Hi guys!
My name is Ryan and I am here, because a few months ago a friend of mine had me over, and he had just gotten a Duo. We played the 3 in one CD game that included the two bonks games and Gates of thunder.
I was truly amazed at the shooter, and the bonk games as well. (Never played a NEC nor knew anyone that has every owned one)
It was an extremely cool system, and so I decided to purchase a TG16 unit when I stumbled across it for a decent price. I purchased a few games, like Blazing lazers, and Cybercore, and Devils crush. By that point I had been bitten by the NEC bug. Now I am currently on the hunt for a Duo update from my TG16 as I do want to be able to play CD and Super CD games. and it seems the best way to do that is getting a Duo.
Anyways,
I just wanted to introduce myself, and thank you for having an amazing forum on this totally amazing system.
~ Ryan
Welcome aboard! :D
Welcome to the site.
Hello there. Welcome =D> Much better introduction than mine.
Welcome, comrade. :)
Well I just was really blown away. Like you always hear stuff about these systems. But I really think it knocks the socks off of the other 16 bit systems.
The amount of sprites on screen with 0 slow down really won me over. I love how powerful it is for the 8/16 bit system it is. It does not do some things as well as the SNES or genesis, but I really just fell in love with the system.
I hope to learn a lot on here, and maybe re-home my old TG16 to someone who would like it, as I wont be needing it since I will soon have a duo.
Quote from: 780racer on 08/05/2015, 07:40 PMWell I just was really blown away. Like you always hear stuff about these systems. But I really think it knocks the socks off of the other 16 bit systems.
The amount of sprites on screen with 0 slow down really won me over. I love how powerful it is for the 8/16 bit system it is. It does not do some things as well as the SNES or genesis, but I really just fell in love with the system.
I hope to learn a lot on here, and maybe re-home my old TG16 to someone who would like it, as I wont be needing it since I will soon have a duo.
Don't worry, you will learn.
Learn
To
Obey
Welcome. If you 've got the time to learn, learn about the wonders the PC engine has to offer, then hope over to Kieth Courage's or torboken's threads to pick up a DUO.
Also post over on the What game are you playing thread!
I'm going to try to play some Atlantian homebrew myself
If i ever win this war with Esteban. How does he respond and read all these threads, he must be a god among obey
welcome ! :D
if you need infos on wich game to try next be sure to ask us 8)
Quote from: turboswimbz on 08/05/2015, 07:49 PMIf i ever win this war with Esteban. How does he respond and read all these threads, he is a god among obey
Fixed
And greetings 780!
I will for sure contact Keith, as I have a fellow retro gamer friend who had a great experience with him. (Keith's duo is the one I played). I Need to look at the FS Thread, and find out what a TG16 is worth with power/RF. I want to keep the controller, as I just love the color scheme. Maybe Keith would take partial trade in towards a Duo.
I am extremely excited to get the 3 in 1 disc, and play Gate of Thunder again.
no need to "have" to go CD, there are many HuCard games all over the place, everywhere, and many are better than CD stuff.
Quote from: turboswimbz on 08/05/2015, 07:49 PMI'm going to try to play some Atlantian homebrew myself
If i ever win this war with Esteban.
I have been running errands all day, so my phone is on perma-pcefx...
A TSUNAMI COULD BE HEADING FOR NJ and I'd be arguing about autofire vs manliness.
Welcome!
http://youtu.be/kO6BtpIzIiM
"All night, all night, girl!"
Color Me B.A.D.
Beastly
Alien
Dudes
Quote from: esteban on 08/05/2015, 11:13 PMColor Me B.A.D.
Beastly
Alien
Dudes
So much this! Needs another "D." though. How 'bout:
Beasly
Alien
Diddle*
Dudes
(?)
*They are all about that effing afterall, yes?
Mew mew mew
Tits tits tits
Mewtits mewtits mewtits
(https://i.imgur.com/QFEKnNZ.jpg)
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 08/05/2015, 11:37 PM(https://i.imgur.com/QFEKnNZ.jpg)
WTF am I looking at?!
Quote from: esteban on 08/06/2015, 12:05 AMY U NO OBEY, SIRHCMAN?
Johnny Turbo told me not to!
Welcome to Pcenginefx!
Well I really appreciate the warm welcome guys. Thank you.
Tonight I played a good bit of Blazing Lazers, as I prefer it over Cybercore or Dragon Spirit. I think just the colors/art is better in blazing lasers.
Seems the Cybercore/dragon spirit colors are just more.... Washed out...
Considering I am also gaming on the RF converter I'm sure I am not getting a great picture. But that is currently my favorite Shmup besides of course Gate of Thunder, but alas... I can only play that are a friends house, haha
Anyways, I want to get that cool Gauntlet style game (4-5 player) and a turbo Tap. It seems like it would be a lot of fun.
In response to a earlier comment, I know Hue cards are great, not arguing that at all. I am just simply more interested in being able to play Rondo as I do love the Castlevania series, and again... all of the great CD shmups, as well as the Hue card shmups.
I really look forward to one day getting a Duo.
Looked a bit on Ebay/Gaming stores near me.
Ebay I found a dude with a Duo with "New caps, and Region mod" that would sell it to me for 350 shipped. But I feel that is a good bit over priced, however... That was the cheapest one I could find looking at most "Conventional" places. Saw a few Duo-Rs go for less than 100, but were console only, and looked more than a little rough.
There is not a single Duo for sale in the entire state of MN that I can find. Hell its hard enough finding Hue/turbo cards. (Only one store, and I already picked through them).
So the search goes on I do believe. I don't expect the deal of the century, but getting a nice Duo with S-vid/region mod is really all I want + recapped. Ill keep looking I guess. I have been reading a good bit on here, and it seems if I stay active and actually am not a "Collectard" or Ebay dick I may get contacted by the "Chosen ones" haha. But its good to check all avenues. Thanks for any and all help as well guys!
~ Ryan
Just get one of Keith Courage's recapped, region-modded, s-video-modded duos.
Welcome, man. I'm just in the early stages of my NEC journey also and looking forward to unearthing all its delights. I'm still in RF land too...MAKE IT STOP!!!
Quote from: 780racer on 08/06/2015, 01:13 AMWell I really appreciate the warm welcome guys. Thank you.
Tonight I played a good bit of Blazing Lazers, as I prefer it over Cybercore or Dragon Spirit. I think just the colors/art is better in blazing lasers.
Seems the Cybercore/dragon spirit colors are just more.... Washed out...
Anyways, I want to get that cool Gauntlet style game (4-5 player) and a turbo Tap. It seems like it would be a lot of fun.
The game is known as LE DUNGEON EXPLORER.
Even single-player, it is great.
The sprites and color palette of Blazing Lazers make it much more aesthetically pleasing than Cybercore + Dragon Spirit.
As far as enjoyment: all of them provide great entertainment.
:)
I went ahead and messaged Keith, and look forward to hearing good news. :D
Also I guess I need to get a cable that will convert from a 8 DIN or a 8 Mini DIN/ a TG16 Turbo stick I have to the Duo, as I do want to keep it, and maybe change the ball out to a black on, so it looks more...... "Clean" when I hook it up to the Duo....
Welcome aboard!
You can get reasonably priced replacement cables on ebay to swap your DIN for a mini-DIN. I think the TurboStick's use the same internal connector, but you should open it up and check before ordering.
Welcome aboard, matey!
Welcome!
welcome to the forum. Look into getting yourself a turbo everdrive to play any hucards, you want. This allows you to test before you buy, and also will allow you to try out PC engine hucards on your US console.
Checked the TurboStick and its soldered on. I should be able to just get a extender that goes from the TG to Duo connector though, Correct?
yes... there was a guy on here making 6 ft adapters at one point. not sure if he still does. he made me one and it works great.
Quote from: 780racer on 08/10/2015, 11:55 AMChecked the TurboStick and its soldered on. I should be able to just get a extender that goes from the TG to Duo connector though, Correct?
Yep. That'll work, but they're not as easy to find.
For a second there, I thought you might be from Edmonton with the 780 prefix. Welcome to the community :).
Yes, and I believe NEC had official TG-16 controller to Duo system adapter about the time Duo first came out.
Quote from: Miracle_Warrior on 08/10/2015, 12:39 PMFor a second there, I thought you might be from Edmonton with the 780 prefix. Welcome to the community :).
My first car was a 780 Bertone Volvo. I did a bunch of mods to it and made it a fast little car. The 780 from that point on just stuck, as I loved that little car so much.
Yeap, So I need a turbo tap, another Duo controller (at least maybe 2) and " LE DUNGEON EXPLORER".
I have thought it over, and I guess I will keep my TG16 stuff with the TG16 system and duo stuff separate. Wouldn't mind a cool Arcade stick for the duo if they made one that isnt poop quality. #TimeToSeachTheThings