PCEngine-FX.com

NEC PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16 Games/Consoles => PCE/TG-16|CD/SGX Discussion => Topic started by: CrackTiger on 07/27/2014, 06:53 PM

Title: PC Engine Wedding Music
Post by: CrackTiger on 07/27/2014, 06:53 PM
I got married near my hometown on Tuesday and since I am tech savvy enough to operate The Google, I was left in charge of the music. To keep things simple and to suit the venue, I put together a mix CD to play on a little boombox during the ceremony and reception. The overall mix was wedding-friendly classical, but I had just enough room to sneak these two PC Engine game tracks in there:

superpcenginegrafx .net/misc/weddingkabuki.mp3
wayback://superpcenginegrafx.net/misc/weddingneo.mp3 (https://web.archive.org/web/20221130094337id_/https://superpcenginegrafx.net/misc/weddingneo.mp3)
http://web.archive.org/web/20221130094337id_/https://superpcenginegrafx.net/misc/weddingneo.mp3

If I couldn't have some kind of cyberpunk PC Engine-themed wedding, I was at least going to have some quality PCE music tied to the occasion.
Title: Re: PC Engine Wedding Music
Post by: NightWolve on 07/27/2014, 07:14 PM
CrackTiger got married ? Pics or it didn't happen!! ;) j/k

Well, congratulations man!!! I wasn't sure if this was serious at first TBH cause it was kind of very out of character to see you mention something about your personal life. You've been all games or whatever subject-wise, no Facebook type stuff and what not.

Not sure what I think of using the PCE tracks for the ceremony, I find it both a bit fanboy excess and charming I guess. ;)
Title: Re: PC Engine Wedding Music
Post by: HailingTheThings on 07/27/2014, 08:10 PM
If I ever get married, I think I might want to, without telling any of the guests, hire a helicopter to pick up the wife and I, with a rope ladder, while blasting industrial music, while we scream "Fuck You!" into megaphones at the end of the ceremony. Picturing it in my head. Seems really cool. Now, I want to get married, just for that.
Title: Re: PC Engine Wedding Music
Post by: johnnymad on 07/27/2014, 10:31 PM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 07/27/2014, 08:10 PMIf I ever get married, I think I might want to, without telling any of the guests, hire a helicopter to pick up the wife and I, with a rope ladder, while blasting industrial music, while we scream "Fuck You!" into megaphones at the end of the ceremony. Picturing it in my head. Seems really cool. Now, I want to get married, just for that.
I'm sure the in-laws will love you for that one.
Title: Re: PC Engine Wedding Music
Post by: TheClash603 on 07/27/2014, 11:34 PM
Congrats on the wedding!

Very cool you snuck in some PCE.  I don't know if I will ever get married, but I would want to mix up some of the traditional nature of the ceremony for sure.
Title: Re: PC Engine Wedding Music
Post by: HailingTheThings on 07/28/2014, 01:18 AM
Quote from: johnnymad on 07/27/2014, 10:31 PM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 07/27/2014, 08:10 PMIf I ever get married, I think I might want to, without telling any of the guests, hire a helicopter to pick up the wife and I, with a rope ladder, while blasting industrial music, while we scream "Fuck You!" into megaphones at the end of the ceremony. Picturing it in my head. Seems really cool. Now, I want to get married, just for that.
I'm sure the in-laws will love you for that one.
I sure as Abraham, hope so.
Title: Re: PC Engine Wedding Music
Post by: ParanoiaDragon on 07/28/2014, 03:21 AM
Nice, congrats BT!!
Title: Re: PC Engine Wedding Music
Post by: reson8er on 07/28/2014, 10:15 AM
Congratulations! That's true love for the PCE and the Bride as well!
Title: Re: PC Engine Wedding Music
Post by: TurboXray on 07/28/2014, 10:49 AM
Congrats B T! Nice one :D
Title: Re: PC Engine Wedding Music
Post by: Tatsujin on 07/28/2014, 11:15 AM
lol, just watching Heartburn while reading this :lol:

congrats BT :D
Title: Re: PC Engine Wedding Music
Post by: Nazi NecroPhile on 07/28/2014, 11:57 AM
Congratulations on the nuptials, and kudos to you for sneaking in a little OBEY tunes.

I'd never pick my own tunes, else I probably start out with User Friendly by Marilyn Manson with choice lyrics like "I'm not in love, but I'm gonna fuck you until something better comes along".  :twisted:
Title: Re: PC Engine Wedding Music
Post by: RyuHayabusa on 07/28/2014, 02:52 PM
That's pretty cool. I'm getting married this upcoming Sunday and I'd like to sneak in some Falcom tunes but it just ain't gonna happen, lol.
Title: Re: PC Engine Wedding Music
Post by: JoshTurboTrollX on 07/28/2014, 03:41 PM
congrats on your Far East of Eden wedding!!
Title: Re: PC Engine Wedding Music
Post by: roflmao on 07/28/2014, 08:19 PM
Most excellent!  Congrats, BT!
Title: Re: PC Engine Wedding Music
Post by: Nazi NecroPhile on 07/29/2014, 10:40 AM
So, did you forgo the traditional tuxedo and instead dress up like Kabuki Danjuro?

Perhaps you saved that for the honeymoon.  :mrgreen:
Title: Re: PC Engine Wedding Music
Post by: CrackTiger on 07/29/2014, 11:59 AM
Thanks for all the congratulating. :)


Quote from: Nulltard on 07/28/2014, 11:25 AMCongrats, man! The only way to top this would be to actually marry a PC Engine. :lol: 
Well, I am physically bonded with one for the rest of my life.
Title: Re: PC Engine Wedding Music
Post by: SuperPlay on 08/04/2014, 05:57 AM
Nice touch :0) and congratulation on getting married.
Title: Re: PC Engine Wedding Music
Post by: seieienbu on 08/04/2014, 08:55 AM
Congratulations!  Nice selections on the music as well.
Title: PC Engine Wedding Music
Post by: esteban on 08/23/2014, 02:02 PM
Quote from: guest on 07/27/2014, 06:53 PMI got married near my hometown on Tuesday and since I am tech savvy enough to operate The Google, I was left in charge of the music. To keep things simple and to suit the venue, I put together a mix CD to play on a little boombox during the ceremony and reception. The overall mix was wedding-friendly classical, but I had just enough room to sneak these two PC Engine game tracks in there:

superpcenginegrafx .net/misc/weddingkabuki.mp3
wayback://superpcenginegrafx.net/misc/weddingneo.mp3 (https://web.archive.org/web/20221130094337id_/https://superpcenginegrafx.net/misc/weddingneo.mp3)
http://web.archive.org/web/20221130094337id_/https://superpcenginegrafx.net/misc/weddingneo.mp3

If I couldn't have some kind of cyberpunk PC Engine-themed wedding, I was at least going to have some quality PCE music tied to the occasion.
Dude! How did I miss this!?

Congratulations!

 (https://junk.tg-16.com/images/pcgb.gif)  (https://junk.tg-16.com/images/pcgb.gif)  (https://junk.tg-16.com/images/pcgb.gif)  (https://junk.tg-16.com/images/pcgb.gif)  (https://junk.tg-16.com/images/pcgb.gif)  (https://junk.tg-16.com/images/pcgb.gif)  (https://junk.tg-16.com/images/pcgb.gif)  (https://junk.tg-16.com/images/pcgb.gif)