10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Catastrophy: In Development

Started by DildoKKKobold, 08/14/2015, 07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gredler

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 02/17/2017, 09:19 PMThe Beez Kneez.  Knees support the rest of the body, you support the Turbo!
The Bee's Knees are the Cat's Pijamas, and meow.

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: CrackTiger on 02/17/2017, 10:34 PMI like Bee's Knee's.
If she gets down on her bees knees and lets out the boo bees, we're set for a good time.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

spenoza

*facepalm* Really? That's where you go with that?

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: guest on 02/17/2017, 10:48 PM*facepalm* Really? That's where you go with that?

where else did anyone think I would go with that.

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

esteban

B.C. Engine Production House, International

aka: BCEPHI
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Psycho Punch

This Toxic Turbo Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs!
I had to delete THOUSANDS of error log entries cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

esteban

OldRover

Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

sirhcman

Gredler Interactive
DickfaceTAS Productions
Gryle Soft
Dlobok Soft
Catastrophic Studios

sirhcman

Nine Lives
Catatonic Studios

Gredler

Tool Assisted Speed Development

Retarded Cat Games

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Arkhan Asylum

OldRover

If you were to reconsider doing "Obey Bee", I had someone do a couple of voice samples for it.
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Gredler

Just a little update to let everyone know we're still working on it. DK has recently figured out a cool idea on how to introduce more background variety to the Vacuum level, and I've found a couple breaks where I could work on it a little to start making some things. We're trying to become more classy, one might say more dapper.

IMG

CrackTiger

Very cool. Please make him an unlockable playable character.

elmer

Arkhan Asylum

I dunno.  That bowtie makes him look like a bit of a pussy.

heeeheeee

HailingTheThings

IMG

esteban

Quote from: Gredler on 03/08/2017, 02:04 PMJust a little update to let everyone know we're still working on it. DK has recently figured out a cool idea on how to introduce more background variety to the Vacuum level, and I've found a couple breaks where I could work on it a little to start making some things. We're trying to become more classy, one might say more dapper.

IMG
This bastard has class.

OldRover

NightWolve

Quote from: Gredler on 03/08/2017, 02:04 PMIMG
Hey, alternate version of Top Cat AKA T.C.!

Top Cat!
The indisputable leader of the gang.
He's the boss, he's a VIP, he's a championship.
He's the most tip top,Top Cat.
Yes, he's the chief, he's a king,
But above everything,He's the most tip top,
Top Cat!

Gredler

Well nightwolve, thanks for the reference! I need to go back and purple up this pimp, hell yeeeahh!!

Also need to add a stripe to the hat (I didn't like that plane poorly shaded look anyways - adding a stripe will help)

BTW - I am a lagger who's been stuck in hyrule and wedding plans, so I have not done anything since this cat - DK is making progress soldiering through with placeholder art though, so progress trickles on!

Excuses excuses!! :P

turboswimbz

GIVE ME MORE - updates  . . . please.  also very nice work so far gredler.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

DildoKKKobold

Here's a new level underway - unfortunately, the youtube downsampling to 30 fps screws up the bird shadows. This also illustrates my "wonderful" art skills.
I'd also like to note that there has been a ton of progress on the final level. Its nearing completion of the programming and art assets. However, we'd really like to keep the content of that one as a secret (as much as we can) for the players. It's by far the most intense use of graphics and animation to date. We hope you'll love it when the game is finally released.
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: NecroPhile on 08/24/2017, 04:45 PMThat compression though.
Yeah, I really need to learn how the TAS encoders do this stuff, because I clearly don't have the first clue what I'm doing. They're really good at doing some sort of frame blending to create stuff that does 30 fps well, and doesn't get shit on by youtube's compression algorithm.

If anyone really wants to see what it looks like, they can download this.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Byq2GWuRJPgMNU5DV3dNaC05ZDQ

(You'll have to actually download it. Google's internal player still screws everything up.)

DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

CrackTiger

The parts with the shadows before the birds swoop down look really cool.

LostFlunky

Looking good guys!   Cool effect with the shadows.

sirhcman

Have to play in 60fps to see the shadows "properly"

Gredler

DK the programming wizard, great job dude!

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: guest on 08/24/2017, 09:23 PMHave to play in 60fps to see the shadows "properly"
BLACK MAGIC! WIZARDRY!
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

NecroPhile

Very nice.  She's coming along nicely.

Youtube really took a shit on that first video.  Thanks, Obama!
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

esteban

100 pts awarded to the entire Catastrophy Crüe!!!

I love everything.

:)

Gredler

DK asked me to post an update, and since we've recently made some progress both to share and to hold behind the curtain I figured I might as well

We recently got the final level to a very nice point graphically, and now DK is smoothing out the edges on the animation and level design. A few small polish things visually and that level will be at the same point of completion as the shown shower level, but we will not be showing the final level since it would spoil the fun of what the last level is. We've bookended the project with a 80% done first level "Slippery Situation" a.k.a. the shower level, and now this 75% done last level "Doggone Dilemma".

We've continued working on the vacuum level, and there's a lot on my plate for that, so when I have some art to show - or DK has any new gameplay to show - we will share that when it's available.

I recently updated the HP Bar, and DK thought that'd be fun to share. Thank you Sarumaru for the placeholder we've used up until now, but I wanted to make something that is more noticeable when it changes, and something that matches the look of the player's character :catastrophy:

IMG

Sorry I don't have more to share with you all, but hopefully we keep up the recent momentum and have more to share soon. Thanks for the interest.