PCEngine-FX.com

PCE-FX Homebrew Development => Localizations, Games, Apps, Docs => Topic started by: Arkhan Asylum on 04/02/2009, 06:27 AM

Title: Quick little sound demo...
Post by: Arkhan Asylum on 04/02/2009, 06:27 AM
hmm an hour or so ago I made a quick little demo to show some sound stuff

The MML was done hastily and sounds kinda dopey, so I could whip this up here asap... but it is good enough!  :-D
The code itself needs some minor tweaking too but its pretty good so far!

:)

Here is a screenshot:

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/Android77/PCELOADING1.jpg)

Attach doesn't work here so I rapid shared...

http://rapidshare.com/files/216490404/pgd.pce.html

10 lucky folks will get to download it before Rapidshare yells and deletes it.

and then

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=76BOMXGD

Some more can get it here before MegaUpload cries!

enjoy!


Note: Looks/Sounds best in Ootake, I think.  Might just be me being biased.
Title: Re: Quick little sound demo...
Post by: touko on 04/02/2009, 08:29 AM
Niice  :D ..

rick asley is your idol ????   :mrgreen:
Title: Re: Quick little sound demo...
Post by: Nazi NecroPhile on 04/02/2009, 10:55 AM
Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 04/02/2009, 06:27 AMNote: Looks/Sounds best in Ootake, I think.  Might just be me being biased.
Will it run on real hardware?  If so, I'll slap it on the flash cart tonight and check it out.
Title: Re: Quick little sound demo...
Post by: Arkhan Asylum on 04/03/2009, 12:51 AM
Quote from: NecroPhile on 04/02/2009, 10:55 AM
Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 04/02/2009, 06:27 AMNote: Looks/Sounds best in Ootake, I think.  Might just be me being biased.
Will it run on real hardware?  If so, I'll slap it on the flash cart tonight and check it out.
dunno.  You let me know:)
Title: Re: Quick little sound demo...
Post by: Nazi NecroPhile on 04/03/2009, 11:30 AM
Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 04/03/2009, 12:51 AMdunno.  You let me know:)
Tee-hee.  I still don't know, but it works fine in M.E.  :lol:
Title: Re: Quick little sound demo...
Post by: Arkhan Asylum on 04/03/2009, 12:29 PM
yeah its worked in mednafen, ootake, and magic engine so far so I sure hope it works on real hardware.

I also sure hope I get unlazy and make a real song, and not a crappy rickroll hackjob, rofl.
Title: Re: Quick little sound demo...
Post by: Arkhan Asylum on 04/16/2009, 11:32 PM
Rick Roll aside,

check out www.surrealsoft.net/squirrel.html

There is a demo to download and check out!

feedback is appreciated
Title: Re: Quick little sound demo...
Post by: TurboXray on 04/17/2009, 12:55 AM
 :D
Title: Re: Quick little sound demo...
Post by: Arkhan Asylum on 04/17/2009, 10:25 PM
I hope the :-D is a good thing

I am going to experiment some.  I never balanced the volume levels for the Frog theme, so I could try that but I think it at least blended well and sounds better than standard 3 wave options.
Title: Re: Quick little sound demo...
Post by: TurboXray on 04/22/2009, 07:13 PM
Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 04/17/2009, 10:25 PMI hope the :-D is a good thing
Yes :D
Title: Re: Quick little sound demo...
Post by: touko on 05/23/2009, 06:31 AM
 =D>

your music conveter and player are a very good idea ..
I'am waiting your library and utilities with impatience  ..  8)
Title: Re: Quick little sound demo...
Post by: Arkhan Asylum on 05/23/2009, 12:50 PM
Quote from: touko on 05/23/2009, 06:31 AM=D>

your music conveter and player are a very good idea ..
I'am waiting your library and utilities with impatience  ..  8)
Once insanity is completed, I plan to optimize the shit out of the utilities. :)
Title: Re: Quick little sound demo...
Post by: touko on 05/23/2009, 04:26 PM
Have you made sfx for insanity , or your game is for the present without sound ??
Title: Re: Quick little sound demo...
Post by: Arkhan Asylum on 05/23/2009, 07:15 PM
there are sound effects, I did them with the same library that makes the music demo.

MML is a great way to make sfx.  Just put a buncha really fast notes together and BAM instant lazer noise.
Title: Re: Quick little sound demo...
Post by: touko on 05/26/2009, 07:46 AM
Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 05/23/2009, 07:15 PMthere are sound effects, I did them with the same library that makes the music demo.

MML is a great way to make sfx.  Just put a buncha really fast notes together and BAM instant lazer noise.
Great  :wink:..
Release it,  release it  [-o< rapidly ,because i don't stop to kick ass my psg on emulator with sound FX  ](*,)

Your mml libraries is in c language or asm ???
Title: Re: Quick little sound demo...
Post by: Arkhan Asylum on 05/26/2009, 01:07 PM
Quote from: touko on 05/26/2009, 07:46 AM
Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 05/23/2009, 07:15 PMthere are sound effects, I did them with the same library that makes the music demo.

MML is a great way to make sfx.  Just put a buncha really fast notes together and BAM instant lazer noise.
Great  :wink:..
Release it,  release it  [-o< rapidly ,because i don't stop to kick ass my psg on emulator with sound FX  ](*,)

Your mml libraries is in c language or asm ???
its in C, and made for HuC
Title: Re: Quick little sound demo...
Post by: touko on 05/26/2009, 01:49 PM
Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 05/26/2009, 01:07 PMits in C, and made for HuC
:dance:
Title: Re: Quick little sound demo...
Post by: Arkhan Asylum on 05/26/2009, 05:02 PM
I am reworking alot of it to be faster in conjunction with it being used in a game.

Using the library itself to play music is beyond easy though..