@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Dead Of The Brain released in America?

Started by Kitsunexus, 03/19/2007, 07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsunexus

Was Dead Of The Brain for the PCE-CD ever released in America? I was talking to a gamer friend who swears it was, but then again, I'm pretty gullible. ._.
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

TurboXray

CrackTiger

Yeah, its one of those games like Dynastic Hero that people think they can charge an arm and a leg for just because its short printed.

IMG
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Kitsunexus

Quote from: TurboXray on 03/19/2007, 07:52 PMIt will be - sort of :wink:
Sweet. :) Thanks!

Quote from: guestYeah, its one of those games like Dynastic Hero that people think they can charge an arm and a leg for just because its short printed.
IMG

Keranu

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 03/19/2007, 10:26 PMSweet. :) Thanks!
Oh no, no! He's just joking!  :mrgreen: It's Japanese only and was the last official PCE game released back in 1997/1998. Wouldn't have made much sense if it came out to America long after the Duo's death :) .
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

SignOfZeta

IMG

ParanoiaDragon

Since when is Dead of the Brain roleplaying???
IMG

runinruder

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 03/20/2007, 02:37 AMSince when is Dead of the Brain roleplaying???
They tweaked it for its US release.  They even removed "My Boyfriend is a Pilot."  TTI was notorious for such bastardizations.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

NecroPhile

:lol:  Thanks for making me giggle.  The zombie pic looks familiar, where did it come from Black_Tiger?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Kitsunexus

I thought Dead Of The Brain WAS role-playing, albeit point-and-click roleplaying.

shubibiman

Dead of the Brain was released in june 1999 ;)
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

CrackTiger

Quote from: NecroPhile on 03/20/2007, 11:47 AM:lol:  Thanks for making me giggle.  The zombie pic looks familiar, where did it come from Black_Tiger?
I googled "zombies". The font is 'House of the Dead'.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Kitsunexus

Quote from: guest on 03/20/2007, 07:25 PM
Quote from: guest on 03/20/2007, 11:47 AMIMG
 :lol:  Thanks for making me giggle.  The zombie pic looks familiar, where did it come from CrackTiger?
I googled "zombies". The font is 'House of the Dead'.
I thought that looked familiar...

Seldane

Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG
Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: IMG! Sir, the door was open.

ParanoiaDragon

It's an adventure game aka Interactive Digital Comic.
IMG

Kitsunexus

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 03/20/2007, 09:32 PMIt's an adventure game aka Interactive Digital Comic.
It's an H-Game? SWEET!

ParanoiaDragon

IMG

Seldane

Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG
Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: IMG! Sir, the door was open.

PCEngineHell

I played it on X68000. I thought it was great to see the doc play god with the cat and cop/ security guard or whatever he was. The game is alot like Snatcher and those other point and klik games like Shadowgate.