FX-Unit Yuki: The Henshin Engine for TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine

Started by sirhcman, 09/19/2016, 09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldRover

/14502810_10209765254195381_1893457011604327347_lost.jpg

New frames for Yuki's jumping attack, since we were initially just using the standing attack frames... that works alright when in motion but when you take stills, it looks like she's standing in mid-air. She also has a new walk animation, which will be shown off in the next video, which will be out in a few days. Saru is doing up the Castlevampire Z enemy set right now. :D
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

OldRover

Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

esteban

I love MR BONES and the AIRBORNE CARROT that is an homage to "Flying Medusa Head"

:)

technozombie

Well, I got my vote in for the Genesis version.

esteban

Quote from: technozombie on 10/12/2016, 12:19 AMWell, I got my vote in for the Genesis version.
I am torn. Hmmmm.... how will I vote?

UPDATE: I HAD TO VOTE Sega CD when I saw it was losing to CART (48 -22)

I was surprised that the GB port was only a few votes shy of Sega CD!

technozombie

Quote from: esteban on 10/12/2016, 12:56 AM
Quote from: technozombie on 10/12/2016, 12:19 AMWell, I got my vote in for the Genesis version.
Since the PC engine version will be on CD, I thought it would be nice to have an FM synth soundtrack. And, I'm not particularly interested in a Gameboy version.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: technozombie on 10/12/2016, 01:00 AM
Since the PC engine version will be on CD, I thought it would be nice to have an FM synth soundtrack. And, I'm not particularly interested in a Gameboy version.
FM is still available with a CD game.   Just like how PSG is still used with PCE CD games

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

technozombie

Quote from: guest on 10/12/2016, 01:17 AM
FM is still available with a CD game.   Just like how PSG is still used with PCE CD games
Didn't we already have this discussion Dr. Wily.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: technozombie on 10/12/2016, 01:20 AM
Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 10/12/2016, 01:17 AM
No.  I'm saying that a Sega CD game can still access and use the FM hardware in the Megadrive for music... so CD doesn't mean there's no FM soundtrack.

You can toggle between PSG and CD music in a bunch of PCE CD games, including one I made.

It's a thing.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Gredler

I voted sega CD but I am looking to a mega drive version, for ultimate fekashin action

technozombie

Quote from: guest on 10/12/2016, 01:48 AM
Quote from: technozombie on 10/12/2016, 01:20 AM
Quote from: guest on 10/12/2016, 01:17 AM
No.  I'm saying that a Sega CD game can still access and use the FM hardware in the Megadrive for music... so CD doesn't mean there's no FM soundtrack.

You can toggle between PSG and CD music in a bunch of PCE CD games, including one I made.

It's a thing.
I knew what you meant. I was refering to the discussion about the fact that at the time CD audio was a big selling point and that using CD audio was as much about the feel of the PCE as PSG music. I feel that the Sega Cd would be the same and it would be counter intuitive to put an FM soundtrack on a CD game. Honestly, from a cost perspective I would have never give the option for a cartridge version and only did the CD. An option for CD audio(original PCE audio) or an arranged FM soundtrack could have been a selectable option.

majors

It just seems wrong to have Henshin on a feka device. I guess if Sega can put Sonic on a Nintendo...
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

DeshDildo

My 3 favorite consoles of all time are NES, TG16/PCE and Genesis.  While I like Sega CD, I totally had to vote for a cart version of the game and voted Feka Genocide.  In any event, I had backed a package including the PCE/TG16 version but I plan to purchase all 3.
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

NecroPhile

I refuse to vote because the options suck and don't match the campaign.

Even though I know it wouldn't win, I wanted to vote for PC-FX.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

OldRover

Quote from: guest on 10/12/2016, 10:08 AMEven though I know it wouldn't win, I wanted to vote for PC-FX.
The PC-FX is getting a conversion anyway, on my dime... the PC-FX needs more love so I am going to make it happen. This is in the future, of course.

esteban

Quote from: OldRover on 10/12/2016, 02:36 PM
Quote from: guest on 10/12/2016, 10:08 AMEven though I know it wouldn't win, I wanted to vote for PC-FX.
The PC-FX is getting a conversion anyway, on my dime... the PC-FX needs more love so I am going to make it happen. This is in the future, of course.
I will pay for PC-FX version.

Krimstah

Quote from: esteban on 10/12/2016, 06:03 PM
Quote from: OldRover on 10/12/2016, 02:36 PM
I will pay for PC-FX version.
Same here

NecroPhile

I will pay for PC-FX version and promise to rub it on my taint.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

esteban

Quote from: guest on 10/13/2016, 05:54 PMI will pay for PC-FX version and promise to rub it on my taint.
I will pay to watch a video of that.

On loop.

At the local deli.

DildoKKKobold

I voted for the GB version, since I'm a huge fan of back ports. I doubt it will get made, though.
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

OldRover

New video footage. Stage 3-1 is playable but not complete. Yuki has a new running animation that makes the game somehow seem a little bit faster (it's not, honest). Zombies rise out of the floor and the mountains are way off in the distance. With any luck, the whole stage will be done by the next expo... though I am not sure how feasible this is.

ToyMachine78

Damn! This game looks more legit than half of the official releases for the system. Looks nice.

esteban

NightWolve

Needs to work in a cart-pulled-by-horses scene though, and preferably with kickass music with a sense of urgency. :P

OldRover

14666266_10209830083696078_3959805483479082211_lost.jpg

I altered the Skeleton's colors so it blends in better with the rest of the stage. The white and blue kind of "pops" and makes it look a bit out of place.

14572360_10209830498786455_535997909076107756_lost.jpg

After a hard battle, Yuki reaches the end of stage 3-1. However, the door is locked... for now.

spenoza

Don't make the skeleton blend in too well or he'll be too hard to see. Also, those zombies seem to pop up a hair too close for the main character's walking speed. (I'm a real gameplay mechanics wonk, so stuff like this is ALWAYS the stuff I pay attention to first.)

Looks gorgeous, though, absolutely.

CrackTiger

Here are a couple alternate palettes.

IMG
IMG

I'd prefer enemies (at least the zombies) moving faster than the player. But I like challenge.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

OldRover

In Hard difficulty, the Zombies and Bats both move faster.

blueraven

Gredler

Red skeleton that gets back up

CrackTiger

A red skeleton would stand out better in the later sections.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

blueraven

It would also add an element of "oh shit" to the levels.  :twisted:

esteban

14666266_10209830083696078_3959805483479082211_n.jpg

I am *eagerly* awaiting MR.BONES.MOTORBIKE as an homage of Castlevania 64!!!!!

I am serious.

DildoKKKobold

Ok, the "fake" parallax behind the windows is really impressive. I'm guessing its just a set of sprites that is the top of the mountain/faded blue border, set behind the background. Seriously, I'm super impressed. It'd be cool if you did some thunder, because you'd have to change the background palette and the sprites palettes.

For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

Gredler

My second string guess is animated tiles like they did in stage 00. 6 frames or so of a tile that shifts the pixels of the mountains within the window frame. Tge animation plays in relation to player positions so the mountains appear to shift as the player moves left or right. The effect does look great!

OldRover

Latest public video:
Intro dialogue, animated candles, and all regular enemies are now added. This level is taking shape nicely, though there's still much to do.

esadajr

You don't have to show us your progress but it is super appreciated. I really like what I'm seeing.
Gaming since 1985

munchiaz

esteban

Quote from: OldRover on 10/16/2016, 11:26 PMLatest public video:
Intro dialogue, animated candles, and all regular enemies are now added. This level is taking shape nicely, though there's still much to do.
Holy FUCKING awesome.

When is CrackTiger going to finish animation frames for MR.Bones.motorbike? I can't wait. Homages to Castlevania II, X and 64... fantastic. Add a  guitar and I'll be in Heaven.

Sarumaru

Quote from: esteban on 10/17/2016, 06:49 PM
Quote from: OldRover on 10/16/2016, 11:26 PMLatest public video:
Holy FUCKING awesome.

When is CrackTiger going to finish animation frames for MR.Bones.motorbike? I can't wait. Homages to Castlevania II, X and 64... fantastic. Add a  guitar and I'll be in Heaven.

So what IF... we put him in a dress instead. And instead of bones, he throws flowers~

esteban

^ I would love that!

Where have all the flowers gone? Long time passing...long time ago...

elmer

Nighttrate

This games coming along nicely. Good job

BigusSchmuck

Played the demo at PRGE this year. Really, really catchy music and you guys set the new bar for homebrewn PCE games. I can't wait to play the full version. :)

OldRover

Sorry for the compressed image... it'd be a bit too large otherwise (plus it's coming from Facebook because reasons)

/15171199_10210216297751188_5770104853783148978_lost.jpg

This is just another sample of the upcoming finished version of the Castlevampire Z stage. It's the largest stage in the game so far.

OldRover

esteban

munchiaz