FX-Unit Yuki: The Henshin Engine for TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine

Started by sirhcman, 09/19/2016, 09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirhcman

I know there is a thread already about this (located here) but I thought the thread was confusing since the title states it is a tribute comic. While this is true there is also a companion game being developed by Sarumaru, TheOldRover, and BlackTiger. They currently have a Kickstarter going in order to get the necessary funds to complete the game. If you want to give the game a go before pledging they have a demo on the website that you can download and play via emulator or burn to a cd-r and play on an actual system!

https://www.fxunityuki.com

Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sarumaru/henshin-engine-the-game-pc-engine-tg-16-pc-steam

A nice video by Aaron on the game:
henshinengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/HElongbanner-banner2.jpg
IMG

Sarumaru

Weww fancy~ Party in the Turbobs thread!  :lol:

JoshTurboTrollX

Can't wait to play this biotch!!  Much Excite!  WAW!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

esteban

And here is ninja_spirit from pcefx playing Le Henshin Engine at AVGC in New Jersey:

IMG
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

HailingTheThings

IMG

Sarumaru

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 09/20/2016, 05:22 PMIMG

LOL this made me shoot soda out of my left nostril. And I didn't have any soda. I hope you are happy.

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Sarumaru on 09/20/2016, 05:37 PMLOL this made me shoot soda out of my left nostril. And I didn't have any soda. I hope you are happy.
Yes, very much. :3
IMG

780racer

I am super excited for this game, I have gotten to play it at the 2DCon and its very good. I also have really liked the comic and Saru did a great job on the art, and Rover kicked ass (as always) on making the vidia game.

technozombie

GoldenWheels

Got on board for a physical copy, looks very cool.

NightWolve

Backed for $65 just now... Aaron says they need a little help to push them over the finish line BTW, backing has slowed down, so if you can spam the Kickstarter on other forums when time permits, it'd be appreciated!!!

Man, I was pissed, I tried to for hours yesterday to get through to the morons @ Kickstarter... Finally, I just deleted and recreated my account in order to back this with my Discover card... Why the hell isn't PayPal supported anyway, they like collecting CC #'s ??

They had me on viewing-only mode, I just never knew since nothing had interested me to back since I created my account originally. That little thin-skinned monster, Psycho John Schizomaniak, I had sent him a PM celebrating Agness Kaku's (the MGS2 [PS2] translator) libel lawsuit against him 2 years ago when his Kickstarter project was going, and I guess he reported it. They let him have his public nervous breakdown right on his project page, attacking and obsessing over these 2 Japanese sisters like a madman, and that was OK as he raked in ~$115,000 USD, but I got blocked for an "abusive" PM...

Anyway, I'm proud of these guys and want their partnership to succeed! I admit I'm a little envious given how I partnered with the wrong people in the past (ya know, like the cock-flasher from the NeoGeo forums) in my youthful energetic years back in 2002. I'm pushing 40 now, I don't have the energy to work like that again (e.g. pulling all nighter debugging sessions), and those projects/work hours were wasted helping a petty monster make it into the videogame industry off my back... Leaves you a tad bitter/dispirited as you can well imagine and less than enthusiastic to partner up with somebody again on other projects...

But yeah, they're good guys, they deserve all the success that they can achieve, I hope they make it... Make your dreams reality...JUST DO IT!!
Well, I can't just leave out my favorite remix when it comes to Shia since I went there:
:lol:

esteban

NightWolve

They're over $14k now... Maybe a cool even $15k would've been a better target, but 13 days to go, we'll see! It could still make it first time around!

sirhcman

If it gets to $15,500 it will be funded (trust me)  8)

nopepper

Can I just send the moneys directly to Black Tiger etc. so that I dont have to sign up to Kickstarter or sign in through FB?

I dont want to be part of Kickstarter...

NightWolve

You have to nopepper, or the Kickstarter might fail its target goal... What you give privately cannot be counted by the Kickstarter system... That's how it goes. Also sucks, but you'll have to pull out a credit card as Paypal is not supported for some reason...

Advice: Log in with Facebook, let it create your account that way, back it with a CC (uncheck the box to save your number for other projects), wait till it's over if it succeeds, then after your CC is charged and you know for sure, go to your account settings and completely delete your account (it allows complete deletion). Again, *WAIT* till this is all over and you see the charge on your online CC billing before deleting the account!

This is the only way if you want your backing/investing to get the project over the finish line (it could still make it without you, but every person is critical right now and counts as backing has slowed down!).

mickcris

Papal charges a fee so they most likely don't want to pay it

NightWolve

I can't imagine it's more than what CC companies charge, a % cut of the total or something, as they had a monopoly for so long and it's why some brick'n'mortar retailers only accept debit cards. Anybody know for sure what the rates are, is PayPal now worse than the average CC company ?? Just out of curiosity.

mickcris

not sure how right this is
https://www.valuepenguin.com/what-credit-card-processing-fees-costs
says visa is 1.43% to 2.4%

paypal charges $0.30 + 2.9%
paypal also has to pay the processing fee and passes it off to the customer

OldRover

Paypal is close to the same fees as many credit cards. The gap is just about closed and has been ever since their policy revisions in mid-2015. From what I understand, Paypal was always able to keep its fees lower because they did bulk CC processing but that all went to shit last year. As a rule, merchant fees SUCK... speaking from experience on that one.

EDIT: Okay, if that link is right, then Paypal has actually exceeded the fees then...
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

mickcris

paypal also sucks.  they could just decide they were going to hold kickstarters money for what ever reason.  im sure there are many reasons they choose not to use it.

It just makes it easier for normal people that cannot accept credit cards to take payments.  There is not much more reason for it to exist.

OldRover

I remember the outrage over the 30 cent flat fee... it put a severe dent in microtransactions... like people who had designed games that sold in-game content for a dollar or two... they were forced to pay the 30 cents on top of the percentage, which is a huge profit loss for them.
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

nopepper

Quote from: NightWolve on 09/22/2016, 05:11 PMYou have to nopepper, or the Kickstarter might fail its target goal... What you give privately cannot be counted by the Kickstarter system... That's how it goes. Also sucks, but you'll have to pull out a credit card as Paypal is not supported for some reason...

Advice: Log in with Facebook, let it create your account that way, back it with a CC (uncheck the box to save your number for other projects), wait till it's over if it succeeds, then after your CC is charged and you know for sure, go to your account settings and completely delete your account (it allows complete deletion). Again, *WAIT* till this is all over and you see the charge on your online CC billing before deleting the account!

This is the only way if you want your backing/investing to get the project over the finish line (it could still make it without you, but every person is critical right now and counts as backing has slowed down!).
I'll back it this weekend, once I have some free time to go over all the options. I cannot not do this; it's a new PCE game for chrissakes!

Appreciate your response and detailed explanation.

majors

We'll have a Henshin-Engine demo running at AWA (Anime Weekend Atlanta) next weekend (Sept 30 - Oct 2nd, 2016) if any folks in the area want to check it. 20" PVM running RGB.

It'll be in the arcade area. The con requires a badge, but the arcade are is not in the main area and historically pretty weak on badge checks(no promises tho).
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

xcrement5x

I plan on backing it next week, just need to take care of some other stuff first.

NightWolve

Quote from: OldRover on 09/22/2016, 06:15 PMI remember the outrage over the 30 cent flat fee... it put a severe dent in microtransactions... like people who had designed games that sold in-game content for a dollar or two... they were forced to pay the 30 cents on top of the percentage, which is a huge profit loss for them.
Oooooh, I see, right, the .99 cent charges for in-app purchases or say MP3s must've been the target for that, etc... Yeah, so an immediate .30 cent charge on each sale plus the other % would really take a bite out of your profit! It's a 30% cut + 2.9% each time!!!

Keith Courage

oh, so the Henshin engine is a game? for the longest time because of the name, I thought this was an actual engine being developed to help design games. You know, much like people would talk about the Quake 3 engine or the Unreal Tournament engine.

anyways, the game looks great. Keep up the good work.

NightWolve

Up to $14,812 today, almost ready to cross the $15k mark with 12 days to go... We'll see...

If you know other places where PCE fans tend to congregate, by all means, spam away... I handled most of the Facebook groups I know already. Only thing else I was thinking of was maybe that French PCE forum (or whatever French PCE groups are out there), might be worth a visit to their #utopiasoft chatroom as well.

OldRover

We're gonna clear it. :) HE will be a reality. :D

esteban

Quote from: NightWolve on 09/23/2016, 07:32 PMUp to $14,812 today, almost ready to cross the $15k mark with 12 days to go... We'll see...

If you know other places where PCE fans tend to congregate, by all means, spam away... I handled most of the Facebook groups I know already. Only thing else I was thinking of was maybe that French PCE forum (or whatever French PCE groups are out there), might be worth a visit to their #utopiasoft chatroom as well.
Does necstasy still exist?

I haven't been there in years.

gheebee

Finally got my small pledge in for this and can't wait to see the project reach the funding goal! :)

OldRover

Thanks to Gamester81's push on youtube, the campaign broke $16k. We're literally down to the last few hundred to make goal. :D Even Larry Bundy Jr, the Larry Bundy Jr, aka Guru Larry, showed up on Gamester81's video comments section. :D

cabbage

blueraven

GOAL IS MET!!   =D> =D> =D> =D>

backers
$16,474
pledged of $16,400 goal

Congrats, Saru!... And great job guys!

You will now be property of the PC Engine until christmas! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

esteban

Quote from: OldRover on 09/24/2016, 11:11 PMThanks to Gamester81's push on youtube, the campaign broke $16k. We're literally down to the last few hundred to make goal. :D Even Larry Bundy Jr, the Larry Bundy Jr, aka Guru Larry, showed up on Gamester81's video comments section. :D
I like Guru Larry! :)

EDIT, AFTERTHOUGHT: congrats on successful kickstarter (jk about it being an afterthought)

:)

OldRover

It's now broken $17k... looks like there is a push for that DC version after all. :)

technozombie

Congrats on reaching the kickstarter goal. I cant wait to get my copy.

elmer

Sarumaru

I'm so excited i could pewp!.... oh, too late.  :-&

Otaking

Gamester81 has done a video on this game

Edit. seen it's already been mentioned.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

HailingTheThings

IMG

esteban

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 09/25/2016, 09:23 PMGamester81 scares me. :)
You're silly.

He's just a big, huggable, baby gorilla. :)

He has a kind of charm about him... like Lou Ferrigno... a simple, but sincere, growth-hormone-ingesting kind of charm.

I'm serious.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: esteban on 09/25/2016, 10:16 PM
You're silly.

He has a kind of charm about him... like Lou Ferrigno... a simple, but sincere, growth-hormone-ingesting kind of charm.

I'm serious.
By comparing him to Lou Ferrigno, I believe you're breaking the lost eleventh commandment, "Thou Shalt Not Compliment Gamester81! Ever!"

I think that's how it goes anyway.

In other news, I brought my NES over to a friends' house this weekend because he's racist against the TurboGrafx. Well that, or he just simply was like "Hey man, bring over your NES so we can play toytles."

Next weekend Imma hafta try to get him into that good sh*t, though. Yah.

*Updated to fix quotation?
IMG

NecroPhile

It's over $18k now and there's still 10 days to go.  Congrats!
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

geise

Gredler

Congrats on the success fellers, and good luck on the rest of the campaign - I hope your stretch goals meet the point you hope they do :P

NightWolve

Yeah, it's great to see them succeed and possibly head towards a stretch goal, though I personally don't care about the Dreamcast. A hearty congrats to all involved!!

Sarumaru's had some kind of marketing background if I'm not mistaken ? Between his established store, brand, contacts, and promotional travels to conventions, etc. you can understand how this got off the ground and made it to this point.

Well, first Kickstarter that I backed, I trust I won't be disappointed, right guys ?? ;)

Quote from: esteban on 09/25/2016, 10:16 PM
You're silly.

I'm serious.
Well put!

NecroPhile

Quote from: Gredler on 09/26/2016, 12:56 PMI was not able to weigh in this morning, I'll have to follow up tomorrow, but it's not looking/feeling good from the amount of beers and food I had over the weekend. The weekdays are easy for me to not eat at work and be careful when I get home, but the weekends are rough to say the least - gluttonous fun -but rough on the diet.
Wrong thread, gomer.  :P

But here's a free Yuki:

:yuki:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

NightWolve

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I quickly glanced at his post and wondered what the deal was, but moved on to other threads.