OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Limited Run Games

Started by Medic_wheat, 06/03/2016, 04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheClash603

The 10 AM round sells out immediately for the more desired games, but 6 PM usually takes at least 10 minutes for liked games and can take a few hours for the shit.  Scalpers get up early, better off sleeping in and getting round 2.

bartre

Quote from: TheClash603 on 02/04/2017, 02:30 AMThe 10 AM round sells out immediately for the more desired games, but 6 PM usually takes at least 10 minutes for liked games and can take a few hours for the shit.  Scalpers get up early, better off sleeping in and getting round 2.
yeah, this is generally true.
I always try round 1 just to be safe though.

ParanoiaDragon

I didn't bother to get up early this morning, but later I ended up getting both on the 2nd batch.
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: guest on 01/31/2017, 02:55 PMI'd rather they do it right and get it pushed out with all the most recent patches and everything than get it half finished. 
Thought by now skull girls all ready had all the patches.Japan got it's physical release last year so dunno what is the hold up for the na one.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Gypsy on 02/03/2017, 09:29 AMI think Swapper looks fairly interesting. Nice looking platformer with puzzles. Maybe I'm missing something?
Time they have released a few other games with similar if not identical game play to swapper. Volume comes to mind. So I didn't feel the urge to buy it. Curses looked different and more fun. Very arcade like with the whole score aspect and single screen game play.

Gypsy

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 02/05/2017, 10:23 AM
Quote from: Gypsy on 02/03/2017, 09:29 AMI think Swapper looks fairly interesting. Nice looking platformer with puzzles. Maybe I'm missing something?
Time they have released a few other games with similar if not identical game play to swapper. Volume comes to mind. So I didn't feel the urge to buy it. Curses looked different and more fun. Very arcade like with the whole score aspect and single screen game play.
Yeah I ended up getting CnC but not Swapper.

NecroPhile

So I got Aqua Kitty DX yesterday, and it came with a loyalty reward ticket.  It mentions this page, but so far it just says to check back later.  Anyone know anything about it?  Can I save up my tickets for a free limited edition energy drink or rubber stake dildo?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 02/07/2017, 10:53 AMSo I got Aqua Kitty DX yesterday, and it came with a loyalty reward ticket.  It mentions this page, but so far it just says to check back later.  Anyone know anything about it?  Can I save up my tickets for a free limited edition energy drink or rubber stake dildo?
They haven't even shipped my Aqua Kitteh yet, such variance.

Anyway they mentioned they would be implementing something like this awhile ago. Given that everything will be "free" I wouldn't expect too much.

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: guest on 02/07/2017, 10:53 AMSo I got Aqua Kitty DX yesterday, and it came with a loyalty reward ticket.  It mentions this page, but so far it just says to check back later.  Anyone know anything about it?  Can I save up my tickets for a free limited edition energy drink or rubber stake dildo?
Hmmm, I didn't get a loyalty dealy....wierd.
IMG

Gypsy

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 02/09/2017, 01:36 AM
I think it depends on how many of their games you have been buying, so if you've been skipping the turds it's less likely.

Flare65

Quote from: Gypsy on 02/09/2017, 08:17 AM
Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 02/09/2017, 01:36 AM
I think it depends on how many of their games you have been buying, so if you've been skipping the turds it's less likely.
And there have been a lot of turds......

NecroPhile

Quote from: Gypsy on 02/09/2017, 08:17 AMI think it depends on how many of their games you have been buying, so if you've been skipping the turds it's less likely.
The threshold can't be too high, as Aqua Kitty DX was only the sixth game (out of 37) of theirs that I've bought.

ParanoiaDragon

I found the envelope & looked inside, & there was a little ticket floating around in there!  Not sure I'll ever use these things, have to just wait n' see what they offer.
IMG

bartre

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 02/10/2017, 02:41 AMI found the envelope & looked inside, & there was a little ticket floating around in there!  Not sure I'll ever use these things, have to just wait n' see what they offer.
yeah, i got two in my package (two games i'm guessing)
curious what they're gonna do.

NecroPhile

An update from the page linked above:

Quote from: Limited Run GamesThank you for being a loyal Limited Run Games fan. You're likely here because you've gotten a loyalty ticket with one of your orders. We are hard at work on creating an order form for you to redeem your tickets. The order form should be available by February 17th, 2017.

With loyalty tickets, you will be able to get your hands on exclusive merchandise like key chains, t-shirts, hoodies, stickers, and variant cover games.

Please note that loyalty tickets are non-transferable and have no monetary value. We reserve the right to cancel the loyalty ticket program at any time.

xcrement5x

I wonder if you will have to mail in your tickets to redeem stuff.

NecroPhile

Since they say they're non-transferable, that must mean they keep track of the ticket numbers, so you wouldn't need to turn them over as proof.  They could still require it, though, knowing that many collectards would rather keep the ticket as part of a 'complete' copy, thus never redeeming them and costing LRG money.

bartre

Quote from: Limited Run GamesWith loyalty tickets, you will be able to get your hands on exclusive merchandise like key chains, t-shirts, hoodies, stickers, and variant cover games.
fucking hell man.
that's the dumbest thing ever.
i mean, a free game? sure.
but an exclusive version? nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

also, LRG might be getting some competition-
http://specialreservegames.com.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/

Gypsy

They announced some games today: Pang Adventures, Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae and Astebreed.

NecroPhile

Pang is a dotemu game, so there's hope that LRG will do a physical version of Ys Origin (assuming dotemu won't themselves).  [-o<

Gypsy

Could you imagine the bloodbath trying to order Ys Origins? LOL.

Anyway

IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: Gypsy on 02/22/2017, 03:28 PMCould you imagine the bloodbath trying to order Ys Origins? LOL.
Not if they did it like Skull Girls.

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 02/22/2017, 03:46 PM
Quote from: Gypsy on 02/22/2017, 03:28 PMCould you imagine the bloodbath trying to order Ys Origins? LOL.
Not if they did it like Skull Girls.
That would be fantastic but they seem to decide that at random. Regardless I really hope that happens now, I'd definitely buy it.

Medic_wheat

Of the announced games to be released I can say only one holds my interest. But then again if it's the game I think I enjoyed the neo geo original.

Talking about pang.

Yes it's the game I thought. However the super clean look reminded me to much of a flash game off a cell phone. Pass

bartre

I'm actually excited about the Bit.Trip stuff.
shit was hella fun on the Wii.
I'll have to finally play mitsurugi blah blah blah, bought it off steam forever ago.

jtucci31

Man I can't even get excited for this shit, because I just know they'll sell out insanely quickly.

bartre

I know how you feel.
Here's hoping they start doing better games.

Flare65

I don't know much about Bit Trip games.  I picked up Bit Trip Saga on the Nintendo 3DS a few months ago used at Gamestop for $4.99  The games didn't strike be as anything incredible.  Kind of reminded me of some games on the Atari 2600.

I'll probably pass on these.  Now where is my Skull Girls pre order???

NecroPhile

Having two versions of Runner 2 stinks of a cash grab.  With only 1000 copies of each platform, I expect the PAX version to be flip gouged to the moon.

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 02/23/2017, 09:37 AMHaving two versions of Runner 2 stinks of a cash grab.  With only 1000 copies of each platform, I expect the PAX version to be flip gouged to the moon.
Yep. Herp derp.

I'll get the pantsu game and definitely Astebreed. Outside of those two, I'm not sure.

bartre

Quote from: guest on 02/23/2017, 09:37 AMHaving two versions of Runner 2 stinks of a cash grab.  With only 1000 copies of each platform, I expect the PAX version to be flip gouged to the moon.
oh christ I didn't even see that.
man, fuck this.

I mean, Runner 2 was a lot of fun, at least I thought so.
but the exclusive cover art thing is pretty well shit.

jtucci31

Well they officially announced Dariusburst on their Instagram (I think i saw it there) for PS4 though they are still trying for the Vita version as well.

Doubt I'll get it, but still pretty cool.

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 02/23/2017, 02:06 PMWell they officially announced Dariusburst on their Instagram (I think i saw it there) for PS4 though they are still trying for the Vita version as well.

This game is great. If I didn't already have the import I'd definitely be buying it.

Oh and NecroPhile I asked them about Ys Origins and it seems like it's something they REALLY want to get done. Cheers.

TR0N

Quote from: guest on 02/23/2017, 02:06 PMWell they officially announced Dariusburst on their Instagram (I think i saw it there) for PS4 though they are still trying for the Vita version as well.

Daruis Burst is getting a japan physical release next month for PS4.
http://www.play-asia.com/daruisburst-chronicle-saviours/13/70ajgd
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Medic_wheat

Battle Princess Madelyn

A game I have never heard of however it does interest me.

Might be my next limited run game.

Flare65

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 03/18/2017, 10:06 PMBattle Princess Madelyn

I would kill for this game on the Vita

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Flare65 on 03/20/2017, 12:17 AM

The Vita feels like it is at that 50/50 stage of its life span. New games being ported to it are still possibly but with such a "not sure of market" for a developer to bother.

Medic_wheat

So I went ahead and kickstarted the game. Honestly it seemed like the better option then to try and buy the standered released from limited run.

I hadn't realized initially the game was a kickstarter game.
Something tells me Anita will still have issues with this game. Dang CIS people flaunting their confermity in gender identity and roles. When will there be a gender fluid trans female heroine people?

Flare65

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 03/20/2017, 10:22 AM
Quote from: Flare65 on 03/20/2017, 12:17 AM

The Vita feels like it is at that 50/50 stage of its life span. New games being ported to it are still possibly but with such a "not sure of market" for a developer to bother.
Not trying to hijack the thread, but there are still a lot of physical releases slated for the system between now and the end of the year, not counting anything Limited Run Games is putting out.  Lots of digital only games as well.

Back on topic....  I'm still on the fence about backing this.  It seems the only physical copy of the game will be on the PS4.  I still don't have either a PS4/Xbone and at this stage of the game, I'm leaning towards passing on those consoles and getting a Switch next year sometime when the hype dies down and Nintendo bundles it with some games.

Very curious to see if this game makes the Vita stretch goal....

Medic_wheat

I don't have a PS4 either. However I have been picking up physical games I find interesting or fear would be to hard to find st a reasonable price later.

It seems every time I am about to get a PS4 life happens. Lol. What need a new roof?  Okay. What wife is pregnant with baby number two? Shift priorities. What we might move next year and need to sell the house and get things in order?  Got it. Lol.

I figured getting a system eventually is the easy part. Some of the game not so much. Good thing is a lot of definitive and GOY editions as well as HD re-releases are dirt cheap and will be even cheaper when ever I do get the system. So my library and gaming for (current) gen is easy.

schweaty

If some kind soul would pick up a copy of astrebreed for me today, I would greatly appreciate it.  I am flying for 12 hours and won't be able to purchase it for either release time.  I will reimburse any costs or additional shipping of course.

NecroPhile

I'll try for ya, schweaty.

*edit*

Got it.  :mrgreen:

bartre

Quote from: schweaty on 03/31/2017, 05:48 AMIf some kind soul would pick up a copy of astrebreed for me today, I would greatly appreciate it.  I am flying for 12 hours and won't be able to purchase it for either release time.  I will reimburse any costs or additional shipping of course.
hopefully NecroPhile can get you covered; I'm already helping someone in the same situation

Medic_wheat

I'm just broke lol.

xcrement5x

I forgot about the release this morning until about 8:15 and by that point Astebreed was gone.  I'll try in the afternoon, normally it's slower then. 

xcrement5x

Got my copies in huzzah!  I picked up an extra Astebreed for a friend but if they fall through and anyone is interested I'll keep it on hand. 

Gypsy

I bought Ass Breeze and the panty game.

cr8zykuban0

same here, my buddy told me about this game and love how it feels like a ghouls and ghosts game!I kickstarted it, looks very promising!

Medic_wheat

Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 03/31/2017, 07:24 PM

same here, my buddy told me about this game and love how it feels like a ghouls and ghosts game!I kickstarted it, looks very promising!
I went ahead and did the same.

bartre

Quote from: Gypsy on 03/31/2017, 06:08 PMI bought Ass Breeze and the panty game.
panty samurai is actually surprisingly fun, i got it off steam for a couple bucks a while back and it's pretty good