PCEngine-FX.com

NEC PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16 Games/Consoles => PCE/TG-16|CD/SGX Discussion => Topic started by: spenoza on 12/23/2008, 09:22 PM

Title: Madden Football
Post by: spenoza on 12/23/2008, 09:22 PM
I'm curious, how does the Duo Madden Football game compare to its Genesis and SNES colleagues? I know it has crappy FMV and doesn't have the NFL teams, but what about graphics, animation, sound effects, play control, on-screen action and the like?
Title: Re: Madden Football
Post by: Joe Redifer on 12/23/2008, 09:26 PM
It is a bit below the Genesis versions in the gameplay department.  Keep in mind that I prefer only the first edition on the Genesis, before they added NFL and the years, etc.  However this is not to say that it is bad.  The passing is a bit tougher since you don't have three buttons and must use RUN (if I recall correctly) as a passing button.  The field graphics are a bit worse than the Genesis version, but the players and whatnot are a bit better.  Sound effects are probably a bit better, but I don't really recall.
Title: Re: Madden Football
Post by: PCEngineHell on 12/23/2008, 09:48 PM
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 12/23/2008, 09:26 PMIt is a bit below the Genesis versions in the gameplay department.  Keep in mind that I prefer only the first edition on the Genesis, before they added NFL and the years, etc.  However this is not to say that it is bad.  The passing is a bit tougher since you don't have three buttons and must use RUN (if I recall correctly) as a passing button. 
So its fair to say the Avenue Pad 3 would fix the game play problem then, correct? If that's the case, then the short coming there is not the games fault, but more or less a problem of the controller. Thats too bad, but at least the problem can be fixed.
Title: Re: Madden Football
Post by: RuninRuder on 12/24/2008, 07:22 PM
The Duo one is my favorite.  It's very colorful and smooth visually.  The passing game is handled well (no dumb passing windows).  I didn't find anything difficult or uncomfortable about using Run as one of the passing buttons.  The FMVs are hilarious (hilariously bad, but hilarious nonetheless).
Title: Re: Madden Football
Post by: spenoza on 12/24/2008, 10:11 PM
Too bad it came out so late in the system's life. It could've been a boon to the system had it been around a little earlier.