PCEngine-FX.com

NEC PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16 Games/Consoles => PCE/TG-16|CD/SGX Discussion => Topic started by: MissaFX on 02/19/2008, 07:47 PM

Title: My CG II actually arrived today
Post by: MissaFX on 02/19/2008, 07:47 PM
It took like 60 days, but my CG II has finally arrived.  I am pretty annoyed that Hit-Japan has refused to respond to any of my emails since the 3rd of Feb.  I have no idea what their problem was, but I am just glad it is here.  I do have one question though, is it normal for it to sometimes boot up with just like a white screen?  But if you turn it off and back on it will boot the game normally?
Title: Re: My CG II actually arrived today
Post by: OldRover on 02/19/2008, 07:53 PM
Well it's about goddamn time.

As for the white screen, it just means the card isn't seated properly, or the connection is incomplete.
Title: Re: My CG II actually arrived today
Post by: nectarsis on 02/19/2008, 08:09 PM
Congrats   :)  The wait is FINALLY over.
Title: Re: My CG II actually arrived today
Post by: guyjin on 02/19/2008, 09:01 PM
wow, I thought they'd taken your money and run for sure.

As for the white screen, if it keeps happening, you may wanna open the thing and clean the contacts.
Title: Re: My CG II actually arrived today
Post by: bust3dstr8 on 02/19/2008, 09:01 PM
WoooHoooo Missa!!!!!!!!!

Take a can of compressed air and blast the vents and card slot to get the dust out,
you never know how long that thing may have sat.
Title: Re: My CG II actually arrived today
Post by: MissaFX on 02/19/2008, 10:49 PM
Quote from: bust3dstr8 on 02/19/2008, 09:01 PMWoooHoooo Missa!!!!!!!!!

Take a can of compressed air and blast the vents and card slot to get the dust out,
you never know how long that thing may have sat.
I tried some compressed air at first but this thing is sooo clean and scuff free it's like practically new.  It even came with the little piece to cover the back port :D

I'm going to order a screwdriver and then I'll open it up and check out the contacts.
Title: Re: My CG II actually arrived today
Post by: Keranu on 02/20/2008, 12:11 AM
Congratulations !! Now you can finally enjoy one of the finest systems ever made.
Title: Re: My CG II actually arrived today
Post by: Nazi NecroPhile on 02/20/2008, 12:44 AM
Finally!  What'd they do, send it via carrier pigeon?  Have fun with the best Japanese base PCE (best 'cause it's orange).

As for the white screen problem: it's a connection problem (like others have already said), but make sure you clean both the socket's and the HuCard's connections.
Title: Re: My CG II actually arrived today
Post by: Kitsunexus on 02/20/2008, 02:32 AM
Congratulations Missa! I'd still press charges or leave extremely negative feedback or something.
Title: Re: My CG II actually arrived today
Post by: Turbo D on 02/20/2008, 04:05 AM
congrats on finally receiving it Missa!  :) Now you can get started on some high quality shooters  :mrgreen:
Title: Re: My CG II actually arrived today
Post by: elnino on 02/20/2008, 04:58 AM
Glad to hear that you've finally got your system. I'm kinda surprised about the service from hit-japan because I have never run into problems with him so far.
Title: Re: My CG II actually arrived today
Post by: MissaFX on 02/20/2008, 11:14 AM
Quote from: elnino on 02/20/2008, 04:58 AMGlad to hear that you've finally got your system. I'm kinda surprised about the service from hit-japan because I have never run into problems with him so far.
I'm surprised too, but Hit-Japan refuses to this day to email me back, even to tell me why they will not email me back.  The last time I heard from them was the day they gave me an invalid EMS (people should note my package was not shipped EMS in the first place) tracking number for my package on the 3rd of Feb.  I haven't even accused them of anything, anything at all...yet.

At least I now know if anything, anything at all goes wrong with an order what the real face of Hit-Japan is:
(http://farm1.static.flickr.com/148/358280733_131e904008.jpg)
After I clean my teeth from the last ebayer, I'll get to you my pretty!
Title: Re: My CG II actually arrived today
Post by: Kitsunexus on 02/20/2008, 11:40 AM
I was thinking of picking up a PCE, but not from these guys.
Title: Re: My CG II actually arrived today
Post by: nat on 02/20/2008, 11:44 AM
Now that you have your car, there's no excuse not to spring for a SuperGrafx and that copy of Battle Ace.  :D
Title: Re: My CG II actually arrived today
Post by: Kitsunexus on 02/20/2008, 11:47 AM
Quote from: nat on 02/20/2008, 11:44 AMNow that you have your car, there's no excuse not to spring for a SuperGrafx and that copy of Battle Ace.  :D
I don't really want that anymore, just a normal PCE.
Title: Re: My CG II actually arrived today
Post by: nat on 02/20/2008, 11:49 AM
Why not? Too expensive?
Title: Re: My CG II actually arrived today
Post by: MissaFX on 02/20/2008, 11:54 AM
Quote from: Kitsunexus on 02/20/2008, 11:40 AMI was thinking of picking up a PCE, but not from these guys.
I'm honestly guessing at this point that their English speaking worker has changed, unless they are just shifty bastages who will try to cover up any problem that might exist.  

Since they really did mail out my CGII, I am totally confused as to why they are playing games with me and not just being upfront with me.  Ignoring customers, even ones you are not having 100% happy times with just doesn't seem like a way to treat someone trying in earnest to just figure out what is going on with their order...

Except for the fact that they sold me Anime Freak Vol 5 a long time ago with only disc 1, I have never had a problem dealing with Hit-Japan.  When I had that bump it was a huge hassle though and they were adamant that it was a 1 disc "game" for the longest time.
Title: Re: My CG II actually arrived today
Post by: Kitsunexus on 02/20/2008, 11:55 AM
Quote from: nat on 02/20/2008, 11:49 AMWhy not? Too expensive?
I like the design better.
Title: Re: My CG II actually arrived today
Post by: Ceti Alpha on 02/20/2008, 02:23 PM
Woa!! Gratz on finally getting your prize Missa!!  :dance: I have to admit that I had my doubts you were ever going to see it.  :-$ Anyway, now you can enjoy the joy of the PCE.  8)
Title: Re: My CG II actually arrived today
Post by: Nazi NecroPhile on 02/20/2008, 02:36 PM
So, what was the date on the postage?  Did your Core II fall victim to slow ass shipping, or was it held hostage for a few weeks before shipping?
Title: Re: My CG II actually arrived today
Post by: MissaFX on 02/20/2008, 05:59 PM
Quote from: guest on 02/20/2008, 02:36 PMSo, what was the date on the postage?  Did your Core II fall victim to slow ass shipping, or was it held hostage for a few weeks before shipping?
It was in shipping that whole time :shock:
Title: Re: My CG II actually arrived today
Post by: TR0N on 02/21/2008, 04:26 AM
Congrats on finally getting your,CGII from hit-japan missa.

Can't say i've had problems with the seller but at the most i buy from,Hit-Japan is games i haven't mess with buying consoles from them.

Just yesterday i got battletoads from them for my famicom.

Still some times i hear mix reponse's for there service.

More offen it's over there gradeing scale and nothing more.

Have fun with the core i all ways like how compact they are.
Title: Re: My CG II actually arrived today
Post by: guyjin on 02/21/2008, 10:36 AM
talk about your slow boats to china...
Title: Re: My CG II actually arrived today
Post by: Kitsunexus on 02/22/2008, 07:09 PM
Quote from: guyjin on 02/21/2008, 10:36 AMtalk about your slow boats to china...
WHERE IN THE WORLD IS... CARMEN SANDIEGO! LOL


hi nate!
Title: Re: My CG II actually arrived today
Post by: natethegreat82 on 02/22/2008, 07:12 PM
 It's crazy that it took that long to be delivered. I bought a Neo Geo CDZ from hit-japan back on December 18 and I received it January 2. Anyway, congratulations!