OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Nintendo Switch Thread (previously NX)

Started by Otaking, 07/03/2016, 08:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dicer

I can confirm they taste like fat girl booty sweat after a long humid weekend and no shower...

turboswimbz

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

THIS IS WHY  YOU KEEP YOUR GAMES SEALED!

licking games is the number one downgrade of graded games these days.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Digi.k

NecroPhile

Quote from: Digi.k on 08/09/2017, 10:35 PMLooks like they bringing a JB harold Murder club game for the switch
"... originating on the Famicom in 1986... "

I'm pretty sure it started on PC-88/98, but it's cool that JB's still getting some love, even if it is just a rehash of the DS game.  Maybe it'll do well enough that they can do something totally new?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

sirhcman

Does anyone else want to join our DoxPhile Splat squad? Right now we have four people but its hard to get all four on at the same time (usually 2 or 3 of us are on at once). If you are interested in joining just message me on this thread, pm or come by the DoxPhile chat and hit us up!

Psycho Punch

Quote from: Digi.k on 08/09/2017, 10:35 PMLooks like they bringing a JB harold Murder club game for the switch

http://switchplayer.net/2017/08/03/j-b-harold-murder-club-gathers-on-switch-next-week-in-japan/
I played JB Harold yesterday and aside from the game screwing me majorly at the end by not allowing me to make Janet, Suzie and Henry Klein to confess because of something I missed, I have "beaten" the game. Hopefully they release an english version so more people can experience it.
This Toxic Turbo Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs!
I had to delete THOUSANDS of error log entries cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

wildfruit

Well I've had this thing for 4 months now and the dock hasn't scratched the screen.  Anyone else had that trouble?

Gredler

Quote from: guest on 08/13/2017, 11:00 AMDoes anyone else want to join our DoxPhile Splat squad? Right now we have four people but its hard to get all four on at the same time (usually 2 or 3 of us are on at once). If you are interested in joining just message me on this thread, pm or come by the DoxPhile chat and hit us up!
Splatoon is dumb fun, I like it

TheClash603

Quote from: guest on 08/13/2017, 11:00 AMDoes anyone else want to join our DoxPhile Splat squad? Right now we have four people but its hard to get all four on at the same time (usually 2 or 3 of us are on at once). If you are interested in joining just message me on this thread, pm or come by the DoxPhile chat and hit us up!
I'm in, we need to do a friend code swap?

Digi.k

I'm still undecided about splatoon I didn't play much of the wii u game...

Quote from: wildfruit on 08/13/2017, 12:50 PMWell I've had this thing for 4 months now and the dock hasn't scratched the screen.  Anyone else had that trouble?
I got paranoid about this because of the internet.  So I bought a tempered glass solution which was tricky to put in place but it's working I guess.  No air bubbles and no scratches but I wonder how the hell am I going to take it off...

Also if you make a japanese account you can download demos from the japanese site.
Currently been trying out the demo for monster hunter XX which a lot of people are worried won't get a western release.

Dicer

Quote from: Digi.k on 08/13/2017, 03:46 PMI'm still undecided about splatoon I didn't play much of the wii u game...

Quote from: wildfruit on 08/13/2017, 12:50 PMWell I've had this thing for 4 months now and the dock hasn't scratched the screen.  Anyone else had that trouble?
I got paranoid about this because of the internet.  So I bought a tempered glass solution which was tricky to put in place but it's working I guess.  No air bubbles and no scratches but I wonder how the hell am I going to take it off...

Also if you make a japanese account you can download demos from the japanese site.
Currently been trying out the demo for monster hunter XX which a lot of people are worried won't get a western release.
The glass is removed by just heating it up slowly with a hair dryer... and well you shouldn't have to remove it...

As for splat we have a nice little team going, hop on in.

Digi.k

ah thanks was just wondering what if the case came about for me to remove it.

jtucci31

Quote from: TheClash603 on 08/13/2017, 02:34 PM
Yes! Come by the DoxPhile chat if you can so that we can all swap codes and get our party started!

Gredler

Quote from: guest on 08/14/2017, 11:30 AMYes! Come by the DoxPhile chat if you can so that we can all swap codes and get our party started!
I don't think DoxPhile attendance should be / is required, my friends code is in my sig; why not post yours here tucci sirhc dicer?

Quote from: Digi.k on 08/13/2017, 03:46 PMI'm still undecided about splatoon I didn't play much of the wii u game...
I never played the Wii U version, but decided to try this one because the DoxPhilers were playing and I figured why not might as well see what nintendo did with this first online shooter - and I really like it. The feeling of shooting then diving down into the goop and swimming around quickly to pop up and shoot more is very good, and there seems to be endless amounts of stuff to do.

sirhcman

Quote from: Gredler on 08/14/2017, 01:10 PM
Quote from: guest on 08/14/2017, 11:30 AMYes! Come by the DoxPhile chat if you can so that we can all swap codes and get our party started!
I don't think DoxPhile attendance should be / is required, my friends code is in my sig; why not post yours here tucci sirhc dicer?
If we are playing together we need communication so we either need a discord/skype/or DoxPhile chat.

jtucci31

Quote from: guest on 08/14/2017, 01:33 PM
Quote from: Gredler on 08/14/2017, 01:10 PM
If we are playing together we need communication so we either need a discord/skype/or DoxPhile chat.
Yeah that's definitely more of what I meant to say.

But also my Switch code is: 0241-7907-6414

sirhcman

When do you guys want to play? We need 4 people in order to squad up.

If you haven't done so already add me.. My friend code: SW-5856-7623-1108

TheClash603

Quote from: guest on 08/15/2017, 04:47 PM

Do you guys play team ranked battles or standard mode?

Dicer

If you wanna get Sonic Mania on the cheap...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1419742

It's not working for me atm, but seems to work for other folks

Gredler

Quote from: TheClash603 on 08/15/2017, 10:16 PMDo you guys play team ranked battles or standard mode?
I have only played regular battle turf war, salmon run, and single player. I have yet to play anything else but would be down.

Quote from: Dicer on 08/15/2017, 10:34 PMIf you wanna get Sonic Mania on the cheap...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1419742

It's not working for me atm, but seems to work for other folks
Something about using a Russian loophole to save 8 dollars makes me hesitant. I know our president is buddies but I am pensive to try it.

That being said, I do think I will buy it full price if nothing else but to support the team behind it.

wildfruit

I'm waiting for a game card cos collectard.

sirhcman

Quote from: TheClash603 on 08/15/2017, 10:16 PM

I only play turf war because I don't feel like playing ranked with randoms. I had too many random members screw our team over in ranked so I gave up.

jtucci31

Quote from: guest on 08/16/2017, 11:14 AM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 08/15/2017, 10:16 PM

I only play turf war because I don't feel like playing ranked with randoms. I had too many random members screw our team over in ranked so I gave up.
The only kind of ranked matches I've liked so far are the Rainmaker ones. I don't care much for the tower defense games, but that may be because I also didn't care for my teammates.

Also have no idea what salmon run even is.

sirhcman

Quote from: guest on 08/16/2017, 04:11 PMAlso have no idea what salmon run even is.
I think its like a horde mode type game. I only did the first test level

Gredler

The salmon run is in a building behind and to the left of the main multiplayer area, just past the manhole you go down [phrasing] for single player. Like sirhc said, it's a hoard mode. Very unique from the rest of the game, I enjoy it a lot!

sirhcman

Quote from: Gredler on 08/16/2017, 07:11 PMThe salmon run is in a building behind and to the left of the main multiplayer area, just past the manhole you go down [phrasing] for single player. Like sirhc said, it's a hoard mode. Very unique from the rest of the game, I enjoy it a lot!
Or just hit X from the hub world and click Grizzco. Way easier

Gredler

sirhcman

Gredler

Quote from: guest on 08/16/2017, 07:30 PM
Quote from: Gredler on 08/16/2017, 07:21 PMIMG
Just trying to help. Sorry
Apology accepted.

cdninstagram /10979663_1383192588660386_241398251_n.jpg

sirhcman

wildfruit

Picked up a hori pad. It's pretty decent. Sturdy, weighty fits good in the hands and the cord is of a decent length. Recommend unless you really want wireless which is not really worth the 100% price premium.

sirhcman

Quote from: wildfruit on 08/17/2017, 10:03 AMPicked up a hori pad. It's pretty decent. Sturdy, weighty fits good in the hands and the cord is of a decent length. Recommend unless you really want wireless which is not really worth the 100% price premium.
It looks like a well built pad! I play Splatoon 2 with the game muted and need rumble functionality to know when I am getting hit. I was in the market to buy this pad until I found out it has no rumble :(

TheClash603

Friend Code is SW-8141-1075-3929 and playing some splatoon now.

You guys should add me for next time you play at least.

Arkhan Asylum

holy shit I forgot I own a switch, lol.

I SHOULD PROLLY TURN THAT BITCHSKIE ON AND SEE WHATS UP
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Mishran

Recently picked up Cave Story and Has-been Heroes. Cave Story I really enjoyed. HB Heroes, not so much. Looking forward to Mario Odyssey and plan on picking up Skyrim when it releases. Been years since I played through Skyrim and want to give another run through. Splatoon is on my pickup list as well.

Personally, I feel the offerings for Switch has been less than great, but hope thing turn around next year. Year one always tends to be the low point for releases.

jtucci31

Quote from: Mishran on 08/29/2017, 07:04 PMRecently picked up Cave Story and Has-been Heroes. Cave Story I really enjoyed. HB Heroes, not so much. Looking forward to Mario Odyssey and plan on picking up Skyrim when it releases. Been years since I played through Skyrim and want to give another run through. Splatoon is on my pickup list as well.

Personally, I feel the offerings for Switch has been less than great, but hope thing turn around next year. Year one always tends to be the low point for releases.
Cave Story was really great on the Switch. So many choices for soundtracks and it controlled really well. Plus it's getting (or already has gotten) updates for 2p mode and a few other things. Though, I'm still stuck on the final boss.

Dicer

I literally haven't touched bomberman, so I am sellin it off...

But I did manage to get Mario-X-Rabbids which is fucking FANTASTIC.
Ubisoft made an amazing mario and rabbids game, who fucking knew?

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 08/29/2017, 08:36 PM
Quote from: Mishran on 08/29/2017, 07:04 PMRecently picked up Cave Story and Has-been Heroes. Cave Story I really enjoyed. HB Heroes, not so much. Looking forward to Mario Odyssey and plan on picking up Skyrim when it releases. Been years since I played through Skyrim and want to give another run through. Splatoon is on my pickup list as well.

Cave Story was really great on the Switch. So many choices for soundtracks and it controlled really well. Plus it's getting (or already has gotten) updates for 2p mode and a few other things. Though, I'm still stuck on the final boss.
I've been stuck on the final boss in the original Cave Story on my Wii for nearly eight years! He's a bastard and the devs should've dialed the difficulty back on him some.

Mathius

Here's a peek at the Nindie games scheduled for release on the Switch. This is the Euro version but NOA is due to make an announcement tomorrow (Wed) for NA. I'm super excited for some of these games! I'm proud to own a Switch.

TheClash603

Quote from: Mathius on 08/29/2017, 11:02 PMHere's a peek at the Nindie games scheduled for release on the Switch. This is the Euro version but NOA is due to make an announcement tomorrow (Wed) for NA. I'm super excited for some of these games! I'm proud to own a Switch.
I'm not sure if it is simple to make a game look good in a 5 second clip or if 10 good games are actually coming out, but the video certainly has me intrigued.

Gredler

I have still played a round of splatoon 2 here or there; I really like the quick get in get out gameplay and it's a nice addition to have when I want to play something high pace and third/first person shooter style.

I got some new switch games, some hits some misses

Sonic Mania - I really like it and it plays just like the old 16 bit sonics. It feels most similar to a mix between 3 and CD, but graphically it looks like a higher frame count color count Sonic 2 and CD. I liked the old sonics, and like this one too - a great addition to my switch library choices. I wish there was a physical version, but I am glad to have it at all and wanted to support the devs for their great effort.

Mighty Gun Volt Burst - Should be called mighty gun volt bust. I do not like this game. The graphics suck, the music is not great, and the gameplay is confusing and frustrating take on the megaman games. The create your own weapon is kinda novel and unique, but I'd prefer presets with just a straight forward "here is weapon b which is strong vs boss c" type design.

Aero Fighters 2 Neo Geo ACA Port - I wanted to get one of these Neo Geo ports to see what they were like, and I was more than pleasantly surprised. The breadth of emulator options is awesome, and it runs perfectly AFAIK. It's also really awesome having a game from that genre on this platform, I am super happy with this purchase, but probably wont spend that high a price ($8) for a ROM again any time soon. No regrets on this one, but wont go with any more.

I also picked up Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle. I've played about 15 hours of XCom and really liked it, but PC games for me always end up playing second fiddle to homebrew projects - if I am sitting at a computer the nagging guilt that I should be working on a project is too strong to jump into a game - so I ended up never finishing that game or putting a ton of hours in despite thoroughly enjoying it. I've loved tactical RPGs since I first played FFT, and have gone back to older titles and played many since then, so I am very excited to see what this game is like. I get a Super Mario RPG vibe from the "mario experiment with genre, setting, and developer" origin story of this game. I will be playing it tonight and tomorrow some, I hope, and will post my opinions after getting some time under my belt.

Mishran

Quote from: Gredler on 08/30/2017, 07:05 PMSonic Mania - I really like it and it plays just like the old 16 bit sonics. It feels most similar to a mix between 3 and CD, but graphically it looks like a higher frame count color count Sonic 2 and CD. I liked the old sonics, and like this one too - a great addition to my switch library choices. I wish there was a physical version, but I am glad to have it at all and wanted to support the devs for their great effort.
Still holding out hope for a possible cart release of Sonic Mania. Doubt it'll ever happen, but I'm gonna wait a few months longer and if none materializes, I'll likely pick up the download version.

Quote from: Mathius on 08/29/2017, 10:53 PM
Quote from: guest on 08/29/2017, 08:36 PM

I've been stuck on the final boss in the original Cave Story on my Wii for nearly eight years! He's a bastard and the devs should've dialed the difficulty back on him some.
I played at the default difficulty and was able to beat him on the first try. Perhaps I just got lucky. I was down to my last half life bar when I won, so I basically barely won. Was definitely a good game and will be  trying on a harder difficulty at some point.

Digi.k

hrrrrrrrggggggggnnnn  my social lyfe.....

Dicer

Doom and Wolfenstein were surprises...

Digi.k

Quote from: Dicer on 09/13/2017, 07:18 PMDoom and Wolfenstein were surprises...
The demo for Project Octopath is up now

EDIT

Also

IMG
IMG

Dicer

Playing the octo demo now, love the art...a bit grindy to beat the first "boss" but it's solid and def nice to look at so far.

crazydean

So is the plan with the controllers to mimic the N64 idea of every color possible? Not that I'm complaining. I always enjoyed seeing new colors for the N64 controllers.

Digi.k

Quote from: Dicer on 09/13/2017, 08:37 PMPlaying the octo demo now, love the art...a bit grindy to beat the first "boss" but it's solid and def nice to look at so far.
It was said that this is made by the team who did Bravely Default but this game is giving me SaGa vibes.

TR0N

Quote from: Digi.k on 09/13/2017, 07:09 PMhrrrrrrrggggggggnnnn  my social lyfe.....
Don't expect PSO2 to have a western release  :P Heck in NA soa promised the pc version and it never happen the bastards.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

jtucci31

I probably won't get Doom or Wolfenstein on Switch since I have a PS4, but still pretty cool that it's even a thing!

I can't wait to try that Square RPG demo though!