell's site.  :wink:
Title: More hidden treasures!!
Post by: handygrafx on 04/17/2006, 02:48 AM
Chris Covell rocks!

check out the funny comic he scanned about the SuperGrafx
https://www.chrismcovell.com/secret/MSC_1990Q2.html#comicswhy
wayback.disgruntleddesigner.com/chrisc/secrets9.html (https://web.archive.org/web/20050309003432if_/http://www.disgruntleddesigner.com/chrisc/secrets9.html)

(https://www.chrismcovell.com/secret/1991/comic3.jpg)

Quote3) 1st caption: PC-Engine Super Grafx: This is amazing!!! 2nd pic: the colour fades... 4th pic: BIG, EXPENSIVE, UNCOOL!!! That is not the way to make money!
(makes me sad!)
Title: More hidden treasures!!
Post by: Keranu on 04/17/2006, 03:37 AM
Chris Covell does indeed rock :D . I've seen that Super Grafx magazine scan before too on his site, haha.
Title: More hidden treasures!!
Post by: CrackTiger on 04/19/2006, 09:41 PM
Wow, that Batman game looks really cool. I especially like the Bat Cave scene.

Hopefully one day a "prototype" will get leaked online.
Title: More hidden treasures!!
Post by: motdelbuort on 04/21/2006, 11:56 PM
Looks like it would have been a very average and unremarkable platformer. Maybe I'm biased, because I love the Batman PC Engine game we got.

I wouldn't have minded a port of the NES Batman, like the Genesis got though. That was awesome.
Title: More hidden treasures!!
Post by: Keranu on 04/22/2006, 01:47 AM
Quote from: motdelbuortMaybe I'm biased, because I love the Batman PC Engine game we got..
:) I love you.
Title: More hidden treasures!!
Post by: akamichi on 04/22/2006, 01:50 AM
I remember those pictures.  I was pretty disappointed since I love those kind of platformers.  Back then I also had the NES version so I was really looking forward to the PCE version.  

I didn't even know it was changed to a puzzle style game until right before it came out.  Eventually I bought the MD version instead since it was a platformer.

At least Sunsoft used one of my fav NES Batman tunes in the PCE version.  That was a nice touch.