I'm looking at thesteve's component board found at : https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=13231.0
and wondering... Could this be used to convert VGA to component? I know this is really built for console side, but could it work anyway? I know it would need to include a a sync combiner... but, thoughts?
Assuming that your talking about a standard definition tube tv, it will not work. The sync signal is about 2/3 higher than what it's expecting. However there are cheap vga to s-video adaptors and composite. And higher end vga to component adaptors that can correct the signal to what a standard tube is expecting.
Quote from: Eddiesamma on 02/09/2017, 07:50 PMAssuming that your talking about a standard definition tube tv
I actually had in mind a EDTV 480p LCD.
Quote from: Eddiesamma on 02/09/2017, 07:50 PMAnd higher end vga to component adaptors that can correct the signal to what a standard tube is expecting.
What got me thinking about this in the first place is that I have yet to find, cheap or otherwise, a decent converter. They all do a horrible job, producing a crummy signal.
When I say high end I mean on the buy an n.e.c. broadcast monitor instead price range lol
Quote from: Eddiesamma on 02/11/2017, 10:32 PMWhen I say high end I mean on the buy an n.e.c. broadcast monitor instead price range lol
Thus why I was trying to get creative with this idea. :)