PCEngine-FX.com

NEC PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16 Games/Consoles => PCE/TG-16|CD/SGX Discussion => Topic started by: syphic on 05/29/2014, 02:33 AM

Title: Turbografx Molds?
Post by: syphic on 05/29/2014, 02:33 AM
Get a kick out of this...
1391734317782140.webp
https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=1391734317782140
Title: Re: Turbografx Molds?
Post by: Tatsujin on 05/29/2014, 03:19 AM
already seen on FB ;)

did you get any more informations about it in the mean while? :)
Title: Re: Turbografx Molds?
Post by: JoshTurboTrollX on 05/29/2014, 09:49 AM
Now this is a thread that is JUST PERFECT for fighting street!!!



Regardless, very cool find.  Are you the same guy that posted these on the FB group?  You found them at a thrift store and gave in to peer pressure with all the chummers yell'n at you for not picking them up initially?  LOL
Title: Re: Turbografx Molds?
Post by: tggodfrey on 05/29/2014, 04:06 PM
Its a master power switch with remove switch control.  Kinda boring if you ask me.
Title: Re: Turbografx Molds?
Post by: esteban on 05/29/2014, 07:01 PM
I don't do FaceBook. WTF is that thing in the image. Is it for real, or a gag? I'm serious. My bat senses are failing me!  :pcgs:
Title: Re: Turbografx Molds?
Post by: HailingTheThings on 05/29/2014, 11:15 PM
Interesting.
Title: Re: Turbografx Molds?
Post by: MotherGunner on 05/30/2014, 01:42 AM
Does it go with the Jaguar Dental Imaging Equipment?

(https://web.archive.org/web/20150726094803im_/http://www.fromthedpad.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/JaguarDental.jpg)
Title: Re: Turbografx Molds?
Post by: tggodfrey on 05/30/2014, 06:34 AM
Its a master power switch.  popular back in the 80's, you plugged all your components into the switchboard and this was the remote that sat on your desk to turn all your components on.  I remember seeing one in our store room 13 years ago right before it went in the dumpster.
Title: Re: Turbografx Molds?
Post by: esteban on 05/30/2014, 08:15 AM
I love this thread. I never knew that designs so seemingly unique (TurboPad, Jaguar) were recycled for other purposes.

Sure, I'd expect recycling of  generic-looking designs...


...next you'll be telling me there is a MegaDrive answering machine out there!
Title: Re: Turbografx Molds?
Post by: MotherGunner on 05/31/2014, 01:10 AM
Quote from: guest on 05/30/2014, 07:56 AMMg... that is the most awesome thing ever. Lol... I'm glad I decided to Google it before calling BS. How odd that the Jag should have such a fate.
Ha ha, thought you'd like it.  I actually found out directly from a company rep here in the SF Bay Area who was a gamer.  He said they bought the molds directly from Atari and just repurposed them for the dental products.

More Ref Material here:

http://www.1up.com/news/atari-jaguar-revived-dental-camera (http://www.1up.com/news/atari-jaguar-revived-dental-camera)

And

(?action=dlattach&topic=10558&attach=3599&image)
HotRod DS-final.pdf (https://web.archive.org/web/20040401182655id_/http://www.imaginsystems.com/Graphics/HotRod%20DS-final.pdf)
Title: Re: Turbografx Molds?
Post by: Phase on 06/02/2014, 12:45 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-Jaguar-new-White-Plastic-Console-Replacement-Covers-/110804896487?pt=US_Video_Game_Cases_Bags&hash=item19cc7c8ae7 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-Jaguar-new-White-Plastic-Console-Replacement-Covers-/110804896487?pt=US_Video_Game_Cases_Bags&hash=item19cc7c8ae7)
saw these on ebay a while back

sounds brag worthy
yeah modded my jag with the white dental shell  8)
Title: Re: Turbografx Molds?
Post by: HailingTheThings on 06/02/2014, 02:32 AM
Quote from: Phase on 06/02/2014, 12:45 AMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-Jaguar-new-White-Plastic-Console-Replacement-Covers-/110804896487?pt=US_Video_Game_Cases_Bags&hash=item19cc7c8ae7 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-Jaguar-new-White-Plastic-Console-Replacement-Covers-/110804896487?pt=US_Video_Game_Cases_Bags&hash=item19cc7c8ae7)
saw these on ebay a while back

sounds brag worthy
yeah modded my jag with the white dental shell  8)
Oh, wow.
Title: Re: Turbografx Molds?
Post by: Nazi NecroPhile on 06/02/2014, 01:33 PM
Neat find.

Quote from: tggodfrey on 05/30/2014, 06:34 AMIts a master power switch.  popular back in the 80's, you plugged all your components into the switchboard and this was the remote that sat on your desk to turn all your components on.  I remember seeing one in our store room 13 years ago right before it went in the dumpster.
Nobody gives a fuck what it does, you tool.