PCEngine-FX.com

Other Discussions => General Gaming => Topic started by: TurboGrafx on 02/15/2015, 11:08 PM

Title: Sweet Home
Post by: TurboGrafx on 02/15/2015, 11:08 PM
Did anyone ever play this? It looks awesome and is said to be the precursor to the resident evil series!

http://youtu.be/MeOPW2DSLeo
Title: Re: Sweet Home
Post by: TR0N on 02/16/2015, 03:50 AM
I have it's a interesting mix of a rpg and survival horror.Sweet Home is often credited for the influence of resident evil.
Title: Re: Sweet Home
Post by: Medic_wheat on 02/16/2015, 06:21 PM
It is a very very good game. I have a repro of it with the English translation.

I have yet to complete it but it is very very good.

There is strategy and the writing/graphic reminds me of uninvited

It is also a import game that has risen in price due to popularity. It probably could be played as an import game but not without a guid.

Look at this on eBay:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=231166040840 (http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=231166040840)

Sweet Home Nintendo Famicom Japan


Currently for a CIB copy it is at the $70 dollar mark.  But I would guess that a CIB copy was going for the $25-30 mark even two years ago before it being a hidden gem more common knowledge.


But for $20 less you can get a translated repro copy

Or free if you put it on a Everdrive minus the inital cost of a ever drive.
Title: Re: Sweet Home
Post by: DeshDildo on 02/16/2015, 07:51 PM
Yeah... I love this game.  I made myself a copy a few years ago and live it.
Title: Re: Sweet Home
Post by: Miracle_Warrior on 02/17/2015, 03:06 PM
I have yet to play it, but I've heard there's one particular part of the game that was pretty messed up (uncharted territory) at the time.  I do have a copy of it that I have been meaning to play, I just need to find the time.
Title: Re: Sweet Home
Post by: TurboGrafx on 02/17/2015, 08:15 PM
I need to pick the game up!
Title: Re: Sweet Home
Post by: Bloufo on 02/17/2015, 10:38 PM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 02/16/2015, 06:21 PMCurrently for a CIB copy it is at the $70 dollar mark.  But I would guess that a CIB copy was going for the $25-30 mark even two years ago before it being a hidden gem more common knowledge.
This is true. As I recall I got my CIB copy for under $20. That was back in late 2012.
As soon as a prominent YT channel does one of these "hidden gems" discoveries/reviews, the masses go ballistic and drive up the price.
Title: Re: Sweet Home
Post by: TurboGrafx on 02/21/2015, 10:12 AM
Ordered this game! Can't wait to try it.
Title: Re: Sweet Home
Post by: Ninja Spirit on 02/28/2015, 05:45 AM
Beat the English ROM like 14 years ago.