PCEngine-FX.com

Other Discussions => Off-Topic => Topic started by: MNKyDeth on 06/24/2016, 01:28 PM

Title: Gaming sales and Drunkenness?
Post by: MNKyDeth on 06/24/2016, 01:28 PM
Who here spends money on games like a maniacal crack whore when drunk?!!


/me slowly raises hand





/DISCUSS!!!
Title: Re: Gaming sales and Drunkenness?
Post by: Nazi NecroPhile on 06/24/2016, 01:33 PM
Not me.  If I'm drinking I'm not on a computer (or my phone) to buy stuff online and I sure as fuck ain't driving to stores.
Title: Re: Gaming sales and Drunkenness?
Post by: crazydean on 06/24/2016, 09:06 PM
Never had an issue with this. I tend to plan out my purchases. I'm not so good with impulse decisions.
Title: Re: Gaming sales and Drunkenness?
Post by: SignOfZeta on 06/24/2016, 10:35 PM
With me its synthesizers and...another substance, but yes. I can imagine it being a real problem. It never has been though.
Title: Re: Gaming sales and Drunkenness?
Post by: wildfruit on 06/25/2016, 12:10 AM
Haven't been drunk for about 5 or 6 years. Last time I was I ordered an adult channel that promised "discreetness ". Next day they call the house to ask if I'm enjoying the service and the wife answers.
NEVER AGAIN
Title: Re: Gaming sales and Drunkenness?
Post by: esteban on 06/25/2016, 03:25 AM
Quote from: wildfruit on 06/25/2016, 12:10 AMHaven't been drunk for about 5 or 6 years. Last time I was I ordered an adult channel that promised "discreetness ". Next day they call the house to ask if I'm enjoying the service and the wife answers.
NEVER AGAIN
Jahahajajaha. :)
Title: Re: Gaming sales and Drunkenness?
Post by: TheClash603 on 06/25/2016, 04:43 AM
Quote from: wildfruit on 06/25/2016, 12:10 AMHaven't been drunk for about 5 or 6 years. Last time I was I ordered an adult channel that promised "discreetness ". Next day they call the house to ask if I'm enjoying the service and the wife answers.
NEVER AGAIN
What channel?  I hope JOMG
Title: Re: Gaming sales and Drunkenness?
Post by: Arbitern1 on 06/25/2016, 08:57 AM
I've always been prone to binge buy small video game purchases when drunk. Now I stay off the phone and computer when I'm drinking.
Title: Re: Gaming sales and Drunkenness?
Post by: bob on 06/25/2016, 09:04 AM
yes, i have.
i was determined to win might and magic 3 one night while i was at the bar.  i won.
i have also had things show up the mail that i forgot i bought a few days earlier.  that has always been small stuff.
Title: Re: Gaming sales and Drunkenness?
Post by: ClodBusted on 06/25/2016, 12:40 PM
Not video games, but I remember myself being in a pub 3 years ago and buying an old Lego Space Police II heavy spaceship from the early 90s, via eBay.

I don't regret it.
Title: Re: Gaming sales and Drunkenness?
Post by: wildfruit on 06/25/2016, 01:23 PM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 06/25/2016, 04:43 AM
Quote from: wildfruit on 06/25/2016, 12:10 AMHaven't been drunk for about 5 or 6 years. Last time I was I ordered an adult channel that promised "discreetness ". Next day they call the house to ask if I'm enjoying the service and the wife answers.
NEVER AGAIN
What channel?  I hope JOMG
It was television X.
Title: Re: Gaming sales and Drunkenness?
Post by: TR0N on 06/25/2016, 04:29 PM
Quote from: wildfruit on 06/25/2016, 12:10 AMHaven't been drunk for about 5 or 6 years. Last time I was I ordered an adult channel that promised "discreetness ". Next day they call the house to ask if I'm enjoying the service and the wife answers.
NEVER AGAIN
Haaa busted !!!
Title: Re: Gaming sales and Drunkenness?
Post by: bartre on 06/25/2016, 06:20 PM
Oddly enough, the only things I ever drunk buy are thing that I've been putting off.

Example- I had needed a couple new charging cables & an aux cable for my phone.
I was out at the bar waiting for my friends to come back inside and boom, ordered.
Title: Re: Gaming sales and Drunkenness?
Post by: ToyMachine78 on 06/25/2016, 08:21 PM
Quote from: MNKyDeth on 06/24/2016, 01:28 PMWho here spends money on games like a maniacal crack whore when drunk?!!


/me slowly raises hand





/DISCUSS!!!
I used to do this.... Thank God I got the point where I'm satisfied with what I have. Drunk ebaying is a killer
Title: Re: Gaming sales and Drunkenness?
Post by: ToyMachine78 on 06/25/2016, 08:22 PM
Quote from: wildfruit on 06/25/2016, 12:10 AMHaven't been drunk for about 5 or 6 years. Last time I was I ordered an adult channel that promised "discreetness ". Next day they call the house to ask if I'm enjoying the service and the wife answers.
NEVER AGAIN
Lmfao!!!! [emoji3]
Title: Re: Gaming sales and Drunkenness?
Post by: Sarumaru on 06/25/2016, 08:48 PM
Quote from: bartre on 06/25/2016, 06:20 PMOddly enough, the only things I ever drunk buy are thing that I've been putting off.

Example- I had needed a couple new charging cables & an aux cable for my phone.
I was out at the bar waiting for my friends to come back inside and boom, ordered.
I do something similar to this, except it's more of a mental list of games that I say I am not going to buy due to price... then go into 'fuck it' mode and buy them when under the influence of stuff.
Title: Re: Gaming sales and Drunkenness?
Post by: ToyMachine78 on 06/25/2016, 09:24 PM
The last game I just about bought under the influence was Steam Hearts. Had hit Japan has one, I would have bought it. He gives me crazy deals
Title: Re: Gaming sales and Drunkenness?
Post by: jtucci31 on 06/26/2016, 03:01 PM
Quote from: guest on 06/25/2016, 09:24 PMThe last game I just about bought under the influence was Steam Hearts. Had hit Japan has one, I would have bought it. He gives me crazy deals
You could have just watched porn and played another shooter for cheaper :wink:
Title: Re: Gaming sales and Drunkenness?
Post by: MNKyDeth on 06/26/2016, 03:26 PM
Woo, glad I am not alone then...

I don't drink and buy often but when I do, especially during sales like the steam sale going on currently sometimes I just flip a blind eye to the bank account and go to town.

However my purchases are typically low cost sale games, there has been a couple times I am sure where I have spent a good amount on something I just had to have at that moment.

In the end I am never driving obviously, but surfing on the computer or on the phone or showing my brothers cool stuff and stumble upon something ... etc.
Title: Re: Gaming sales and Drunkenness?
Post by: ToyMachine78 on 06/27/2016, 10:00 AM
Quote from: guest on 06/26/2016, 03:01 PM
Quote from: guest on 06/25/2016, 09:24 PMThe last game I just about bought under the influence was Steam Hearts. Had hit Japan has one, I would have bought it. He gives me crazy deals
You could have just watched porn and played another shooter for cheaper :wink:
Screw that. If I'm drinking and watching porn, it's gonna be with the wife. No time for obey!
Title: Re: Gaming sales and Drunkenness?
Post by: poponon on 06/27/2016, 02:27 PM
Quote from: bartre on 06/25/2016, 06:20 PMOddly enough, the only things I ever drunk buy are thing that I've been putting off.

Example- I had needed a couple new charging cables & an aux cable for my phone.
I was out at the bar waiting for my friends to come back inside and boom, ordered.
I do the same kind of thing. I'm such a cheapskate that's its a bit relieving to get a couple small things when drinking
Title: Re: Gaming sales and Drunkenness?
Post by: BigusSchmuck on 07/01/2016, 08:42 PM
My wife is going to kill me when she finds out I bought $80 worth of Neogeo controllers on the bay. Bad time to be drunk buying.
Title: Re: Gaming sales and Drunkenness?
Post by: xcrement5x on 07/05/2016, 04:58 PM
I used to do this occasionally but rarely anymore since I don't drink as much anymore.  Maybe I will again now that the second kiddo is born. 

Anymore I just set snipes and wait to see if I won or lost a week later.