I assume most folks knew this, but the vocal tracks in the Final Zone II soundtrack were re-recorded for the US - not just new lyrics, but new instrumentation and the like. I will eventually get to the bottom of who recorded them, and other stuff related to that, but for now, compare and contrast!
http://youtu.be/vVyx2GoPzTg
http://youtu.be/l9cMXdErtis?t=2m43s
http://youtu.be/2OBjRp0AaXw
http://youtu.be/fq5A4h3DRYg
Yeah, I always found the US version to have "superior" instrumentation. Thanks for posting it and please find the Laser Soft US localization team for us, that would be amazing.
which mystery, like who wrote them? they're kind of a rough, rhyme-ier translation of the japanese lyrics!
Jahahajajaha!
Exodus is biting my moves :)
Since folks are lazy...
http://youtu.be/2qCP4hMlcZI
http://youtu.be/1hXHRHmChBo
ANCIENT HISTORY:
http://web.archive.org/web/20050502010846/http://home.comcast.net/~turbografx-preservation-society/final_zone_II_2_opening_theme_lyrics.html
http://web.archive.org/web/20050502014227/http://home.comcast.net/~turbografx-preservation-society/final_zone_II_2_momoko_song_lyrics.html
He's definitely saying "Let's hurry before it's late" btw!! He just has a sort of new jersey accent that's making it sound like "harry" which made you think "carry," but hurry sure makes more sense!
Quote from: exodus on 08/04/2016, 02:36 PMHe's definitely saying "Let's hurry before it's late" btw!! He just has a sort of new jersey accent that's making it sound like "harry" which made you think "carry," but hurry sure makes more sense!
Oh yes, "hurry" makes the most sense, but I've been singing "Carrie" "Harry" "Barry" since the game was released. It was an inside joke with my brothers :)
I kept all my brother's stuff because he's ridiculous. :)
PRO TIP: add, in a singing voice,
"...with Bazookas" to any conversation.
"with bazookas" is definitely my favorite bit!