RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Mysterious Song is now released

Started by OldRover, 08/26/2012, 11:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldRover

From now on, all orders are going to be handled by me personally, which includes the first 100. Keranu is going to ship me most of the remaining stock of discs as well as the bonus materials. I shipped four orders earlier today and still have six current orders in the queue, plus sirhcman's disc. Local pickup from Crete will still be available to anyone who lives nearby though, as Keranu will retain a couple of boxes for conventions and such. I received confirmation that the replacement discs have arrived at the distribution center in San Juan, so we should have them tomorrow. It will take about 2 days to get the replacements ready, since the next few days are pretty busy here. But by the end of the week, the first batch of the preorders should start to go out.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

DesmondThe3rd

Has anyone made any maps yet? The EX Game's exclusive dungeon in space is driving me nuts.

OldMan

QuoteHas anyone made any maps yet?
Yes, actually. I have it completely mapped out, on 16 pages of graph paper. EVERY single square.
Sorry, it's too big to scan and/or take a picture of, though.

It's not that long of a walk if you go straight to the exit.
Finding out how to do that is a different thing, though.

Bernie

Quote from: DesmondThe3rd on 10/22/2012, 08:59 PMHas anyone made any maps yet? The EX Game's exclusive dungeon in space is driving me nuts.
You can do it!!!!

Marll

I don't mind the wait so much, I've got so much stuff to play between PC games, PS3 and MMOs that I probably won't get to MS right away. It'll just be a pleasant surprise one day when it shows up in the mail.
Rabid Turbo fan since 1989!
Happy F@ck eBay member since 2010

CrackTiger

Quote from: DesmondThe3rd on 10/22/2012, 08:59 PMHas anyone made any maps yet? The EX Game's exclusive dungeon in space is driving me nuts.
I've been working on them with screenshots, but was going to wait a while before releasing them. If I find the time to finish off the EX maps, I'll post everything on my site.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

DesmondThe3rd

You can do it!!!![/quote]
Heh heh, I did it and managed to complete the EX Game last night. Now I'm going to review the game.

DesmondThe3rd

OK, now that I finished the game here's my opinion on it:

OldRover

lol that was a pretty awesome review :)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

_Paul

Still eagerly awaiting mine, but happy to wait.

Don't be upset if I don't do an actual review in PC Engine Gamer, although I will do a thing on the game. I'm too linked to the PCE Homebrew stuff to be impartial so I'd rather just promote it in a feature without major scoring bias. I'll be doing the same with all PCE homebrew releases, not just MSR.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 10/24/2012, 01:28 PMStill eagerly awaiting mine, but happy to wait.

Don't be upset if I don't do an actual review in PC Engine Gamer, although I will do a thing on the game. I'm too linked to the PCE Homebrew stuff to be impartial so I'd rather just promote it in a feature without major scoring bias. I'll be doing the same with all PCE homebrew releases, not just MSR.
I think this is a noble way to handle things, :pcgs:. Promote the game openly (and proudly).
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

DesmondThe3rd

Quote from: OldRover on 10/23/2012, 08:08 PMlol that was a pretty awesome review :)
Thanks, I still hate those dragons and the long dungeons but in the end the game was just awesome.

mrhaboobi

heya rover.

dont want to bug you, but im shifting addresses at end of nov, and just wanted to get a gut feel as to how far away you are with shipping.  i'll have to find a new address for you if its going to be a while :)
Looking for (MINT ONLY)
US Manual : Magical Chase, Shockman 
US Box : Turrican,  Soldier Blade, New Adventure Island, Neutopia II
Other : Sapphire OBI, Turbo Play Aug/Sept 90, April/May 92, Turbo Edge Spring 90

PC Engine Special Cards : Bomberman User Battle

Alydnes Super Grafx

OldRover

Nah, it'll be this week. Keranu shipped the discs last week, and the USPS website says it's Cataño's distribution center, which means it'll arrive tomorrow. However, the rest of it was shipped today, but it should be here by Thursday. I'll have the first batch of orders sent out Friday at the soonest... will try to get as many done as possible this week. :) If you confirm your address with me via PM, I'll mark your order as "high priority" and make sure you're part of the first wave of shipments.

Marll

Just wanted to check in on the status of the shipping. No particular rush on my part, but just want to make sure that if I'm expecting something I'll actually check the mail.
Rabid Turbo fan since 1989!
Happy F@ck eBay member since 2010

TheClash603

Quote from: Marll on 11/07/2012, 11:34 AMJust wanted to check in on the status of the shipping. No particular rush on my part, but just want to make sure that if I'm expecting something I'll actually check the mail.
At this point I hope shipping is delayed so I receive the item on December 24th.  How awesome would that be!

VestCunt

Quote from: TheClash603 on 11/10/2012, 04:54 PMHow awesome would that be!
Hmmmm...  I'd rather get it now.

Any updates?
Topic Adjourned.

hoobs88

I just watched a video on Facebook that displayed the Mysterious Song Bonus item of DVD/soundtrack CD. Looks nice!
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

esteban

Quote from: guest on 11/10/2012, 07:19 PM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 11/10/2012, 04:54 PMHow awesome would that be!
Hmmmm...  I'd rather get it now.

Any updates?
Ha! My earlier suggestion to ship it in 2013 might actually come to fruition. :pcgs:

We are awesome for making it this far.

OldRover

The bonus items are scheduled to start shipping on Tuesday. We can finally put this mess behind us and never look back.

OldRover

Yep, it's official... the orders that get the bonus discs will be sent starting Tuesday. It will take some time to ship them all, but everyone who gets it will get theirs.

esteban

Quote from: OldRover on 11/11/2012, 10:28 PMYep, it's official... the orders that get the bonus discs will be sent starting Tuesday. It will take some time to ship them all, but everyone who gets it will get theirs.
Yay! :pcgs:

OldRover

The nightmare is over. The first 100 are in the process of being shipped out the door. MSR is now officially a completely closed project. Time to move on to the next big thing. Many lessons learned here, and many mistakes made... some of which will probably be repeated anyway. :lol:

esteban

Quote from: OldRover on 11/17/2012, 10:17 AMThe nightmare is over. The first 100 are in the process of being shipped out the door. MSR is now officially a completely closed project. Time to move on to the next big thing. Many lessons learned here, and many mistakes made... some of which will probably be repeated anyway. :lol:
I refuse to believe this. Even when I am holding the items in my hand, I will refuse to believe it. :pcgs:

TheClash603

Quote from: esteban on 11/17/2012, 11:15 AM
Quote from: OldRover on 11/17/2012, 10:17 AMThe nightmare is over. The first 100 are in the process of being shipped out the door. MSR is now officially a completely closed project. Time to move on to the next big thing. Many lessons learned here, and many mistakes made... some of which will probably be repeated anyway. :lol:
I refuse to believe this. Even when I am holding the items in my hand, I will refuse to believe it. :pcgs:
It took a while to get the 100 ACD Super Editions out the door.  Well worth the wait!

esteban

Quote from: TheClash603 on 11/17/2012, 11:58 AM
Quote from: esteban on 11/17/2012, 11:15 AM
It took a while to get the 100 ACD Super Editions out the door.  Well worth the wait!
Hahahahhahaa. Goddamn, if only that were really the truth! :pcgs:

VestCunt

Whoot! Got it in the mail today! The cover art looks kind of strange though and the cartridge locked up my CD player...
IMG
Topic Adjourned.

OldRover

We are releasing 50 additional copies of the bonus DVD as independent sales on eBay. There are several reasons for this:

-Lots of people have been asking for it to become available like this
-Seeing it for sale like this on eBay will have the same anti-gouging effect as with the initial game release
-All sales will benefit the American Red Cross

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=321026009769

Bernie

OldRover

Another 50 are available from our website directly, but we can only ship to US locations there... all international sales have to be through the eBay listing.

hizaygizirlz

So have the first 100 orders all officially shipped yet?  Truth be told I'm only interested in one in particular.
Gypsies did it.

Got no luv for the krackers only slugs for the krackers!

OldRover

Not all have been shipped yet... ran into a snag... out of packing materials again. More on the way. Shipping will resume in a few days. I have just two more orders to send right now, but of course, the post office is closed tomorrow so even that will wait till Friday. Slowly but surely, however, they're all being sent out. Which one in particular are you interested in? :lol:

hizaygizirlz

No worries I was just curious.  I get nervous about my packages being in post office limbo.  I believe the order that I cared the most about was #57, but I can wait another week or two before the real crying begins. :lol:
Gypsies did it.

termis

I can't remember my order number...  #13 seems to ring a bell in my head - or maybe that was Insanity, but anyway...  I'm assuming that would've shipped by now then?

esteban

Quote from: termis on 11/24/2012, 08:12 AMI can't remember my order number...  #13 seems to ring a bell in my head - or maybe that was Insanity, but anyway...  I'm assuming that would've shipped by now then?
Hajjajajajajaa. You are hilarious. No, the shipping date has been pushed back to coincide with the launch of Ouya.  :pcgs:

_Paul

Can you let me know when mine goes out. I know overseas can be crappy slow but there's extra chance the postman will lose it.

Keranu

Quote from: hizaygizirlz on 11/21/2012, 05:52 PMNo worries I was just curious.  I get nervous about my packages being in post office limbo.  I believe the order that I cared the most about was #57, but I can wait another week or two before the real crying begins. :lol:
Yep, you're #57.

Quote from: termis on 11/24/2012, 08:12 AMI can't remember my order number...  #13 seems to ring a bell in my head - or maybe that was Insanity, but anyway...  I'm assuming that would've shipped by now then?
#13 is correct!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

OldRover

I'm not going by number, really... if you want your order bumped up (if you haven't gotten it yet), just shoot me a PM with your name and I'll give you priority. :)

Mishran

Wow, you'd think people were afraid the world would come to an end before they got a chance to get theirs... :P

Save mine for last, as I'll be more than happy to wait cause I know I'll get it eventually. I'm not worried. :wink:

td741

Hell, I don't even know what number I am. :P  I just occasional look up my paypal notification for it in my "waiting for orders" e-mail folder and say: "Soon... Soon!". :P

OldRover

Yes, everyone will get their order. Once all the orders are processed, I'll post it on every forum out there just in case we missed anyone.

esteban

_Paul

*Hopes in time for Christmas*

hizaygizirlz

Christmas miracle my game has been received.

I'll admit up to this point I thought the whole thing was fake.  The screenshots, the packaging, the website, the thread, etc.

I thought all of it was an elaborate scheme, involving dozens of people, with the goal to swindle me and a few others out of $40.

I am proud to admit that I was wrong.  The game does in fact exist and will shortly enter my Duo.

Once again just wanted to thank you guys for the hard work.

Excited.
Gypsies did it.

jlued686

Got mine in the mail. Excited to really dig into this!

I just got to the first town. One question: how long before Mick and Keith come knocking at your door for royalties? ;)

OldRover

There is a package being sent to NJ tomorrow.

esteban

hizaygizirlz

Quote from: guest on 12/02/2012, 04:57 PMGot mine in the mail. Excited to really dig into this!

I just got to the first town. One question: how long before Mick and Keith come knocking at your door for royalties? ;)
On the subject of music I think you guys did a rally nice job.  All of the tunes are pretty catchy.
Gypsies did it.

OldRover

Quote from: guest on 12/02/2012, 04:57 PMOne question: how long before Mick and Keith come knocking at your door for royalties? ;)
I'm quite sure that that won't be a problem. :) Artistic reinterpretation is perfectly legit. :)

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: OldRover on 12/02/2012, 06:58 PM
Quote from: guest on 12/02/2012, 04:57 PMOne question: how long before Mick and Keith come knocking at your door for royalties? ;)
I'm quite sure that that won't be a problem. :) Artistic reinterpretation is perfectly legit. :)
Thankfully, cuz I really didn't want to have to divert from whatever music I was working on at the time(probably JB) to come up with a new tune.
IMG