@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Is Fighting Street really worth it?

Started by Joe Redifer, 10/21/2011, 06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Redifer

I still don't see how Fighting Street adds to this community.  Now we have two members going at it.  PCEngineHell (professorproferson or some shit like that) is posting pics of Turbo Star's kids and calling them ugly bastards and who knows what else. In the mean time, Turbo Star is spamming the forum with his pic of Mike Helgeson (not really him, but it does bear a resemblance).  Mike exists only to troll and pretty much lives in the Fighting Street forum.  When he needs backup he brings in Sinistron.

Normally Fighting Street works OK, but to be honest, the majority of threads could be in the normal sections of the forum (they are usually just laced with a bit more excessive (and random) swearing, no biggie in my opinion).  So please spell it out to me again, how does Fighting Street enhance pcengine-fx.com?

PCEngineFX

Hi Joe,

If you recommend that the Fighting Street section be closed down, I'll do it.  As you know I'm not that involved in the forums so I have no idea what is going on in that section on a day-to-day basis.  However, if the problem is Michael (and I've gotten reports from members about him before), how about a tempban?
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG
IMG

nat

The "fun" died quickly after Joe's post.

I personally think FS is nice to have around, aside from the occasional catfight between Michael and JoshTurboTrollX-16 or whomever.

I'm too lazy right now to really make a strong case for keeping it, so I'll just end by saying that it seems most of the users seem to like it.

Joe Redifer

I agree, usually it is OK but people like Michael take too much "advantage" of it.  Can't ban him because all of his offenses were done in that forum.

PCEngineFX

I'm going to ban him myself for a short time.  I've gotten a lot of direct emails complaining about his behavior on the forum.  If anyone bitches about it, tell them it was my decision.
IMG
IMG

PCEngineFX

I recall that we tried one before to shut down FS and a ton of people complained - I'm sure that will happen again if we try to close it down....
IMG
IMG

nat

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too.

I'm more of the mind of dealing directly with the issue at hand, which in this case, I don't think is the FS forum itself but rather a select member or two.

Joe Redifer