Mysterious Song is now released

Started by OldRover, 08/26/2012, 11:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldRover

I got confirmation a few minutes ago that an order to Belgium that was sent on the same day has finally arrived so it looks like things just got delayed again... no shock there. :(
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

mrhaboobi

Quote from: OldRover on 05/08/2013, 03:29 AMI got confirmation a few minutes ago that an order to Belgium that was sent on the same day has finally arrived so it looks like things just got delayed again... no shock there. :(
Hey Rover

Still nothing.  Can i ask what method you used to post them, USPS global priority mail takes 7 days, airmail 2 weeks, anything else, god knows, did you ship it using the cheapest snail mail sea cargo or something?
Looking for (MINT ONLY)
US Manual : Magical Chase, Shockman 
US Box : Turrican,  Soldier Blade, New Adventure Island, Neutopia II
Other : Sapphire OBI, Turbo Play Aug/Sept 90, April/May 92, Turbo Edge Spring 90

PC Engine Special Cards : Bomberman User Battle

Alydnes Super Grafx

cosmos99

Still nothing too ! A padded envellope took a few days to arrive those days ,usually it's a matter of one week , in three days it will be a month for MSR , yes Rover ,how did you shipped our orders ? I thought USPS had cancelled years ago sea mail, no ?

OldRover

I strapped everything to the back of a dead turtle, kicked it in the butt, and hoped for the best. :)

In all seriousness... things in and out of PR have been agonizingly slow since Xmas with no apparent reason. Everything is shipped First Class. Maybe they just don't give a snot when things are shipped that way. I dunno. But once it leaves my hands, there's not a dang thing I can do about it.
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

roflmao

Quote from: OldRover on 05/16/2013, 09:42 PMI strapped everything to the back of a dead turtle, kicked it in the butt, and hoped for the best. :)
Best response ever! 

I know this whole process has been torture for you and you just want to get it behind you and I really feel for the guys who were first in line to support you and have been last in line to receive their payback.  Hopefully everyone will get their game shortly and enjoy the hell out of it. 

Once my motivations swing back to making gameplay videos, I'm sure MSR will be one of the next ones I do. :)

VestCunt

Quote from: The Old Rover on 05/16/2013, 09:42 PMBut once it leaves my hands, there's not a dang thing I can do about it.
Might be worth it to pay the 80¢ delivery confirmation for any remaining orders at this point.
Topic Adjourned.

mrhaboobi

Next time id suggest using global priority mail, its tracked and reliable..   id just like to know the date it was sent, as after 30 days i need to start putting a claim in for a lost package..
Looking for (MINT ONLY)
Other : Sapphire OBI, Turbo Play Aug/Sept 90, April/May 92, Turbo Edge Spring 90

Alydnes Super Grafx

OldRover

I can't afford to send everyone's order via global priority. Everything was mailed out April 20th... oh wait, 4/20... ok, now I understand. :)

mrhaboobi

global priority actually costs the same as first class when shipping a decent sized envelope ( flat rate envelope or box is about 12 - 16 ).
Looking for (MINT ONLY)

Alydnes Super Grafx

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: mrhaboobi on 05/16/2013, 11:08 PMglobal priority actually costs the same as first class when shipping a decent sized envelope ( flat rate envelope or box is about 12 - 16 ). 
No it doesn't.

global priority envelopes cost about 25$ now.  Might as well ship priority flat-rate boxes at that point.

First class hits about 12$.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

cosmos99

I'm very sorry too , if you have to send again Rover , let me pay the shipping this time with tracking , and of course if the previous order arrives i will sell it to a friend and he'll send payment to you. Really sorry again.

mrhaboobi

Quote from: guest on 05/16/2013, 11:22 PM
Quote from: mrhaboobi on 05/16/2013, 11:08 PMglobal priority actually costs the same as first class when shipping a decent sized envelope ( flat rate envelope or box is about 12 - 16 ). 
No it doesn't.

global priority envelopes cost about 25$ now.  Might as well ship priority flat-rate boxes at that point.

Ahh i just checked and see you are correct, fuckers, what a rip off, crazy shit.. i remember the good ole days of $12 for an envelope.  :)
Looking for (MINT ONLY)

Alydnes Super Grafx

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: mrhaboobi on 05/19/2013, 04:25 PM
Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 05/16/2013, 11:22 PM
No it doesn't.

Ahh i just checked and see you are correct, fuckers, what a rip off, crazy shit.. i remember the good ole days of $12 for an envelope.  :)
yeah dude, the rates went up in January.  I was pretty shocked/pissed off at that.  The USPS is a bit mental.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

mrhaboobi

once everyone gets their copies it can die a natural death ;)  or some of us might be dead before the copies arrive going by the speed of USPS ;)  either way there will be no one left to post/bitch
Looking for (MINT ONLY)

Alydnes Super Grafx

esteban

Quote from: mrhaboobi on 05/20/2013, 12:15 AMonce everyone gets their copies it can die a natural death ;)  or some of us might be dead before the copies arrive going by the speed of USPS ;)  either way there will be no one left to post/bitch
IMG IMG IMG IMG

mrhaboobi

UPDATE UPDATE>

Have just had a text from mother in law, a mysterious package has arrived at their house containing and i quote "CD Rom DVD + CD Business Cards".. Perhaps this is the cryptic name of TG 16 Game + bonus material..   Fingers crossed.. This could be the end of my Mysterious pre order chapter..
Looking for (MINT ONLY)

Alydnes Super Grafx

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: mrhaboobi on 05/20/2013, 12:27 AMUPDATE UPDATE>

Have just had a text from mother in law, a mysterious package has arrived at their house containing and i quote "CD Rom DVD + CD Business Cards".. Perhaps this is the cryptic name of TG 16 Game + bonus material..   Fingers crossed.. This could be the end of my Mysterious pre order chapter..
Hmm, it sounds very Mysterious indeed.....maybe I'll go compose a song about it!!! :P
IMG

esteban

STATUS: New Zealand/Papa New Guinea/Perth = End of the Earth :pcgs:

grahf

Still waiting on mine to Japan, but I guess it'll be here after all you guys get yours.

SeymorOnion

I wouldn't be surprised if grahf gets his copy of the game, before most other people.
My customers in Japan, UK, and Germany, seem to get the stuff they order from me within 10 days, on average.
That's with First Class International.

grahf

I guess it won't surprise you that I got it today :)

Thanks to everyone involved!

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: grahf on 05/21/2013, 06:01 AMI guess it won't surprise you that I got it today :)

Thanks to everyone involved!
Yes!  Sweet, enjoy dude!  Even though I didn't do any of the shipping, it's a bit of relief for me to know the last few are receiving them!
IMG

termis

Good to hear folks are receiving their copies.  I'm traveling in NZ now, and won't be back home for a couple weeks, but hopefully good news awaits me when I get back in a couple weeks.

cosmos99

mrhaboobi

Quote from: OldRover on 05/16/2013, 10:49 PMI can't afford to send everyone's order via global priority. Everything was mailed out April 20th... oh wait, 4/20... ok, now I understand. :)
Yay my game arrived.  Post office stamped with 6th may shipping date..  Just glad it arrived :)
Looking for (MINT ONLY)

Alydnes Super Grafx

cosmos99

As you could see my joy yesterday ,mine also arrived !  :) Curiously it was shipped out may,13 so i don't know if this means a third package ? It was supposedly shipped out april,19.

TheClash603

Is this game still available for sale somewhere?

I see the ebay posting no longer exists.  I was going to suggest the game to a friend.

OldRover

It's still available on the website, and I am considering a special price combo deal on ebay in limited quantity.

cosmos99

I played a bit the game yesterday and Wow! I've been really impressed , what a work you did ! It's even better than i thought ,the game is beautiful. The intro is short but very well drawn , i also love battle backgounds , cutes characters , nice villages and the map too. Battles are short wich is a good thing but you need some levelling before the bosses , although i actually met only two bosses.Music is good although metal on some area is strange... Anyway a must have for the PC Engine that can rank in the upper average. :)

The bad points:

-french traduction is uncomplete but not too annoying.

-audio tracks seem sometimes too short so they oftenly loop.

-NPC are too static ,they don't even turn your direction when you talk to them,they are like statues.

-The game is missing of sound effects.

-Sometimes loadings are very long when most time they are very quick , i can't explain why , is it my Duo ? I will try with my Duo-R.

-The two bosses i encountered are too small , i wished i had seen some huge half screen beasts.

The good points:

-Very good to splendid graphics.

-Some audio tracks are pleasant.

-Nice packaging.

-french and spanish translations.

I noticed two game modes in the beginning , but i actually don't know what they mean.

esteban

Quote from: cosmos99 on 05/26/2013, 02:13 AMI noticed two game modes in the beginning , but i actually don't know what they mean.
DUDE! There is more fun awaiting you when you finish the standard quest. GOOD STUFF that you will SURELY ADD TO YOUR LIST of "The Good Points"... :pcgs:

cosmos99

Good!  :) You know , since i choose french language , i didn't know the meaning of the options , it was unclear , i will look the meaning in english. But if it's even better that's great. :wink:

cosmos99

I've checked again , in english this time but ,i'm still wondering what this all about. The two modes "original" and "balanced" , what does this mean ? The words were well translated to french though.

Is it related to the standard quest you were talking about ? I guess not , i suppose you have to complete the game first. Please tell me the meaning of the two modes at the beginning. Thanks.

I will play the game on the DUO-R and see if those long loadings appear again or not.

CrackTiger

Quote from: cosmos99 on 05/26/2013, 03:07 PMI've checked again , in english this time but ,i'm still wondering what this all about. The two modes "original" and "balanced" , what does this mean ? The words were well translated to french though.

Is it related to the standard quest you were talking about ? I guess not , i suppose you have to complete the game first. Please tell me the meaning of the two modes at the beginning. Thanks.

I will play the game on the DUO-R and see if those long loadings appear again or not.
Original has the tough gameplay of the original PC version. Balanced is more balanced and should require less grinding(?). Both are the same game and are more or less different difficulties.

The occasional long load time is just the CD-ROM getting lost, which is normal for all CD games and is just something PCE hardware does. Because the game loads every time you enter and exit a battle (in order to provide background graphics), there are many more loads than most CD games and you will encounter a lost search more often time-wise, but not in frequency. A six stage action game on CD might only load 8 times during a play through, but 8 loads equals 4 battles in Mysterious Song. If your CD-ROM does get lost, you can just open and close the CD door to restart it.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

cosmos99

Thanks for explanations. I've played a lot of RPG but i've never encountered such phenomenon.

CrackTiger

Quote from: cosmos99 on 05/26/2013, 03:51 PMThanks for explanations. I've played a lot of RPG but i've never encountered such phenomenon.
A lot of PCE CD RPGs? This happens with both Sega-CD and PCE games in general, as it was the first generation of console CD technology. Many PCE RPGs don't use background art in order to avoid loading every fight.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

SeymorOnion

IIRC, Cosmic Fantasy 2 just overlaid the monsters and battle menu on top of the field and dungeon graphics, instead of using a Background.
I think some of the boss battles had a solid black background, tho...

I like the Battle Back Grounds in Mysterious song, and feel that the loading time is worth it, in that game.
Usually it loads pretty fast, but like ya'll said, every so often it can take a while.

cosmos99

Yes you're right Cosmic 2 has no battle background although monsters have better graphics.

Second day on the game , i've now seen one more "video" and i found it beautiful ,very good job !  :)

Well i tried the game on my DUO-R and the long loadings came more often so i suppose it is more related with laser unit condition , greasing and lens condition may be.

French translation is good , villages are really nice. Finally there are very few points i "dislike" , for the next RPG please bring life to all those NPC and i would point too the music balance , sometimes too loud , more sound effects would be appreciated too , other than that ,great game ,bravo !  =D>

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: cosmos99 on 05/26/2013, 02:13 AMI played a bit the game yesterday and Wow! I've been really impressed , what a work you did ! It's even better than i thought ,the game is beautiful. The intro is short but very well drawn , i also love battle backgounds , cutes characters , nice villages and the map too. Battles are short wich is a good thing but you need some levelling before the bosses , although i actually met only two bosses.Music is good although metal on some area is strange... Anyway a must have for the PC Engine that can rank in the upper average. :)

The bad points:

-french traduction is uncomplete but not too annoying.

-audio tracks seem sometimes too short so they oftenly loop.

-NPC are too static ,they don't even turn your direction when you talk to them,they are like statues.

-The game is missing of sound effects.

-Sometimes loadings are very long when most time they are very quick , i can't explain why , is it my Duo ? I will try with my Duo-R.

-The two bosses i encountered are too small , i wished i had seen some huge half screen beasts.

The good points:

-Very good to splendid graphics.

-Some audio tracks are pleasant.

-Nice packaging.

-french and spanish translations.

I noticed two game modes in the beginning , but i actually don't know what they mean.
I believe we ran out of memory for the French translation, it's a shame, but I'm glad it's still playable in French.  For the music, I supposed I could've doubled up the songs so they could last longer, though, that'd take some extra work since I didn't have access to the original songs.

NPC's, yes, they just sit there, & that's always been a bummer for me.  IIRC, there was something in the coding that would've had to been completely redone to have them move around.  So we came up with the idea for them to stand there, but be animated(blinking, waving, sneezing, etc.).  I can't recall if Keranu finished all the frames or not, but, I believe that was also constrained by memory, so wasn't doable. :(

In hindsite, I believe Keranu wishes he had redrawn a lot of the sprites, though, I can't speak for him.  I just seem to recall him saying something along the lines of wanting to go back & redo them all, but, the game had been pushed back & pushed back sooooo many times.
IMG

cosmos99

Just take my remarks as advices for the future not as critics ,but i think you have understand. :)

French translation is really good , it doesn't really matter if it's uncomplete , any RPG fan knows english.

Another point ,again , i never played the original game ,but where are the treasure chests in dungeons ? It's fun to search for treasure chests.

All in all , for a first game it's awesome , i want to complete the game , it's a good sign. :)

CrackTiger

Quote from: cosmos99 on 05/27/2013, 08:20 AMJust take my remarks as advices for the future not as critics ,but i think you have understand. :)

French translation is really good , it doesn't really matter if it's uncomplete , any RPG fan knows english.

Another point ,again , i never played the original game ,but where are the treasure chests in dungeons ? It's fun to search for treasure chests.

All in all , for a first game it's awesome , i want to complete the game , it's a good sign. :)
There are many chests to find in dungeons and often a detour which doesn't lead to the boss or exit at least rewards you with chests. Most are common items, but some contain nice gear.

cosmos99

Oh nice , so later in game , the two first dungeons had no chests and i have not even completed the second one. :)

CrackTiger

You can see some of the chests from upcoming dungeons in some of these screenshots-

Quote from: CrackTiger on 08/28/2012, 04:57 PMHere are some real actual screen shots from early on in the other thread-

IMGIMGIMG

IMGIMG
IMGIMG

IMGIMGIMG
IMGIMGIMG

IMGIMGIMG
IMGIMGIMG

You now have no excuse not to buy the game. :wink:

cosmos99

termis

Got back yesterday, and *sigh*, nothing yet.  Am I the only one who's not received their copy?

OldRover

Everyone's has shipped, so you are probably the only one.

JoshTurboTrollX

Cool, when can we expect Mysterious Song II?
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 06/05/2013, 02:26 PMCool, when can we expect Mysterious Song II?
Har har, how about NEVER! :D
IMG

OldRover

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 06/05/2013, 02:26 PMCool, when can we expect Mysterious Song II?
Never. Mysterious Song was originally designed to be a trilogy, but the original designer only ever produced Chapter I. I designed Chapter X and added it to this release. That's as far as Mysterious Song will ever go.

Mishran

Perhaps it was mentioned already and I missed it, but is a Windows and 360 version still in the works? I remembering you mentioned something about them before. I've got my preferred version already, just curious.