RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Aren't Canadians lovely?

Started by soop, 10/15/2012, 10:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

soop

I really like Canadians, they're just so nice.
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

turboswimbz

:-$ don't let the secret out
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

FiftyQuid

I wholeheartedly agree.  By the way, you are very kind for creating this thread.  Thank you.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

HercTNT

geise

What is this...Canada...? :-s

bob

Canada is so cute.
Americas hat.

NecroPhile

Canuckistanians are good eggs..... except for those damn French Canucks.  The bastards.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Nando

Quote from: guest on 10/15/2012, 01:18 PMCanuckistanians are good eggs..... except for those damn French Canucks.  The bastards.
Hey now!

Then again I lived in Toronto before Montreal so, never mind. Yeah those damn frogs and their 101 laws! Bastids! But man, I will eat Poutine till I exploed!!

bob

One thing about Canada that I just can't seem to shake is that they have crazy strict investment laws when dealing with clients in the U.S.  They treat us like we are Iran or something (at least in the discretionary space). Just makes my life harder.

Come on guys ease up, without America, you wouldn't have irresponsible 18 year olds spending daddy's money in Montreal.

However, I genuinely do like the Habs in this forum.

Nando

Quote from: galam on 10/15/2012, 04:40 PMCome on guys ease up, without America, you wouldn't have irresponsible 18 year olds spending daddy's money in Montreal.
LMAO! Best gambling and titty bars that side of the border.

Bernie

swiss780 is from Canada.....

NecroPhile

Quote from: Bernie on 10/15/2012, 05:26 PMswiss780 is from Canada.....
There's always one ass hat exception.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

FiftyQuid

We all have our flaws.  Where was Xray from?

Drakon

Quote from: soop on 10/15/2012, 10:18 AMI really like Canadians, they're just so nice.
I'm canadian (not the french type), I don't know if I'm all that nice.  I'm not racist though.
https://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/

NightWolve: "I'd say ole XGay fears another relapse, hence the need for strong, daily hetero reinforcement on his desktop. ;)"
Jibbajaba: "The problem with trying to flame Regal is that it's like trying to gut-punch a really fat person."

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

bob

I didn't realize that...

Bernie

America is a pretty wide continent....that includes Canada...  :)

NightWolve

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 10/15/2012, 06:38 PM
We all have our flaws.  Where was Xray from?
Hehe! Too-shay! Well, more like CheckMate actually! Ah Bernie, you set him right up for that one!!! ;)

FiftyQuid

Why Canadians are cooler than Americans:

[Lost] s1600/kraftdinner.jpg
Figure 1:
- It doesn't have to be written on the box for us to know it's Mac & Cheese inside.
- We use a fork to eat it with.  Who the hell uses a spoon to eat this stuff ?

IMG
Figure 2:
- I'll let this image speak for itself.

IMG
Figure 3:
- Not available in British Columbia

And finally... Canadians know the capital of Canada and the capital of the United States.

=;

:lol:

Bernie

Fifty, my balls itch..  Would ya be a bud and scratch em for me?  :)

PunkCryborg

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 10/15/2012, 08:17 PMWhy Canadians are cooler than Americans;

- It doesn't have to be written on the box for us to know it's Mac & Cheese inside.
Yeah but they had to tell you it's dinner in case you guys get confused. You wouldn't write "breakfast" on a cereal box. Also those girls are too hot to be Canadian.

turboswimbz

I once had a teacher who thought it was important for us to know the following:
Capital: Ottawa
Provinces + terr:
East to west no less, (south to north):
Newfoundland
Nova Scotia
Quebec
Ontario
Manitoba
Saskatchewan
Alberta
British Columbia
Nav -i - nut or something like that
NW Territories
Yukon

yeah , okay i checked the map, I missed new Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, and my east to west are a little off, but find other Americans who know this much.
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

FiftyQuid

Quote from: Bernie on 10/15/2012, 08:26 PMFifty, my balls itch..  Would ya be a bud and scratch em for me?  :)
We have universal health care up here for that. ;)

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 10/15/2012, 08:33 PMYeah but they had to tell you it's dinner in case you guys get confused. You wouldn't write "breakfast" on a cereal box. Also those girls are too hot to be Canadian.
:lol: Dinner is on the American version too.  Those girls are probably from Montreal.

PunkCryborg

Yeah but ours is "the cheesiest" so HA

turboswimbz

I just want to know WHO the duck is eatin' it with a spoon?  is that really a thing, You need to fork your fake cheese noodles.

FiftyQuid

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 10/15/2012, 08:44 PMYeah but ours is "the cheesiest" so HA
I thought the bagged milk would get more attention.  :-k

Quote from: turboswimbz on 10/15/2012, 08:45 PMI just want to know WHO the duck is eatin' it with a spoon?  is that really a thing, You need to fork your fake cheese noodles. 
Yeah, that one is just weird.  It's like they are saying it's so damn cheesy that the cheese is dripping so a spoon is the only way to eat it.  All of us know that's bullshit as the cheese in that packet is the furthest thing from cheese.

PunkCryborg

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 10/15/2012, 08:50 PM
Quote from: PunkCryborg on 10/15/2012, 08:44 PMYeah but ours is "the cheesiest" so HA
I thought the bagged milk would get more attention.  :-k
Uh it's just weird you guys can keep your bagged milk. I prefer a carton of milk so there's more room in the fridge for some awesome American craft beer.

Nando

OldRover

I don't care what the girls are eating... as long as they're eating it in my house. :)
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

turboswimbz

Quote from: OldRover on 10/15/2012, 09:10 PMI don't care what the girls are eating... as long as they're eating it in my house. :)
Good point I both want to spoon and Fork things in that picture, and neither of them were made by Kraft.

FiftyQuid

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 10/15/2012, 08:52 PMUh it's just weird you guys can keep your bagged milk. I prefer a carton of milk so there's more room in the fridge for some awesome American craft beer.
Another great thing about bagged milk is that you can freeze it, making plenty of more room in the fridge for beer.  8)

BlueBMW

Ill admit I envy Canada for many things..

1. Their healthcare system... when will us dumb 'Mericans figure it out?
2. Snow... they get lots of it, Im jealous!
3. Theyre status in the world... seems like the whole world hates the US :(
4. A proof is a proof!!!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

soop

I have to admit, there is a particular Canadian I'm thinking of.  I met her about a month ago, completely not the kind of girl I'd usually go for, but I just developed a massive crush on her.  We were texting each other all the time, we went to see a band, we kissed... and now she's gone, back to Canada.

I miss her guys, more than I would have thought.  There's always Facebook I guess.

NightWolve

AHA! So this was another blogging entry all along, eh? ;) I thought there was something fishy about your title all along! You eased us into it, very clever... Heh-heh!

So "The One" Canadian that got away on ya, huh? Awwwwwww. Poor fella... :( Well, got any pictures of her you'd care to share? Might as well now that we know the real purpose of the thread... Hehe! ;)

soop

Quote from: NightWolve on 10/16/2012, 04:43 AMAHA! So this was another blogging entry all along, eh? ;) I thought there was something fishy about your title all along! You eased us into it, very clever... Heh-heh!

So "The One" Canadian that got away on ya, huh? Awwwwwww. Poor fella... :( Well, got any pictures of her you'd care to share? Might as well now that we know the real purpose of the thread... Hehe! ;)
I do like Canadians anyway, I've only met two I didn't like :D
Nah I'm not gonna post up a photo.  Hopefully she'll come back over to study, she really liked England and made a lot of friends.  But in the meantime, I need to take my mind off of her.  Or her off my mind?

PunkCryborg

Bernie

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 10/16/2012, 05:13 AMis Donna canadian?
lol, I mean damn!! Hopefully she will come back soop!!  :)  I know what its like to miss someone.  Or, heres a thought..you go to her!

Drakon

Uhh, I've had some winters with barely any snow.

Quote from: BlueBMW on 10/16/2012, 02:00 AMIll admit I envy Canada for many things..

1. Their healthcare system... when will us dumb 'Mericans figure it out?
2. Snow... they get lots of it, Im jealous!
3. Theyre status in the world... seems like the whole world hates the US :(
4. A proof is a proof!!!
https://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/

NightWolve: "I'd say ole XGay fears another relapse, hence the need for strong, daily hetero reinforcement on his desktop. ;)"
Jibbajaba: "The problem with trying to flame Regal is that it's like trying to gut-punch a really fat person."

TheClash603

I typically like Canadians when in Canada, but there is nothing worse than middle-aged Canadian women shoppers.  I live in a border town and our stores and mall parking lots are filled with Ontario license plates.  Once in the store, Canadian shoppers (especially the affluent ones) are obnoxious as hell.  ESPECIALLY on Black Friday when they take all the good stuff, because Canadians appear to wake up earlier than everyone else.

I feel exploited like a Thai sex slave when the Canadians come around.

...on a side note, if Niagara Falls finalizes this prostitution legalization, I might finally get my chance to have my revenge on the exploitation.

td741

Quote from: guest on 10/15/2012, 01:18 PMCanuckistanians are good eggs..... except for those poopie French Canucks.  The bastards.
"Vas donc peter dans les fleurs" to you too buddy. ;)

Nando

Quote from: TheClash603 on 10/16/2012, 07:55 AM...on a side note, if Niagara Falls finalizes this prostitution legalization, I might finally get my chance to have my revenge on the exploitation.
:shock:

another reason Canada rocks

IMG

FiftyQuid

I still don't understand why America doesn't use the metric system or switch over to Celsius.  Do you know how confusing it is in Canada when I want to weigh something?  Our scales are all imperial/metric bilingual even though we switched over years ago. 

Oh, and exactly how my fluid ounces are in a milligram?   ](*,)

PunkCryborg

How did this turn from soop saying he likes Canadians to Fifty turning this into a "why Canada is better then the US?"

FiftyQuid

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 10/16/2012, 02:09 PMHow did this turn from soop saying he likes Canadians to Fifty turning this into a "why Canada is better then the US?"
Heh heh.  :twisted:  It was the Kraft Dinner that made us do it.  :D

turboswimbz

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 10/16/2012, 02:04 PMOh, and exactly how my fluid ounces are in a milligram?   ](*,)
That depends on what fluid you are talking about :) see explanation below.

I believe you are confusing fluid oz [VOLUME] with lbs. and oz. [WEIGHT]

In terms weight about 28, 000 mg is in 1 OZ or 3.5 e^-5 oz in 1 mg  -> Although I think .035 G might be easier to swallow

As a side note: the US fl. oz is different from the imperial and is 1/16 of an pint.

Nando

and that's why the US FUCKED UP a mars landing back in the day. OOOPS!!

GohanX

Canada is nice. That's why we should attack them, because they would never expect it.

FiftyQuid

You could invade any time.  In fact, if you lowered beer prices by $5 a case you could walk right in without any tanks.

LostFlunky

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 10/16/2012, 06:30 PMYou could invade any time.  In fact, if you lowered beer prices by $5 a case you could walk right in without any tanks.
Don't need an invasion - simply water down your beer until the cost savings are realized! Same result!