Hi everyone!
I found a picture of a nice collection with a lot of different PCE models.
But I also noticed some units I haven't seen before, the blue boxes "Core 5" and "PC boy". I think they are "pirate consoles"? Like "Hong Kong imports". Or what do you guys think? (click on the pic for higher res).
postimage.org/image.php?v=PqN2A3r
postimage.org/PqN2A3r.jpg
(https://web.archive.org/web/20081113193755im_/http://hutrad.fr/PubSodipeng/_333.jpg)
The one is PC Boy..not PC Box.
Ah, yes I saw that now. :P
i think the core (5) is the normal core grafx. does someone know from which country this one comes from?
Quote from: Tatsujin on 05/26/2009, 11:06 AMi think the core (5) is the normal core grafx. does someone know from which country this one comes from?
You are correct, good sir. It's from France, specifically a Sodipeng (http://www.hutrad.fr/PubSodipeng/_321.html) box set with the CG, two controllers, and a Tap.
Aha OK from France. I did thought it was a "Hong Kong clone" :)
This collection is a friend of mine's.
The Coregrafx "Puissance 5" was a pack including a Coregrafx bundled with a second pad ( french made Sodipad) and a game. Some friends had this pack at the time but they haven't kept the big box, which is pretty hard to find nowadays.
OK shubibiman I see!
So TG/PCE was sold in France?
Quote from: MXS on 05/27/2009, 05:35 PMSo TG/PCE was sold in France?
The PCE was imported in France by Sodipeng, which is a shortened form for "Société de Distribution de la PC Engine; they also sold a few accessories of their own making. Follow the link above to learn more about them and to see a ton of their old adverts.
Quote from: guest on 05/26/2009, 12:24 PMQuote from: Tatsujin on 05/26/2009, 11:06 AMi think the core (5) is the normal core grafx. does someone know from which country this one comes from?
You are correct, good sir. It's from France, specifically a Sodipeng (http://www.hutrad.fr/PubSodipeng/_321.html) box set with the CG, two controllers, and a Tap.
ah..LOL..that is the sodipeng version? very funnily I never seen one boxed, but had some loosies of 'em in my life (with the RGB mod cable).
thx :D
Quote from: guest on 05/27/2009, 05:45 PMQuote from: MXS on 05/27/2009, 05:35 PMSo TG/PCE was sold in France?
The PCE was imported in France by Sodipeng, which is a shortened form for "Société de Distribution de la PC Engine." They also sold a few accessories of their own making. Follow the link above to learn more about them and to see a ton of their old adverts.
Yeah, it was a lot of old nice advertising here! :)
https://web.archive.org/web/20081113135019if_/http://hutrad.fr/PubSodipeng/index.html
(https://web.archive.org/web/20081113195538im_/http://hutrad.fr/PubSodipeng/_32.jpg)
(https://web.archive.org/web/20081113193755im_/http://hutrad.fr/PubSodipeng/_333.jpg)
(https://web.archive.org/web/20081113194015im_/http://hutrad.fr/PubSodipeng/_315.jpg)
(https://web.archive.org/web/20081113200313im_/http://hutrad.fr/PubSodipeng/_344.jpg)
(https://web.archive.org/web/20081113200554im_/http://hutrad.fr/PubSodipeng/_351.jpg)
(https://web.archive.org/web/20081113195802im_/http://hutrad.fr/PubSodipeng/_345.jpg)
Actually, this pack contains the standard version of the Coregrafx in its original box with a multitap and a pad made by Sodipeng. The box you see is just the outside cardboard.