PCEngine-FX.com

Other Discussions => General Gaming => Topic started by: Keranu on 03/23/2009, 06:12 PM

Title: Finally a new Military Madness game
Post by: Keranu on 03/23/2009, 06:12 PM
http://www.nintendoeverything.com/?p=12740
Title: Re: Finally a new Military Madness game
Post by: CrackTiger on 03/23/2009, 06:57 PM
I can't see them messing this up enough for me to not enjoy it. As long as the gameplay is faithful, I'll be buying the  360 version once it's released. :D
Title: Re: Finally a new Military Madness game
Post by: ParanoiaDragon on 03/24/2009, 02:15 AM
I'll be buying it, though, not sure if I'll get it on Wii or PS3. :-k
Title: Re: Finally a new Military Madness game
Post by: pceslayer on 03/25/2009, 10:06 AM
The 360 version is mine day 1!  =P~
Title: Re: Finally a new Military Madness game
Post by: DJLobo on 03/25/2009, 03:10 PM
Sweet, I'll be buying this on the PS3 when it comes out.
Title: Re: Finally a new Military Madness game
Post by: Keranu on 04/01/2009, 06:06 PM
Preview and screenshots - http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=61262

Also I've been meaning to post this article I recently came across discussing the game - http://www.cinemablend.com/games/16-Bit-Classic-Military-Madness-Comes-To-PSN-XBLA-WiiWare-16556.html

The funny thing about that article is that it's obviously written by a guy who isn't really a Turbo fan, but tries to act like he knows what he's saying. Just look at the top Turbo games he lists: "Games like Bomberman '93, Battle Lode Runner, Neutopia, Populous, Dungeon Explorer, and Military Madness are, more often than not, still extremely playable to this day.". It's pretty obvious he is listing his experience with TG16 games from VC releases too since he mentioned Battle Lode Runner.
Title: Re: Finally a new Military Madness game
Post by: Duo_R on 04/03/2009, 06:47 PM
I played Military Madness on my phone the other day, but that is probably really old news. Looking forward to this new release.
Title: Re: Finally a new Military Madness game
Post by: handygrafx on 04/06/2009, 06:01 PM
HOLY MOTHER OF GOD, YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Title: Re: Finally a new Military Madness game
Post by: handygrafx on 04/28/2009, 01:40 PM
now we got a video to watch


http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/694963/Military-Madness-Nectaris-Gameplay-Video-Classic-Turn-Based-Strategy-Revised.html

or

http://youtu.be/tdhu7_2wPjE
Title: Re: Finally a new Military Madness game
Post by: Lord Thag on 04/28/2009, 02:41 PM
Well, I'll be. Christmas came early this year.

I've been wanting a sequel to this for decades!
Title: Re: Finally a new Military Madness game
Post by: guyjin on 04/28/2009, 03:12 PM
Quote from: Keranu on 04/01/2009, 06:06 PMThe funny thing about that article is that it's obviously written by a guy who isn't really a Turbo fan, but tries to act like he knows what he's saying. Just look at the top Turbo games he lists: "Games like Bomberman '93, Battle Lode Runner, Neutopia, Populous,
Populous is a fun game, but I haven't played it on the Turbo much.
Title: Re: Finally a new Military Madness game
Post by: handygrafx on 05/04/2009, 01:26 PM
I still hope Hudson develops a true Military Madness 3 for DS (or any system but preferably DS)  yet this is still a welcome release.


http://kotaku.com/5225321/the-new-military-madness-looks-quite-sane

QuoteThe New Military Madness Looks Quite Sane

As a big fan of the Military Madness released on the TurboGrafx-16—many, many days were spent in an attempt to secure the Earth's moon by sheer military force—I'm looking forward to the newest version.

Due to hit Xbox Live Arcade, PlayStation Network and WiiWare this year, Military Madness: Nectaris looks to remedy complaints levied against the PlayStation version—the last one I played, Wii Virtual Console release notwithstanding. The 1998 version, amusingly enough named Nectaris: Military Madness, was simply too slow, suffered from disc-loading times and was, well, kind of ugly.

It's never been flashy, ranking somewhere between the Advance Wars and Daisenryaku series in terms of visual pow, but it has exactly what I'm looking for: solid, turn-based military action with a little... erm, hex appeal. Who's with me?
Title: Re: Finally a new Military Madness game
Post by: handygrafx on 06/03/2009, 11:20 AM
new E3 trailer for the Wii Ware version:

http://youtu.be/GmB1Scng28w